Get HMS Barham in the Steel Baron Event!

As has been noted no, it doesn’t.

And the x1.9 modifier for being Naval makes it a great deal easier than any of the others!!

2 Likes

One little thing you can do to boost if you are using low tier Bluewater ships and have completed (or almost) the Coastal tree, is to include a Tier V coastal boat, and use that at some time during the game. Or even T IV if you have only gotten that far.

I often use mine first to cap early, or last (or at least towards the end!) to cap later. I’ll even sometimes blow up a perfectly good blue-water ship to bring it - especially to bring it 2nd, then blow it up and bring a backup for that blue-water ship.

That last scenario is common when it’s a really good game, to maximize the score for the event. Not worth the cost for a bad game tho’.

Warspite is by far the most famous and she earned her rep mostly in her ww2 configuration.

like I said…

And in fact Warspite’s gunnery doesn’t get a mention in the top ships for the RN at Jutland at all - that goes to: https://www.jutland1916.com/tactics-and-technologies-4/gunnery-performance/

In contrast some of the best shooting ships were the Invincible , the Inflexible , the Barham , the Valiant and Jellicoe’s flagship, the Iron Duke .

What she was famous for at Jutland was getting her steering damaged and doing 2 complete circles to get it fixed, taking her toward the German fleet and becoming the center of attention and suffering about 15 gunshot hits!

So perhaps the most efficient target?? ;)

1 Like

Yeah that was pretty funny story (now) but must have been terrifying at the time

Just waiting for her to be one tapped by everything with ease though in WT

Yeah I was testing her on the protection viewer and the Russian ap and scharnhorst ap can detonate her at practicly any angle. God I hope the naval protection viewer is broken

2 Likes

Is this event getting an extension for the time the game is unavailable during the update??

Ech…It’s a nice boat but this grind is too brutal. Only three stages in and already it feels like a floor job at the amazon fulfillment plant. The F-14 grind was brutal but queued at a brisk pace. However this is just a slog. Naval events should be absolute 35K max to account for the glacial queue times.

I find battleships are not the most efficient vessels to use. Personally light and heavy cruisers around 5.7 or 6.0 seem the sweet spot and I knock the star over pretty quickly. Alternatively if your a player of coastal my mate smashes the stars out even faster in those then I do in cruisers.

4 Likes

3 Likes

With a 1.9 modifier for everything it’s pretty hard to see how this is “glacial”??

1 Like

i dont get it either, naval stars are by far the easiest. with the right vehicles its a 17k (ish) ‘‘grind’’
throw your choosing of 4.7 DDs in a lineup (add tier a tier III+ plane/speedboat if necessary) and make it rain

4 Likes

If you don’t turn on ‘join active battles’ i think the wait times can be pretty rough but it doesn’t take me that much. I wasn’t planning on grinding this event but changed my mind because I want the profile icon more than the ship, and I realised i had done all the challenges but one without even actively having to grind.

1 Like

Barham so soft…

May e it will take a few days for people to get use to seeing her but so far she’s been a beast

1 Like

the crew melts like ice cream in the summer heat

I’ll keep an eye on it but so far it’s been quite tanky. Have you got the crew protection upgrades yet?

not yet, i’ve only played three fights

Shrapnel protection might help as well as the firefighting etc.