Get the Iranian F-14A IRIAF in the ‘Persian Tomcat’ event

But why would they? USSR has absolutely no need for subtree as Gaijin and many others have stated.

Yes and they also added the Vijayanta tank (Vickers) a update before.

Could have gone to isreal or China too. Neither of them have a subtree

just cause the US is getting an iranian F-14 dosnt mean it gets its subtree look at the merkava events ages ago and the magach 3

1 Like

Britain got Indian tank before the T-90S was added.

Exact tree where it belongs.
USSR has 0 need for a subtree so no sense in adding a Iranian subtree there.

1 Like

I’d prefer to drop dead then see my beloved Persian F-14A go to our enemy, I’m sorry but a line needs to be made between logical and outrageous. The American TT at least make sense as it is an American vehicle but giving it to Israel is completely unnecessary and uncalled for.

2 Likes

Id pay for a Iranian tomcat in Israeli tree.

Well generally they only do that with whole trees not sub trees

Because Iran would then be a subtree, so no other arguments are needed.

I mean if they wanted to, they’d do it next year otherwise it wouldnt be fair to other countries to have Russia 3 event vehicles already, while some didnt get even one yet.

The USSR is the last nation which is in dire need of a sub tech tree.

1 Like

There is absolutely 0 need for a subtree in USSR tree, it was only logical to put the IRIAF F-14 to US tree where it belongs, it has absolutely no connection to USSR beyond one single missile, while the rest are American.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be fair but realistically there is nothing stopping them from doing it. I think all this arguing is stupid anyways.

The Yak-141 is a complete different story. No point in bringing it up.

As mentioned previously the F-5C is technically the exact same aircraft that Taiwan operated, and although I personally believe you’re right in the fact it should have said countermeasures, it’s not totally historically inaccurate in comparison to the R-27s on the F-14A.

The J-11 has holy docs apparently, but the Iranian F-14 doesn’t, so all it takes is a simple bug report and the R-27s are gone (unless gaijin pulls a gaijin and says nuh uh).

Oh and on the topic of the R-73 for it, that would be the F-14AM (according to the Iranians) if anything, not the F-14A gaijin is adding. Although Gaijin did mention they want to the F-14 they’re adding to be a combination of the capabilities of the Iranian F-14 during all time periods, so if any proof comes out for the R-73, they may add it, however I find it highly unlikely.

3 Likes

Two missiles, it carries r73’s too

1 Like

What nations need and what Gaijin does are usually 2 very different things.

Yeah adding and air subtree to France instead of Japan proved that one pretty well

Well actually 0, neither R-27 or R-73 are used. R-27 could not be and R-73 isnt beyond a single test frame.

1 Like

still american jet with mostly american weaponry

Point??
There is 0 need for F-14 in USSR tree, nor any logical reason to add one unless Gaijin some day decides to add Iranian subtree there.

Every tree that needs a subtree already has one except Japan and Israel.

1 Like