Get HMS Barham in the Steel Baron Event!

So less armour than a ship i reliably and easily one shot?

Time for a rest folks,naval event is not my thing.

I’m happy for those british naval enjoyer but did they need any top tier bluewater? I don’t think. What about other trees?

7.0 ships :

US: 3
GE: 4
RU: 3
UK: 2
JA: 6
IT: 1
FR: 0

Idk what to say, it will still be one of the most armoured ships in the game.

Belt armour isnt the whole picture though. Iirc she has pretty good design and compartmentalisation

We’ll just have to wait and see. Last event ship, HMS Renown, still has the wrong draft and can be fairly easily one shotted by most heavy cruisers. Just leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth thats all.

And considering that this will mean that we’ll have more event 7.0 BBs than we will in our TT is also rather large shame

5 Likes

Warspite was in the leak, so it could be coming as a TT alternative next patch

I hope so. We rather badly need it

3 Likes

If only it was an old type of event, I would go for this vessel. :/

Could we get a more refined avatar please?
cardicon_arthur_waller_512_1f6970b5ef4c702cd09011e90f772b35
Putting aside the flag and the colors bleeding it looks like his head was pasted over another, theres also a blotch of red on his left collar.

2 Likes

Despite draft issue hasn’t been fixed, you’re severely outdated with information because in the latest DM diving shell distance had been significantly reduced, and rn Renown is a fairly survivable ship at 7.0, much like the Alaska which also enjoy the favour of diving shell nerf. In addition to this, she has an additional 51mm armour deck below the main 102mm armour deck over magazine, which can stop fragments from shells penetrating the barbette (Scharnhorst: that hurts)

Naval DM changes significantly in each major update, and much of them aren’t even mentioned in the changelog, meanwhile the majority of community is very sluggish in updating their understanding of the meta.

3 Likes

Last time I tried to play renown I got also immediately destroyed by a USS DesMoines and even though I know where to aim to oneshot one of those, none of my shells would land where I aimed them because it was too far away.

But I’ll have 2 weeks of painful grinding to get a feel for any changes. Only way I can survive it is by playing a mix of different ships

ive got rank II naval, just gonna be a lot of pain

Sooo I have so pick up naval for this goofy decal. Alrighty :/

4 Likes

You have no idea.
Better start grinding hard to unlock Tier III and buffing crews because when the events start, you are going to get shut out by bots and sweaty naval mains.

Brit destroyers ar emy go to. Most fun for me. France and Italy also pretty good but I’ll stay away from the Germans.

Sometimes they can be fun, others they can be a bit annoying. Light cruisers are my usual go to and I’m hoping we might actually get some more light cruisers when they run out of battle of Jutland era dreadnoughts to add and add ships like HMS Fiji or HMCS Ontario.

I hope HMS Barham sells at least half as well as the Iranian F-14A did hahahah

I gave up on the F-14 grind because I had less days to get the coupon and I am not much of an air player anyway; but I am confident I can get HMS Barham’s coupon.

hell yes you are.