Get the Iranian F-14A IRIAF in the ‘Persian Tomcat’ event

Man R-73 would be just too silly

Not sure how Russia needing it is a point, America doesn’t need it either.

Just the right amount of silly

1 Like

The Yak-141 is a complete different story

Not necessarily, it was planned to be used on the YaK-41 but the entire idea of a supersonic service vehicle died out and lost funding eventually. The IRIAF F-14A had plans to use the R-27R and a attempt to integrate it followed but failed but still planned just like the YaK-41.

Things like planned or was to be is accepted for Gaijin and their requirements of a vehicle receiving a certain type of ordinance, this has been mentioned countless of times by Gaijin employees and voluntary employees but people just skim past this.

The requirement for things have changed over the years and not everything is hard locked to historical accuracy but ifs and buts - balancing is also taken into account.

Oh and on the topic of the R-73 for it, that would be the F-14AM

Like you mentioned later in the sentence the IRIAF F-14A we’re receiving is a combination of early and late capabilities of the general Iranian F-14A, anything the F-14AM could carry would be applicable in-game with the upcoming IRIAF F-14A (if deemed reasonable).

1 Like

The first time they mentioned Indias “role” in WT they said that India would be treated like Canada and Australia, i.e. as a support nation that would supply vehicles wherever deemed necessary.
IMHO India should have been just like that and people seem to mostly agree that a large portion of Indias vehicles shouldn’t be added to Britain, but alas, it is what it is

It be like giving the T-2 the Aim-9L lmao,
“You have become the very thing you swore to destroy!” lmao

I guess my point is that Gaijin’s entire system of tech trees and subtrees is dumb and poorly planned out.

3 Likes

I asked this before but I just want to double check,

If I bought the f14 it’ll be 50$? If yes how sure are you.

Yes. It’s what I plan to do :)

1 Like

the American TT makes sense as it’s an american vehicle that was famously exported only once

the Nation to which it was exported was an ally of the US but it ceased to exist 3 years after the export which is why a nation that’s not allied to the US is the current owner of this vehicle

we have a somewhat similar situation already in game, the MiG-29G was first delivered to a Nation allied to the soviet union, but that nation ceased to exist and their sucessor state which isn’t even remotely allied to the soviet union owned it right after

now the MiG is in the German tree because Germany has a tree, Iran to be perfectly honest is a little too small to have a tree of it’s own right now so it does make sense that this aircaft is added to the US tree currently

if, sometime in the future Iran does get a tree there is still an F-14AM that can be added there for a story just like the Merkava’s

Gaijin is milking my wallet dry lmao

Lmao, same

1 Like

Just a thought regarding Russian missile argument: China currently has a premium Pakistan A5C in game which uses Magic 1 missile. French missile which is also the main weapon of this aircraft… Does that mean it should be moved to France?

4 Likes

I’ll do the same, it’s expensive yes but still much cheaper than a Premium at rank VIII and it’s like a Fraction of the time it would cost me to grind it even when calculating with minimum wage

1 Like

Just give Iran it’s own country tech tree. This new event vehicle could be a starter early-access/beta like the other new countries that started with 1 or 2 vehicles, and then got full comprehensive tech tree. Adding the Islamic Republic camo and decal to USA is extra stupid. It’s like adding North Vietnam or Communist Cuba jets and tanks to USA.

no, because the French exported this missile to anyone that had enough change

They bought that plane, and all of their other planes, directly from China, and are still to this day very close allies with China. Not an official sub tree yet but there’s no chance that Pakistan goes anywhere other than China.

Yeah, imo it is better than a top tier prem because of the ARH.

Literally same thing, R-27 has been exported even more widely.

For 8 stages of the event you would need 7992 GE (999GE x 8 stages). In the store 10000 GE costs exactly 49.50EUR so I guess yeah its ~50EUR worth.

1 Like