Get HMS Barham in the Steel Baron Event!

You should try Z32 (largest guns fitted to a destroyer) and Z46/47 (very good all rounder, even has splinter protection)

1 Like

Replay or it didn’t happen.

Spoiler

I fired over 400 shells on it with instant reload trigger in a user mission and there wasn’t even a single shell that hit the magazine directly. The magazine only received damage from fire spread from the turret and ammo elevator.

4 Likes

Well… I’ll have 2 weeks of non-stop grinding to gather clips and issues. I guess i’ll just have to wait and see how long it takes to get destroyed in the Renown

Yeah, in case 1 of 10 Naval players actually brings out a plane and there is no other ship with AA in 10 km radius.

1 Like

USS Pennsylvania event next gaijin?

1 Like

Maybe it’s not direct, but a fire could cause the magazine to detonate.

If you really mean it, then easiest way is to get Japanese destroyer from 3 wins in War Thunder mobile, or longer way Japanese squadron destroyer (I don’t think you can make that one in time for event, but you can play whatever you want to get it at least).

I like ships that don’t get torpedoed…

Nah, j/k this is fine. Nice to see them sticking to the promise of 1/3 of the single-vehicle events being naval so far (this is 3 out of 9 this year).

2 Likes

I think you are one of the most dedicated and active Naval players I’ve seen! Also quite knowledgeable about the real life aspects as well, I have been noticing for some years now.

1 Like

first queen elizabeth and its an event vehicle this is renown all over again

2 Likes

Is this the ww1 iteration or the refit from the 1930s

1916 version

Absolutely terrible decision on gaijins part another ship with no anti air and poor deck armour no torpedo bulges etc 😂

We’ll have to wait and see. But 2/3 7.0 ships for Britain being locked behind events is a real shame

3 Likes

I played Renown last weekend in EC and it kinda wrecked. Only two deaths in it, but 15 kills and a grip of assists. Was very tanky.

Please do not post video with HMS Barham explodes.
Yes, it’s historical, yes it’s 83 years old, but still you can cleary see the crew on it second before explosion. We do not want to have such videos on our forum.
Thank you for your understanding.

8 Likes

The ship appears to be in the condition it was when it was commissioned in 1915. We have acquired an old lady who is still young.

I’ll have to give it a go and see. Just found personally that the protection is middling at best and whilst the 15 inch guns can do a lot of damage, only 6 shells per salvo with the 30 second reload and massive shell dispersal means that hits are more based on luck than skill.

Are we still getting a dev blog today?

I was hoping for an event where they would feature the IJN Nagato class as a ship event, but once again, I’m disappointed by how powerless the Japanese naval fleet is against nations like Germany and the USA.