Get the Iranian F-14A IRIAF in the ‘Persian Tomcat’ event

So its fine if its for Germany, but not if its for Russia? Adding more cas planes helps no one and is more of a reason that they shouldn’t have added the Swiss hunter at all instead of a reason it should have gone to Germany.

1 Like

Did you just skip over the last part?
The USSR tree does not need a F-14 and there is no other relevant reason for them to get the Iranian F-14. Germany had a need for a plane with guided A2G ordnance, location and politics being compatible is just an added bonus.

America doesn’t need a third f14 either. Technically nobody ever needed an f14. That’s really not relevant, and again, nobody needs cas planes, this is an air thread so you might not play ground rb but I can promise you that they aren’t added to improve gameplay.

1 Like

Actually currently the only plane in Russia at 12.3 is a strike aircraft, so they need it more than America does.

2 Likes

Russia does not NEED a plane from their main enemy. It is, once again, an American designed, made and tested aircraft EXPORTED to Iran. If you WANT the F-14 then America should have an ER slinger, how about the Su-27? Doesn’t make much sense does it.

1 Like

I mean, I ain’t complaining cause Bucc S2 is just flat out better in ground battles, and I prefer the Harrier for air RB personally despite it’s slightly worse turn rate.

Not gonna lie, I would still take that Hunter into GRB, as it is a fighter with Mavericks. I’m getting better with the Bullpups, but having TV guided AGMs as an alternative would be nice.

I use the dumb bombs with a 1 second fuse. Bucc is effectively a lower BR Su-25 in playstyle from my experience.

Nobody needs it. Absolutely no one. Kinda the point.

2 Likes

And you don’t need to be posting than???

It’s a fun event, have fun.

The rewards are great and I’m sure everyone wants an F-14, I could honestly care less what tech tree it’s in. America makes the most sense though.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree with you, the Bucc is great, but I like bringing two planes, one fighter and one strike.
Since strike and fighters have seperate spawn cost scaling I would love to have a fighter with better A2G ordnance than the Hunter F.6/FGA.9 or Scimitar.

You’re logic ended your own statement in your second paragraph bud 😭

I disagree. While I think that the arguments in favor of it going to USA are stronger and are correct, the argument that Iran is a state with hostile relations to the USA and the that tomcat’s representation in game is one after Iran partnered with Russia for assistance in maintaining and upgrading the plane is a valid argument for the Iranian tomcat to go to Russia. I don’t think it’s the stronger argument, but it is a valid one and is certainly stronger than “literally no reason to go to russia”

3 Likes

652zyy

6 Likes

thats still a lot of missiles

I really really really really want to play tomcat but i will be six feet in the cold hard ground before i will be seen playing US TT because of reasons

A-5C?
No.
It’s a Chinese modification of Soviet MiG-19, produced by China, and sold to Pakistan, but yeah, with French missiles (they sell MM1 to anyone, who want buy).

1 Like

Give it to russia 😏

A nice event vehicle F14 lovers will not miss 😀

I need to remind y’all that War Thunder is not a realistic game and never was. Hence why I am advocating for the return of the 3 German Tanks and to accept historically controversial vehicles.

It does not matter at all if that missile cannot be fired by the IRIAF, just how it doesn’t matter that a vehicle was never equipped with weapons at all like the Yak-141 or was never actually built like the E100 for example.

2 Likes