Gulf War

This is my second suggestion regarding adding a new air map to the game, this map would be based on the events of the Gulf War

Context :
The Gulf War was an armed conflict between Iraq and a 42-country coalition led by the United States. The coalition’s efforts against Iraq were carried out in two key phases: Operation Desert Shield , which marked the military buildup from August 1990 to January 1991; and Operation Desert Storm , which began with the aerial bombing campaign against Iraq on 17 January 1991 and came to a close with the American-led liberation of Kuwait on 28 February 1991.

This new map would be a large map of approximately 500km on each side (maximum size) including southeastern Iraq, Kuwait, northern Saudi Arabia and part of Iran, the size of this map would allow it to include numerous battle objectives as well as a wide variety of scenarios.

I offer two variations of this card :

1. The ARB variant :

This first version of the map is a reduced version, it only includes the border area between Kuwait, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. This map is around 150km x 150km large

This map is around 150km x 150km large and would make an excellent realistic battle map although devoid of relief.

It would be possible to imagine convoys of vehicles in red Iraqi tanks, in blue NATO tanks and in green a defense zone with anti-aircraft guns, casemates and artillery pieces such as what we can already find in game) and in orange the airfields for both team

1. The ASB variant :

this version of the map is the largest possible version, this one is a square of 500km on each side and allows long flights as well as the reconstruction of historical events

It would be possible to imagine convoys of vehicles in red Iraqi tanks, in blue NATO tanks and in green a defense zone with anti-aircraft guns, casemates and artillery pieces such as what we can already find in game) and in orange the airfields for both team. An aircraft carrier could be added in the Persian Gulf (the American aircraft carrier model)

Advantage

• This map can be divided into different parts to meet the expectations of realistic and simulator modes
  • This map is much larger than the others and would allow the game to develop over the course of a long game.
  • Numerous possibilities for adding events for aerial battles (waves of bombers, protection of maritime and land convoys, etc.)
  • Solving the problem of high-rank planes, the size of the map would limit the arrival of the enemy team at airfields and leaves a large playing space for modern planes, especially with the arrival of SARH missiles in play
  • Creation of a realistic and historical environment allowing events to be carried out

Inconvenient

• This map is big, very big. This could create a feeling of emptiness in play, especially for propeller planes which are much slower
[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters
4 Likes

I still have no idea how a map based on iraq isn’t in the game yet. It is prime peer modern warfare and a land that has a history of both tank combat and air combat with the use of naval and land based air operations.

2 Likes

Actually this map good, But I feel that 150km x 150km in Air RB might not be enough for aircraft 12.3 ~ 12.7 BR and higher 12.7

1 Like

the advantage is that the maximum size of the map would be 400km x 400km so we can reduce it as we want for a realistic map

I want this Air EC map 160km x 160km or 200km x 200km for aviation 12.7, 13.0 ~ 13.3 and higher 13.3 BR. especially aircraft 13.0 & 13.3 and higher armed PGM 60 km ~ 125 km and standoff guided PGM

3 Likes