Get HMS Barham in the Steel Baron Event!

So far we’ve had 3 planes (Yak-3(e), Jaguar IS, Iran F-14) , 3 tanks (AVRE Petard, Type 292, PZL83-130), and 2 naval (Alcione and now Baden) haven’t we?

So this event doesn’t bring naval up to the same number as the other 2 (at 3 each), which would be the case if it was 1/1/1?

2 Likes

Can you link the mission please if possible thanks…

I’d rather they not do that considering there’s only two Nagatos and there’s like five Queen Elizabeths. Besides the Kongous, Japan only ever had like two of any major capital ship class. The UK can spare a battleship for an event, Japan cannot.

1 Like

I would really prefer they keep the Nagato for tech tree. Japan doesn’t have that many battleships all things considered, and the Nagato would be the only option for a modernized Nagato-class.

Besides, Japanese top tier naval is literally one of the best lineups in the game. In sheer amount of ships Japan 7.0 has as many ships as America and Germany combined, and the Ise, Fuso, and Mutsu are really good to boot.

If anything, Britain needs ships the most, as right now despite being a major nation and naval power Britain only has 2 top tier options, of which 1 is event. While personally I’d prefer they add a tech tree QE, I cannot really say that Japan should get yet another top tier battleship, much less an event ship.

Oh my bad, I forgot the Marlborough was 6.7. Also, for some reason I thought the Orion was 6.3 lol

1 Like

Tanks: Obj 292, Churchill AVRE, PLZ83-13
Air: Jaguar IS, Yak-3(e), F-14A IRIAF
Naval: SMS Baden, Alcione, and now HMS Bahram.
Naval isnt uneven for events anymore after this one and hopefully they fix the order cause it went
Ground-Air-Naval-Ground-Air-Ground-Naval-Air-Naval instead of how the cycle was supposed to be of Ground-Air-Naval and then repeat. At least they will be 1:1:1 once this one launches

1 Like

The thing is… colours can still be reflected off of any clothing, and also it is part of the entire artistic style so that the portrait blends realistically with the background… otherwise the portrait can feel out of place

2 Likes

Imo the portrait is one of the better ones, although it won’t make me switch off of Lock.

My point was primarily: Why steal from the poor whilst the rich get richer?

In this case the UK is very poor but not flat out broke like France, but Germany, Japan and Russia are drowning in ‘money’ (top tier ships).

Whilst I don’t think you’re actually ‘stealing’ from the UK, I just don’t understand why one would complain the UK is getting something at all, I’d more agree if you complained that France wasn’t getting something if that makes sense.

Got to wonder why they choose this ship out of hte 5 available, this particular one mostly being famous for there being a film of it sinking… and then ban showing the film…

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

If I recall she was the most successful at Jutland having the best accuracy and hits.

She also never got upgraded due to being sunk so she makes the most sense to represent QE class in ww1 configuration when she dhad her finest moment.

I believe she was partially upgraded, not to the degree of Warspite but evident in the smoke stack reconfiguration.

2 Likes

yeah she got a mid war upgrade but never the full upgrade of the others how we picture the QE class

I think I’m SOL on this one, because the current stage of the event requires, what, V Rank vehicles? I don’t have them, and at this rate, I won’t be able to acquire them.

I’ll still partake in this event, though. It’s another incentive to keep playing, and perhaps also an excuse to work on my British tech-trees.

Can be done with any rank vehicle, but Rank 1 to 4 gives 0.9x multiplier to rewards, Rank 5 is 1x and rank 6 is 1.2x

1 Like

@Gross1985
Normal vehicles must be Rank 3+, can only use Rank 1-2 if they are event vehicles:
Battle pass vehicles count as event vehicles too fwiw. 👇

1 Like

Ah… I always ignore that bit. Doesnt take long to get to rank 3 though

2 Likes

I actually mistook this for that one other event which earns you an avatar. Sorry. ^^;

1 Like

“We” don’t all view the QE class in WW2 configuration - for me they are classic at WW1 configuration and W2 is when they were obsolete.

Any of them in WW1 config is iconic. All of them in WW2 config are sad old girls.

And getting the highest proportion of hits at Jutland is NOT what this ship is famous for!