Germany or ussr

Between germany and ussr, is it a good idea to move from the soviets to the germans?
I love light vehicles an i had noticed that there weren’t many light vehicles on the siviet side, but found the opposite with the germans, so I’m here asking if it is a good idea to change nations. just tj clarify, i spaded every nation up to tier 3 or 4, soooo yeah, im here also asking about the furture of those 2 nations.

Sorry for the shit english and thanks for the help!

Do the big 3 Germany ,Russia and USA ,then maybe Sweden ,Italy and France.Then China ,Japan and Israel.

America is fun for lighter more mobile tanks.

I’m finishing up my grind for both the USSR and Germany. Both have fun tanks to play tier 3 and you cant really go wrong with ether one. The USSR has some fun light tanks down the road like the bmp2 and the germans have the best rat tank the Wiesel 7.3 and 9.7.

You can always squad up and do the bmp-2m which is a lot of fun to play.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip!

Don’t grind the big three (unpopular opinion).

Why? Because at some point they become boring, this is what I’m felling after grinded almost all Soviet vehicles except by 3 on Top Tier and few others folded that was added with the time.

You really should pick some minor nation you never experienced.

Taking Japan, China and Italy as example, they are not populated as Germany or USSR but they got interesting vehicles like the Italian VCC-80/60 a 60mm auto cannon, the Chinese M41D just a modernized M41 Walker Bulldog with APFSDS or the WZ305, ZSU-57-2 but usable as AA or the Type 87 RCV, Japanese 6x6 boy with good ammunition.

Everyone but Britain :D

Shows how poor a state we are in currently :D

I would disagree you need to do the big 3 to appreciate the smaller nations for what they are otherwise you are going to have a hard time getting into the game.

UK,Italy,France,China etc are like a hard setting compared to a normal setting which the big 3 are.You only have shot for UK and France no APHE for a start.Low BR for the lesser nations is very painful.A newbie is more likely to walk away completely.

1 Like

What are you looking for?

What is your prefered playstyle? Do you like to be aggresive, or do you prefer to be more defensive?

Are you only interested in ground or are you also interested in planes/helis?

As a British German armour fanboy I had a culture shock when I tried playing my home nation : )

Tin foil armoured cannon fodder firing potatoes.No MG on the roof and no reverse speed to undo my many glaring tactical errors : )

It’s a brave fellow who starts the game playing the UK.

Yeah… Thankfully the spitfires are very good for a Brit wanting to play aircraft more than tanks :D

1 Like

The Spit is a saving grace in this game for sure.The vast array of top notch Air Premiums also takes the pain out of GRB. Great CAS in WW2 levels.

Yeah… Though grinding the british ground tree has made me never want to grind another ground tree ever again.

1 Like

UK in general is just a joke, France otherwise, has decent specific BRs, 7.7 as example, I got a very fun time playing Surbiassé, Lorraine 40t and others, maybe 9.3, I like the stabilized AMX-30, specifically the Super, as it’s not a French modification.

1 Like

Yep it certainly is lol I take it you have visited : )

Seriously I love paying France ,It’s hard but it forces you to concentrate.
In the mid tier you need to place your shots and watch your positioning .

WW2 UK is difficult. Made really hard by Gaijin destroying its own maps and getting rid of flanking space and cover.You need to play UK using similar tactics to those used in reality and that is too much for many who just want to pound the W.

Sorry for the late answer, but yes, i love to play insanely aggressive, light tanks and mediums, tons of flanking and pushes, wonder what nation will be the best at this

Im not really well versed into cas and never had any helis, but if it is good, I’ll take it

Italy

Aren´t they pretty garbage at top tier? the win rates are good, but i dont think the vehicles are the thing that makes them have those kinds of winrates

Italy fits your player style, but if you only care about win rates and top tier, well I can’t help you in that way.

I went from Germany, to partially Russia, and have found Russia to be quite annoying. The lack of gun depression is so bad.
But, it all kinda depends where you want to play, up until like 8.0, Germany is all heavy. Until like 10.0, we really only get IFVs and light tanks. But the tanks are awesome, sights are good, mobility and firepower rock. The AA I would say is somewhat lacking compared to Russia. You don’t get 50 cals which can suck at times. Top tier really shines with Germany, the 2A7V, Vilkas, PSO, 2A6, FlaRakRad, Mig29G are amazing vehicles. The other air vehicles are pretty downbad right now, the only useable ones being (MAYBE) Assta 1 and Mig29G.

its not that i care about winrates, but the fear of going all the way to top tier and everything will be just garbage, and before u ask, yes, im going f2p.
but nevertheless, thanks for the help!