Getting the A-10's the Litening targeting pods

According to the U.S. Airforce the A-10 A/C are able to use the Litening targeting pod

https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104571/litening-advance-targeting/

This also give the a-10 laser guided munitions. This should help out with Ground RB CAS as the Mavericks defiantly benefit from this and aslo getting laser munitions to would also be a benefit to the use of the A-10

Feel like supporting it heres the bug report
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/GI9h8XDAC2be

Do you want the A-10 to be 11.0?

2 Likes

The A-10A could not mount the Litening until the “'A-10A+” upgrade, which was some interim solution due to the delays in the A-10C program.

I think it’s best to just leave the A-10A as is, and just patiently wait for the A-10C to arrive instead. Having a lower BR A-10A allows it to have 9Ls at a BR range where they are much more potent, whilst the A-10C will probably just completely suck in ARB (idk if they mounted 9Ms or better) but have improved A2G capabilities at a higher BR.

4 Likes

Wait for A-10C.

1 Like

Waiting for the a-10с at 11.3 so someone else can experience what a subsonic airplane is like at the top level.

Absolutely impossible to compete with the multirole 12.0+

I guess maybe A-10C (2016) and could be 11.7 BR at rank 8 but not sure equipped Litening AN/AAQ-28(V)4 Litening AT targeting pod or AN/AAQ-33(V)1/2 Sniper pod

it has sniper, but its been shit like su-25t if you compare it with multirole fighter

It’s SP is basically 11.0 anyway, it cost even more than F-14B with full LGB or A-7E with Walleye + thermal. Giving it targeting pod at least allows you pop up from 8km away and try to take out enemies from safer distance.

Considering that other country is getting 5th Su-25, I was quite surprised that no one suggested A-10 Suite 3 (A-10C) to Gaijin jet.

And there is much to be desired:

• AIM-9M
  • HMD
  • AN/AAQ-28 Litening
  • GBU
  • AKPWS
  • JDAM
  • MWS
  • AN/ALQ-131 V ECM jammer pod
1 Like

I think Gaijin is waiting for the separation of air and ground BRs to add the A-10C. That way it will be ~12.3 in air RB and 11.3-11.7 in ground RB. Considering it has HMD + AIM-9Ms, it will be lethal within close ranges, but it definitely will suffer in air RB.

If AV-8B is 11.7 in Air RB then A-10C couldn’t possibly be 12.3. Its slower and thats pretty much it for ARB.

1 Like

I’d guess A-10C would be 11.7 (equal to Harrier Gr7)

Then AV-8B+ armed with AMRAAM at 12.3

1 Like

Sea Harrier FA.2 when

Almost certain it will be AMRAAM update. Which I hope is next major. It’s basically in game already. Just in pieces. Even it’s RWR was data-mined as an unused asset last major

1 Like

Ehhhhhhhhhhh…

I guess maybe AV-8B Night Attack armament mixed 2003 & 2008

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

AV-8B NA would be 11.7 BR in Air RB & Air SB and Ground RB 12.0

A-10C equipped AN/AAQ-28(V) Litening AT targeting pod, could be 11.7 BR (Air RB & Air SB) and 12.0 BR (Ground RB)

I assume might be USMC AV-8B+ refit 2011 but not sure equipped AN/AAQ-28(V) Litening II or Litening AT targeting pod

AV-8B+ from USMC at 12.3 (Air RB & Air SB) but would be 12.0 BR in Ground RB

Spoiler

Spoiler

AV-8B NA would be a good counterpart to the GR.7 at 11.7, especially if they ever add the outrigger pylon Sidewinder capability to it (and the B+), that it should have according to manuals.

AV-8B+ would naturally be at a higher BR with AMRAAMs (A, B and C) and expanded weapon stores (digital improved triple ejector rack with JDAMs):

Spoiler

Notice the clipped wings/canards/whatever they’re called

About the A-10C, I don’t think it will be any further than 11.0 - sure, 4x AIM-9Ms, HMD, Litening pod and missile warning system are pretty nice, but it doesn’t get basically any improvement in ordinance it carries, certainly not the likes of the OP and BS SU-25’s KH-38…at best it would be 11.3 depending on if it gets the improved AIM-9M-8 with better IRCCM and depending on ordinance.

It absolutely could if they model it properly, the GBU-39A/B is no joke (let alone the eventual carriage of the GBU-53/B that is planned), especially since it can carry 16 of them simultaneously.

f-35-a-10-capabilities-1
f-35-a-10-capabilities-2

1 Like

I didn’t know about that, if it has better range than Mavericks, then sure, it could be at 11.7, trading speed (compared to SU-25), for a larger amount of ordinance