Has anyone had any ping and PL issues since the event started?

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any issues regarding ping and PL since the event started, my internet is fine on everything else, can run discord fine and other games, just war thunder servers have been slamming me into the ground due to PL.

Or is this just purely a New Zealand gaming moment?

1 Like

Interestingly, another player had just been complaining about ping/PL and it appears they are connecting in from New Zealand:

I’m connected to the CIS server, which seems to perform fine. Are you using the SA server? Because that one is quite notorious for its instability. Otherwise, it might just be because of physical distance.

1 Like

Oh interesting, didn’t see that thread sorry.

I use all servers, and it seems that it’s completely random, one US server will be fine, one won’t, same with SA

Guess it’s just distance then. Someone once mentioned that a VPN or other lag-reduction software helps a lot:

In theory, the SA server would be the most optimal for you distance-wise (rumours say the server is in Hong Kong? When I was living in South Africa connecting to the EU server worked fine, and the distance is pretty much the same). Unfortunately, the SA server seems to hiccup a lot more than other servers for unknown reasons, and Gaijin removed the option to explicitly select the SA server, also for unknown reasons, which is why I have to connect to the CIS server even though I’m in Southern China right now.

Yeah, I forgot they removed it so I had to manually select it now, instantly lowered my ping by 100 but I have yet to see any PL difference

You’re not the only one. I usually have stable internet here in NA but ever since the event started, I’d get random moments of PL spikes and randomly lose connection to the game but not on any other apps.

this is so odd, I’m using an ethernet cable to my laptop too, it’s not wifi aha. Feed the hamsters more

it has gotten worse and worse especially lately

i have also had random PL spikes in matches since the event and it is getting more frequent at this point the game is unplayable as i never know when the PL spike will happen

i have been telling people for 3 days the event has something to do with the pl spike but they blow up in my face this happened with obj 292 event and mirage 2k event and now the f14 event