Get the Iranian F-14A IRIAF in the ‘Persian Tomcat’ event

i did not know that.
this is great news.

Yeah but then we dont have Russian techtree in game do we? It’s USSR techtree and Iran had bad relations with USSR ))

4 Likes

Depends on which Iran you’re talking about, pre revolution or post revolution.

2 Likes

Getting the vehicle is ok I find, just the grind for the upgrade coupon is a bit steep.

1 Like

if any sub tree for other nations in this year?

Sure but it wasn’t the point I want to light.

I just wanna said that more missiles isn’t more kills.

It’s still impressive anyway.

AIM-120s could be and were fired of F-14s, but we will never see that…

Only on F-14A. That being said F-14D was wired and cleared to use AIM-120 it just never carried them in service.

1 Like

I wonder if they will give the Fatter missile to it at some point.
Tho the stats would be complete guesses.

Looks like an reverse engineered AIM-9J, with better seeker and new motor/such. Tho I call the 40km range complete bs.

3 Likes

Yeah, not even the reported range of AIM-9X is 40km and Iranians sure as hell dont have better missile tech.

About 40km might be same as “Iranian stealth”

1 Like

All the E-4 is, is an E-2 designed to not get fried by the AWG-9 radar. Because the AWG-9 was so powerful, other earlier missiles wouldnt work with it.

Remind me again where they got the R-27R’s from?

1 Like

To be fair this is a mix of the Early and Late modifications of the IRIAF F-14A so anything which is being used as of right now can be added and we know currently Russia and Iran have pretty good ties.

It should remain in the US tech tree however

The R-27 was acquired when Iran purchased a MiG-29s long after relations with the US had soured. However that is in relation to Irans MiG-29s, not the F-14 which they had no relation with. The R-27, Fakour 90, Sedjil, and funny rocket bomb, were all added and modified by Iran and no one else. Iran and the US had everything to do with this plane, and the USSR/Russia had absolutely nothing to do with this plane.

That would be like some idiot walking in during the Leo 2A4M drama and saying:
“Oh the Leopard 2A4M uses the KE-W shell which is a US export shell, so it should go to the USA!”

4 Likes

Whatever you say bud

1 Like

Wallet warrior: final boss

6 Likes

Where F-20?)

1 Like

I would buy Gaijin stock if I could

1 Like