Get the Boxer MGS in the Mobile Sniper Event!

I think we should see here that the rear module is completely replaced, most likely they adjusted the rear module to fit the weight limit

The drive module and the “mission module” are completely separate parts, intended so that they can be quickly swapped out as needed. The MGS missions module would be too heavy for an A2.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That’s possible, but when they first revealed the vehicle in 2020, they had a hard time putting much power into the vehicle due to COVID-19.

If remove all the equipment for the 8 crew from the existing rear module and install the equipment for the turret and ammunition, it is possible to install it within the weight limit, in which case the in-game weight should be reduced.

DSEI 2017 showcasing the A3 Boxer for UK acquirement, stating it accounts for higher vehicle gross weight.

They mention the ability to mount the RCH 155, so story checks out.

I don’t know where you heard that, but you don’t know anything about it. Also, can you take responsibility for this?

The problem then is the weight of the turret. I have some primary documents on the Cockerill turrets but none mention the weight. Even then, it would be very close to the limit. I suspect that the MGS was a way of demonstrating the improvements brought to the A3 standard as the MGS module was the largest ever mounted on a Boxer up to that point besides the RCH which was from 2016 and probably a mockup at that stage.

might have been mistaken, sth weird heared from 4chan
you might have noticed how i deleted it in less then a minute since i realised 4chan might not be the best source

Found an image on the AMAP behind the front two wheels which is very clear on where it is.

1 Like

Isn’t that already on the armour model?

Right now, from the looks of it, 2009-2011 A1, 2012-2014 A2, 2014-Present A3 is what it looks like if we consider the RCH 155’s development timeline.

Modeled, sort of. Correctly? No, we’re missing plates on the back wheels and the plates aren’t modeled as AMAP. And the AMAP on the upper hull is considered “composite” when it should be Aluminum-Ceramic-Vinylester sandwich, then sandwiched between aluminum plates to hold it together.

It would need an effectiveness from 360 degrees against 43mm of penetration at 200mm, which it doesn’t protect against even 50cals at the moment.

I still don’t like how this drivers port is modeled. The fact you can shoot the gunner through the drivers port with a machine gun is, cool I guess. :)

Yea it is, 8mm steel

Almost two weeks, still no response on protection level. Don’t want to acknowledge valid sources, I guess.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/fZWg771UHZA9

3 Likes

Both vehicles got nerfed due to common base?

Vilkas — engine power has been reduced from 815 HP to 720 HP

1 Like

While I agree with the above, we still get the same amount of vehicles as before. it used to be 3 vehicles at once every 3 months, now we roughly get one vehicle at a time each month. They aren’t making any more event vehicles per year than they used to before the new cycle; on the contrary, the old cycle used to have 4, and at the very beginning even 6 vehicles per 3 months.

Idk how people still think it’s more events than they used to do, it’s the same amount, just stretched out over 3 months instead of trying to achieve 3 vehicles in just 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Turret crew are still in the same spot, stanag 4 protection not even acknowledged, missing amap plates on the back wheels, no spall liner today, holes in model, stanag level 5 turret is stanag level 1.5 lolgaijin armor, labeled not a bug for the specific reason : “It’s up to an azimuth of 30 degrees.”, linking to another post that is entirelly irrelevant.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/7n1D27UbvKRK

Still waiting for a reply on the mission and drive module being protected correctly.

Stanag level 5 at 30 degrees from centerline, definitely. Yeah just go look at this post without actually LOOKING AT THE SCREENSHOT. ITS NOT STANAG LEVEL 5 STILL.

Also this Boxer MGS incorrect engine

It’s funny to watch how the developer placed the ammunition rack in the infantry compartment, at least sometimes use logic and don’t just scatter shells everywhere

Im loving this thing, with just dm33 unlocked, i got a nuke, and a gun kill with the nuke jaguar lmao

I ❤️ Go Karts with guns

1 Like