Ground SB sim neglected by the developers

if you want to be a CAS main, go play an air mode

1 Like

No, thats not how it works. Air RB is not made for ground attackers, at all.

3 Likes

Oh ok, so I guess tank players have to take one for the team and let strike aircraft/bomber players murder us with impunity so the game can be fun for them.

Now you’re just being obnoxious.

But I do agree that top tier CAS is unholy and should be reworked so it isn’t so easy to get kills 20 km away.

cough cough Ka-50

Nobody will play this game mode as long as friendly ID is extremely bad and the FoV on commander view is stuck at 50 degree (human fov is like 100+) so it’s nauseating .

you sit in a tank. your vision is limited.

I would like a hatch open hatch closed function.
but neither the community nor the developers come up with such ideas.

tank com

2 Likes

You obviously have no idea what I am writing about in regards to FOV or what FOV even is.

you mean what we call in german sichtfeld. how is the field of view in a tank?

An example, the same picture you posted but in Gaijin current ground battle FoV settings. (Air sim has custom FoV for 10 years now)

chrome_GQYtBqyHjs

oh noes where did the side views go??? why it so zoom in ???

everything okay with you? problems? I also wish for the same as you. realistic interior views. but the field of vision in a tank is basically small.
… smaller than your required 100%.

U still don’t get it. Realistic interiors would be even worse than what we have now and players go from 20 to 5.

I don’t care what you want. :)
most want the commander to have a periscope or a small window inside. and a hatch. to guide the tank with the hatch open, with more visibility but less protection. or with the hatch closed, with less visibility but more protection.
this is how it should be in Sim. ready. bye

Mate, I think you’re simply both having a misunderstanding based on a language barrier. He agrees with you. What he’s saying is not about how much of the exterior you see. It’s about the Sichtfeld of the human eye.

Example. Suppose for some reason all your commander optics are broken, so you only see the inside of the cupola for whatever reason, ok? How much of the cupola would you be able to see?

The human eyes see around 100°. So just by looking ahead, you would see 100° of the cupola’s interior, out of 360. But in War Thunder, this is set at around 50° by default. Meaning that your commander has a narrower view than the average human, and probably a very weird eye placement on his face… 😁

I hope that clears up the misunderstanding. You’re talking about two different vision related issues.

exactly, it’s unnecessarily ‘zoomed in’ when playing ground sb, and for some people makes it feel uncanny and even sickly.

1 Like