Get the AMV (BMP-3) in the Desert Predator Event!

Hopefully, and I think I’m asking too much for a good vehicle, this is a post-2004 turret with improved anti-tank guided missile loading mechanism, a way better improvement compared to the 1987-model we currently have in-game for the BMP-3 platform. If the intention was to add a UAE vehicle, which I doubt, it’s a Patria (platform currently in-game) with a Bakhcha-U turret (turret that also is present on the BMD-4M2); the tech demonstrator combining a improved BMP-3 chassis with better protection and a DVK-30 remote turret could’ve been considered instead because this would be a much more interesting vehicle in comparison to this Frankeinstein Monster you guys pulled out of the oven when compared to the F-16XL:

But I can’t be complaining too much. Thank God, Gaijin lords allowed our poor souls to only 35,000 points per star on this—mediocre—vehicle, I have no doubt that someone will prove me wrong that it has a different commander sight model, or ammo options, maybe, but regardless at the end of the day is a Patria with a Bakhcha-U turret, and even given that Bakhcha-U is a heavy improvement and even we didn’t see a faster ATGM loading mechanism in the BMD-4M2, I heavily doubt, to a point that I can’t see, this one won’t be different and will be stuck with the >10-seconds to load the ATGM. The Patria AMV (Bakhcha) seems to be a interesting event vehicle, Sweden was needing but I wasn’t expecting this to be a UAE vehicle from Finland to Sweden, it’s too much steps when you could’ve worked on the UDES-XX 20 instead that would be a reason for you guys to work on improving trailers and alikes.

image

Although the chances are low to an actual à la Object 292 type of content that bring something unique, in that case the first of a handful of prototypes for a 152-mm main battle tank during the late-Cold War, I still hope that the developers will notice, they probably do, and add actually cool ground event vehicles, but I guess they won’t. Hopefully this scraping the bottom of the barrel will end either because of communitys’ feedback or you guys runs out of copy the asset from one vehicle and but in another.

2 Likes

TAM was designed and built by Rheinstahl AG / sub-division; Henschel Wehrtechnik, later (post aqusition/merge in 1976) Thyssen Henschel (later under license by TAMSE).
All other equipment used was also developed and deliviered (or built under license by argentina) by german companies;
MTU (engine), RENK (transmission) , ZEISS (optics and fire control systems), FMW (Gun-Drives), Rheinmetall [Rh 105-30 upgrade kit for 105mm cannons + entire guns for initial production-runs], Diehl (Tracks) and a couple others…

Thus the addition to germany certainly makes sense in many ways, even if upgraded versions like TAM 2C and 2IP are arguable.

I meant that lately Gaijin has been adding either wheeled vehicles or some kind of autocannon carriers (including tracked ones) to events. To be honest, it’s getting really tiring to deal with this.

It looks to me like the 2k23, it also have the old gunner’s sight with the PPN-D, maybe they add the sodema as a modification like on the bmp3

Why would it?
Snail would treat is most likely like rest of indirect fire platforms in game.
It would be sweet to get it like BF4 himars type aiming tho as secondary fire tactic.

MBTs are always going to be the most popular vehicles at top tier, since they are always at the core of most lineups.

Whats the most popular vehicle type at top tier doesnt mean most / all events need to be shaped to match that. Otherwise events would be nothing except top tier MBTs and top tier fighter jets.

Whats popular at top tier =/= whats popular or works best for events always. Of course we have MBT event rewards too. There is no doubt there.

The Scimitar and EFV on your list here are not even wheeled vehicles. Autocannons only make up the majority when you include those. So we seem to be moving the goalposts here firstly from wheeled vehicles being your core issue to now light tanks and anything with an autocannon too?

2 Likes

Its indeed cope. No such plans.

1 Like

It’s a low velocity morter with limited anti tank capabilities with a pretty horrible minimum range too. I don’t see a chance it’s actually added in any way 🤷‍♀️

I unfortunately did figure maybe someday

Yeah 150m is quite horrible minimum range.
You know it can be used as direct fire also.

Light tank, wheeled and with an autocanon.
Not really what one hoped for. Actually it look pretty useless.

Whatever you say. Always complaining about new and unique vehicles.
And the vehicle is quite requested within the Finnish/Swede community lmao it’s not a random vehicle.

1 Like

Well, it seems to be very cool vehicle. if it was a premium one tho (still event but premium) would be super cool to finally finish the swedish tree

Too high of br/rank for that

Maybe with the strix round (or the mat 120 if we eventually get cluster munitions)it could be interesting, with just he it would be a bit underwhelming unless they have some rounds with a relatively good yeild.
Still the AMV a good vehicle for an event, after all it is unique and not a copy and paste

Yeah all these recent events have been wheeled! Of course if you ignore the Scimitar Mk.2, KV-8, T-72B3 Arena, T-34-85 Partisan, the EFV, T86, Shir 2, KV-7, T-80UD/BE, PLZ83-130 and Object 292 that has come after the Vilkas and before this Patria. 4-5~ wheeled vehicles and 11 tracked vehicles since Winter 2023, god they’re obsessed with them!

+also the ELC901, WZ-141-1, T-44 (PM), French M46, Sholef, Kungstiger, M551 (76) that’re tracked Battle Pass vehicles. I think the only wheeled battle pass vehicle we got is the current Fiat. That makes 6(?) wheeled vehicles and 18 tracked vehicles from events if you count battle passes. I don’t see this hyperfixation with wheeled vehicles.

I think wheels and tracks are cool but planes moreso

Unique?!? There are like a gazillion vehicles exactly like that one in the game already.
It’s starting to feel as though every time Gaijin needs to come up with something in a hurry, they just pull yet another stupid light vehicle with an autocannon out of the hat.

I just want a tank with a real canon.

I think the BR will make or break this thing. The chassis is very tall which makes it a pretty easy target.(the hull/chassis exists in game)

Do we have a BR for this yet?

I quite like 8 wheel platforms, so I will probably get this. Cool vehicle