General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

No way :D

Looks like Russia so most likely captured from the Ukrainians or Insert Militant Islamist group here. Which is interesting since that is not the first time the Russians captured, let alone used Japanese Utes. Soviet Spetsnaz troops used Japanese built pickup trucks during the Soviet Afghan war

1 Like

Just a small detail, but Type 87 have new, detailed engine :

Spoiler

Type 74s are unchanged.

Edit: Btw. just noticed that Type 74 have no radiator module - whole unit counts as engine.

7 Likes

No way the passenger survived in that NP300 hardbody they must of thought he was the driver

1 Like

Except the Type 90 for some odd reason

4 Likes

Of course. They always come up with some BS excuse for why something Japanese is held to a different standard.

6 Likes

Actually with that new standard I’m going to submit a new report on it, since we have the FOV angles of the thermal imaging device. (Nvm a report was submitted 4 months ago yet it was passed by Bowie saying the magnification should be 10x-12x)

1 Like

Russia where they showed off captured equipment from Ukraine. Funny to display the Nissan and Mitsubishi*.

3 Likes

https://x.com/PANZER_argonaut/status/1803995886378168633

12 Likes

Dozf9iDUYAAFehL

10 Likes

b9995811

16 Likes

Are these new images?

No, they are from a few years ago.
But they included english explanations so i posted them.

1 Like

The only thing I don’t understand is why they cancel the ATGM? According to Japan MOD this will replaced type 89 and type 87, but it seem like lack of anti-armour capability.

1 Like

type 01 its a missile that seems more than capable

I think he’s talking about why the CTWV doesn’t have an ATGM

ah yeah idk why not atgm tbh that sucks

This thing won’t replace Type 89.
Firstly it is wheeled IFV what will be added to support groups armed with Type 16
Type 87 probably will be replaced by RCV version but it is not stated now
Type 89 will be replaced with new truck IFV by Mitsubishi, also the same hull will replace Type 73. So new truck IFV will use the same turret as Type 89
The only question - why they don’t add ATGM for that. This question also is increased by that Type 79 will be removed by JSDF.
Probably they will use Type 01, or MMPM but it is not stated now

2 Likes

After reading some procurement documents from Japan MOD, I not sure the track IFV project cancelled or not because the latest news about it is before the pandemic

3 Likes

Slightly off-topic.

Me seeing a foreigner given jeitei uniforms and equipment included a type 89 and even got to train with the SDF members.
Smiling-Mask-Crying-Man-meme-7

2 Likes