Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • Maybe
  • No
0 voters

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I.

History.

The Hawker Hurricane Mk.I was a 1930s and 1940s British single-seat fighter aircraft designed by Hawker Aircraft Ltd. Yugoslavia, ahead of possible war, surrounded by increasingly hostile nations and undergoing rearmament and modernization of the Royal Armed Forces, decided to purchase the license for its production. Between the examples purchased from the British and those produced locally, Yugoslavia was equipped with 41 fighters, which were used during the desperate defense of Yugoslavia against the Axis powers. At the end of the brief invasion of the country, at least one example was captured by the Italian occupation forces, who repainted the plane and took it to Guidonia to be tested and tested with a view to possible re-use in the Italian ranks. After several tests the plane had a landing gear accident, which forced it to the ground and prevented further use. As time passed and the war continued, the plane was lost and all traces of it were lost.

Armaments and propulsion.

The Yugoslavs first and the Italians later maintained the original armament of the Hawker Hurricane, namely 8 7.7 mm Browning machine guns placed in the wings.
For the engine, however, the plane was equipped with a classic Rolls-Royce Merlin Mk.II engine with 1030 HP of power, which allowed the plane to reach a maximum speed of 550 km/h and a ceiling of 11,000 m.

Specifications.

Spoiler

Crew: 1
Engine:1x PE Rolls-Royce Merlin III of 1.030 hp power
Length: 9.58 m
Width: 12.19 m
Height: 3.99 m
Maximum Weight: 3024 kg
Maximum Speed: 508 km/h
Ceiling: 10.120 m
Range: 756 km
Armament: 8x 7.7 mm Browning wing-mounted with 350 rpg, 2,800 total

Pictures and drawnings.

Spoiler

Sources.

Spoiler

Hawker Hurricane - Wikipedia
Hawker Hurricane - Wikipedia
Hawker Hurricane
https://www.lasecondaguerramondiale.org/aerei/royal-air-force/374-hawker-hurricane.html
Hawker Hurricane in Italian Service - Destination's Journey
Hawker Hurricane in Yugoslav service - Wikipedia
Request on the Italian captured Hawker Hurricane | Aircraft of World War II - WW2Aircraft.net Forums
Le foto storiche dall

2 Likes

+1. I like that!

1 Like

+1

2 Likes

Yess+1

2 Likes

I am sorry, but I have to -1 here, I feel like Italy could add other prems at the same rank, such Mc.20 bis and G.50v/G.51.

This can be maybe not a premium. Maybe an event. And this plane is more powerful than the italian Serie 0 fighters.

1 Like

+1, why not!

2 Likes

+1 as an event

2 Likes

+1 from a UK main, good event/premium candidate.

3 Likes

+1 yes since it was used

2 Likes