General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

Also, it is worth mentioning the same Beck Museum Ro-Ke was offered to the Japanese organization I wrote about above, but they refused due to already having preparations for the bulldozer Ha-Go restoration. So perhaps it will be considered for the future.
ro-ke2

3 Likes

ah, it’s great to know they are at least considering it!

I dont know where to post this but I would just like to revive interest on the old proposal for the Kayaba Ka-1 Autogyro developed by Kayaba industry and was extensively used by the Imperial Japanese Army for the ASW/Armed Recon roles.

Original Proposal: Kayaba O-1 - Passed for Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Its armed with 2x 60kg bombs or 2x depth charges and was produced since 1941 but the prototype was built since 1939. Quite a lot of them were also built, with ~98 units estimated that were built. This wouldnt be the best for CAS but its got the meme potential and a fun CAS to have. Even if it was unlockable by Rank 4, the BR could be set to fight battles in like Rank 2 or something.

It was passed for consideration but its no longer in the Passed for Consideration list for Japanese Helis. If one could make an updated proposal for this so that it might actually happen, please do; anyways heres more pictures.

Here’s a video I found on the testing of its prototype the Kayaba Ka-Go.

6 Likes

They would be best at 1.0, with unlocking rank II being required to research them. This will keep them separate from the rest of the helicopter tree because, quite frankly, they would be utter crap aside from the meme factor.

2 Likes

https://scontent.fbma6-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/437858346_122168969480017685_7767283930181761571_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5f2048&_nc_ohc=mL2DkL0-XxwAb5FFHfz&_nc_ht=scontent.fbma6-1.fna&oh=00_AfAr_zHHnrFrF3CJhSaFByWIbXeDmThwCt16TaKf4Dj3QQ&oe=6627462C

7 Likes

All i see is a bunch of american prisoners lol

1 Like

German prisoners*

The vehicle behind is the M41German Tank Improvement (GTI) evaluated in Thailand.

Am I the only one who noticed this? The composite armor on the right side is not fully modeled to match the armor cover like on the left side.

10 Likes

It should be little thicker to match the gunner side wall same as on commander side.

1 Like

If necessary, I can write suggestions today

I just remembered I actually did report it two years ago, but of course, a reliable source is required, even though this whole turret armor is already created with the developers’ imagination in the first place.
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/JlJWu5LEKxuM

New Type 74G/ Kai model by HJM for pre-order.

https://twitter.com/HJ80831183/status/1781136253083066468

10 Likes

Man i wish 🤣

5 Likes

Mitsubishi made 468 bricks for Type 74, just need to know their performance and how they would be installed on the tank 🤔

10 Likes

There’s been confusion over what the Type 4 Ke-Nu actually is. Despite what Wikipedia says, it was not a conversion of the Ha-Go to fit a Chi-Ha turret. It was an unknown turret modification of the Type 2 Ke-To. Interestingly, the below intelligence report also repeats the erroneous information but actually shows what looks to be a Type 5 Ke-Ho

7 Likes

Gaijin always seems to have a problem with strong Japanese lineups. With the Type 81 currently at 11.0, Japan’s lineup at that BR is incredibly competitive. You have three 11.0 MBTs, plus an additional one if you have the premium Type 90. On top of that, you have the Type 81 for AA role. But now, Type 81 will pushing everything to 11.3, meaning you won’t face 10.0 opponents if you have the Type 81 in your lineup. It’s reminiscent of how they ruined the 8.7 and 9.0 lineups.
Skärmbild 2024-04-20 020240
Friendly reminder this thing doesn’t even get a radar.

Pushing it to 11.7 would make more sense at this point, given the lack of other vehicles at 11.3. Placing it there seems unnecessary, especially since nobody would choose to play it as a standalone vehicle rather than including it in a Type 10 lineup.

9 Likes

Panstir is still MILES better than it; hell, most other SPAAs are also more competitive for their BRs with (usually) better thermals, radar, longer-range missiles that can actually deal with helicopters, and usually have better sights too. I get moving it up from 10.0 to 11.0, but from 11.0 to 11.3, what a way to ruin one of the few amazing lineups Japan had.

8 Likes

With no guns, radar, and requiring a lock-on to fire missiles, it’s hard to justify placing this vehicle just 0.4 BR lower than the TOR-M1 or Pantsir S1.
So now what, get back to the Type 93 and pulling it to 11.0 trying to stay relevant against 12.0 aircraft, as Gaijin seems to consider that more balanced apparently.

10 Likes

Did anyone in feedback even suggest pushing it up or did snail initially leave it out so that nobody would talk about it?

4 Likes

Probably the latter. It’s par for the course on how they shuffle braindead decisions through without any possibility of an uproar causing them to back off on it.

5 Likes