Ground SB sim neglected by the developers

All SB is neglected …

You meant that it’s even more neglected than Air SB ? If yes, my condolences …

Just remove cas from top tier and its perfect

I think they should just make it so you can’t spawn aircraft with anti-tank weaponry as first spawn.

It’s insane that in the 9_2 rotation some SPAAs can’t do anything about helicopters because the guns just don’t have enough range. A clear example is the SIDAM; it’s guns only reach 2.3km, when Mi-4s, Mi-24s and Z-11s can sit comfortably beyond that range.

Including MANPADs in this rotation would also greatly help

same, I enjoy flying in sim battles.

1 Like

Apache only dominates Iraki’s T-55. Nothing Exceptionnal. It never met serious opponents. It only dominate middle east soviet army & islamist…

2 Likes

Camel - The AH-64D “Longbow” is an obsolete variant by today’s Army standards. The current model is the AH-64E “Guardian”. Any prior Longbows still in service are in the process to be upgraded over time. If not, they will be likely sold on the International market, or sent to the bone yard storage to recycle their parts.

Also, another correction, those were not Ka-50s. They only produced a handful of that variant. The Ka-52 is the variant that is widely used in that conflict.

And losses is not contributed solely to its performance. Lets be clear about that. Human error and poor intelligence can also lead to loss of valuable equipment, including the amount of MANPAD systems in production. Any attack helicopter can face destruction in today’s modern warfare by being at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

2 Likes

Apache will take the same with manpads everywhere wtf are you beliving???

2 Likes

Not sure how real life performance of Apache in Iraq or ka52s in Ukraine has anything to do with war thunder, unless we’re aiming to simulate the entire situation including infantry, command structure, and overall combined arms strategy. Iraq was an insanely complex combined arms operation with careful coordination between thousand of troops and vehicles .Go play Squad milsim events if you want to try and replicate that.

Regarding “nobody plays planes because of SAMs”, get gud. Pantsirs and Kamovs are SL piñatas if you know what you’re doing. Seriously, 80%+ of Ka pilots just hover above their heli spawn with ZERO situational awareness. You could probably shoot them down with a biplane.

2 Likes

Anyway, I hear in game that probably 80% of sim players complain about the ka-50 plague. enough is enough.

Players complain about it because it is the most common that’s played. The fact is, other helicopters like the Tiger are just as menacing as well in the right hands. The issue does not resolve around a specific helicopter. It has to do with the current gameplay mechanics that allows anyone to spawn any helicopter (regardless of loadout selection), with full engines on, and right close to the AO.

That of course will cause problems, allowing helicopters, at match start, to lock down a spawn before players had any chance to roll out of them. For so long, this occurred and allowed the KA-50 to become the most popular helicopter used. Not due to it being a premium, but mostly due to its 9K127 Vikhr missiles that can be multi-fired, and had the best range as well. Anyone, regardless of skill level, can simply point-n-click with their mouse to rank up easy kills. The gameplay mechanics for helicopters allowed it to be heavily abused. Even though, you can no longer spam the missiles anymore. It is still a threat, just like other top-tier helicopters.

gaijin should please implement apache radar head properly. russian team should finally experience apache plague.

As an American, your comment here is so high on copium regarding the Apache.

Trying to compare battle results from conflicts with professional pilots flying them, and thinking that’s proof that WT players on NATO side will stomp the Warsaw teams. That’s seriously delusional, sir. WT players, are not professional military pilots.

1 Like

I agree! Apache also shown so well in Kosovo, they started to drop down from “pilot mistakes” and were withdrawn immediately from Albania (they never enetered Kosovo). Lul. This thread is not about helicopters, its about Ground Sim. Make your own thread crying about ka 52s. Leave

1 Like

Do those exist?

I actually like that and it should be like that in RB too, in my opinion.

But they need to do something about the unfairness in CAS and SPAA.

I can’t bring out the A-10, because I get obliterated by a pantsir.

But their Ka-50’s are safe and sound at their heli base, destroying the entire team in a few minutes.

1 Like

They do! I haven’t tried one but they look like a lot of fun:: https://youtu.be/mHLjQ41nrew

if you want to be a CAS main, go play an air mode

1 Like

No, thats not how it works. Air RB is not made for ground attackers, at all.

3 Likes

Oh ok, so I guess tank players have to take one for the team and let strike aircraft/bomber players murder us with impunity so the game can be fun for them.

Now you’re just being obnoxious.

But I do agree that top tier CAS is unholy and should be reworked so it isn’t so easy to get kills 20 km away.

cough cough Ka-50

Nobody will play this game mode as long as friendly ID is extremely bad and the FoV on commander view is stuck at 50 degree (human fov is like 100+) so it’s nauseating .

you sit in a tank. your vision is limited.

I would like a hatch open hatch closed function.
but neither the community nor the developers come up with such ideas.

tank com

2 Likes

You obviously have no idea what I am writing about in regards to FOV or what FOV even is.