German mig-23bn flares

It seems that the MiG-23BN used in some areas, such as India, had C/F dispensers.

Either way, the East German MiG-23BN will be impossible to get CM unless Gaijin bends its historical stance on that vehicle.

well they might, the F5C never had flares but it COULD mount them so they gave it flares.

usually i dont worry too much unless the ‘enemies in blue’ are actively trying to steal bases from me. otherwise i have a trick that allows me to drop while being like 10 km from the enemy bases. as for waiting, ive done my fair share of that and honestly cant wait every match.

Yup, just like how the new F-16 is getting sparrows it never used(since the 120 isn’t ready yet and probably won’t come till the December patch.)

Or how the PUMA has to use a broken AHEAD round instead of just giving it an unhistorical solution like HE-VT till they fix it.

Work around are fine…for the US.

1 Like

According to available information, the countermeasure was not part of the standard delivery to the MiG-23 BN battle variant.
As an additional, additional item, but it was possible to reorder them.
The MiG-23 was built as a modular thing, so this was also taken into account.

According to the available statements of the pilots of the time (CZ pilots), they never saw countermeasures mounted on the BN version, but apparently there were some pieces in the warehouses, in limited numbers…
According to their information obtained during their military service, the versions of the BN that were deployed only in Afghanistan had countermeasures mounted.
It was also possible to install 2 R-3S/13M short-range missiles on the BN version, but it was definitely not standard and no training was conducted on the use of these missiles.
These missiles, for the BN type, were strictly marked in military training - only in case of war, intended exclusively for self-defense -

So only battle training and as a pearl, among the pilots of that time there was an opinion that in the case of a sharp use of a nuclear bomb, it would most likely mean a one-way flight for them and their plane…

Fortunately, such an order never came …

2 Likes