Helicopter Damage Model Revamp

The roadmap released at the beginning of the year said we would get a helicopter damage model revamp. As someone who plays helicopters frequently I want to know the thoughts and ideas on what this may look like. I also want to know how it can be improved. They are set to be revamped this summer. So next major update most likely. Thoughts?

Helicopters need skin that doesn’t get penned by dawdamn 5.56s

Why? Aluminum does get penned by 5.56 and even smaller calibers

Irl it was extremely well protected around the cockpits and engines. Ingame, a Puma’s 5.56s can destroy it pretty much anywhere.

Gee, if only there were more to helicopters than just the cockpit and engines… Oh wait! There is, including nearly the entirety of the electronics and rotor systems

A few LMG hits and you violently explode, I have no hope for this at all

If only it was made under the largest military budget in the world with the most advanced material science in the world and help from Nazi German engineers. You can see from irl wars the Apache was in that it could takes loads of gunfire and still fly. Its rotors were specifically designed to withstand hits from 23mm, and it’s body was designed to withstand gunfire from 12.7mms.

Dang helis are already dead in this meta. They are burying the coffin now.

Maybe it is that Gaijin try to model internal module to Helicopter like they did with ground vehicles.
As some might already know Most empty space in helicopters model aren’t exactly empty.

Just like current ground force. Damage module would effect vehicles one way or another
Ammunition storage , battary unit , Optic , MAW system , stabilizer/hover , etc