General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

They can still add Thailand to Japan, just not with the VT-4. Have the Oplot as the top rank vehicle for them instead, which is still unique and it’d be a good way to add it to the game, since adding it to the Russian tree would obviously be a no-no.

I do think it’s kinda funny though, considering how barebones the Chinese tree would be without foreign vehicles. Guess they don’t want that M1A2 that they could be in line to receive.

8 Likes

VT-4 should absolutely be in any Thailand subtree, given they use it and there’s a better variant already ingame for CN players.

If CN players want to say JPN tree shouldn’t get it due to past history, perhaps all American vehicles and those from any other nation they fought against, especially Taiwan, should be retracted from the CN subtree?

5 Likes

In my opinion, VT-4 is a nice to have, but, if not, it’s okay. After all, there other vehicles that can fill its role as the high tier MBT, such as T-84 Oplot.

3 Likes

Good question, but as the world’s most powerful modern army after the collapse of the Soviet Union, there are many vehicles that can be added to the Chinese tech tree. If VT4 and these foreign trade vehicles are also counted, a complete Chinese technology tree is enough to satisfy every player who likes Chinese vehicles

Of course they didn’t, they willingly exported it to Taiwan, however they would probably have an issue if it was given to the PRC, which is not exactly a US ally.

Sure, that makes sense, but those aren’t between China and Thailand.

So just as the US has to accept that the export of their tank to an allied nation can lead to another not so allied nation receiving it in a video game, the same would be possible here.
Remember, the M1A2T is still a Taiwanese, not PRC, tank, so US players are fine with it. Same here, VT-4 is not Japanese, but Thai.
It’s a tank operated by Thailand, that will have Thai crew and Thai markings, strenghthening the video game lineups of a nation rather close to Thailand.
And that’s the point, lineups. You can only use a Thai or Japanese tank at a time, not both at once. And others in your team might as well be Chinese or Russian, because teams are mixed.

I’d still be perfectly fine without the VT-4, but I don’t think that the whole controversy over it is justified.
As long as it get’s Thai crew, flag and camo it should be fine. Though maybe disabling Japanese decals on it might be a good idea.

7 Likes

That is because it is not supposed to firing live missiles, it is only made for training simulation.

You can also see what i believe is a laser emitter attached above the sigth and the launcher is sealed.

So since it is not going to fire any real missile the weapon is simply straped with ropes rather than premanently mounted onto the vehicle. It is no different to other VISMOD vehicles.

2 Likes

Your mistake is that the Chinese tech tree is China and not the PRC tech tree or the ROC tech tree, their relationship is more like the relationship between the Soviet Union and Russia, but the ROC survived because of US intervention. So if it’s the China tech tree, he can get ROC’s vehicle. If the Japanese Tech Tree can be renamed to the WWII Southeast Asian Axis Tech Tree, then Thailand’s VT4 may have a reason to join.

Let’s not dwell in politics and bitterly, shall we? We are here to discuss Thai and Japanese Ground Vehicles, are we not? Thus, let’s move forward into the matter of machinery rather than rivalry. After all, tanks are cool.

5 Likes

I’m looking forward to the Ukrainian vehicle, the question is which subsystem he should join, maybe before I can see the Thai T84 first

God… it is so based
There is no the same relationship here

As you have said.
It’s a tank operated by Thailand, that will have Thai crew and Thai markings, strenghthening the video game lineups of a nation rather close to Thailand.
So i dont know why people are so stubborn

7 Likes

I’d compare them more to West and East Germany, in that they are separately operating countries with vastly different political orientations, yet are technically still both China (like Germany) and to some extent desire unification. They were also both split in their ties to the western/eastern countries (US/USSR).

I’m not debating that at all, just in case it seemed that way.

I do think that this is probably Gaijins plan, similar to Italy being the combined “minor” axis nations of Europe with Hungary and Romania already in game.
Something along the lines of a more officially combined tree would be a decent Idea. I do really like the way a split Thai/Japanese flag could look.

5 Likes

Could always go with “Blue Dragon” for Japan/its modern allies, and include SK without being controversial as TT’s no longer named Japanese

And go with “Red Dragon” for China and its allies, NK included. I know they certainly have some interesting tanks, main cannon/atgm/sam launcher might be a bit much to handle in one vehicle lol

3 Likes

There is two things of note here

Firstly the proposed alliance is not called “Blue Dragon”, that name was made up by Wargaming Red Dragon, the actual proposed name of Pro US East Asian nation would be called “NEATO”. It’s called that because SEATO already exists when NEATO was drafted

Secondly Chinese and especially South Korean players will still complain about it since NEATO would include the ROC which the Mainland Chinese playerbase would flat out not accept that and the latter does not want to be associated with Japan what so ever.

Adding Thailand to the Japanese TT is still the right call however Japan should get some other ASEAN nations like the Philippines (maybe Indonesia and Malaysia) instead of South Korea

4 Likes

Thank you for the clarification! So is there a more permanent mounting for live-missiles? I’ll see if I can find pics

btw the article states it can fire live missiles.

Honestly it can be in WT ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I believe it’s entirely possible since it’s a genuine weapon modified for training purposes. However, I highly doubt it carries any actual missiles on board, given that it’s solely used for training and not intended for operational use. Therefore, it’s unlikely that it’s been modified to accommodate missile storage.

If it were to be added to the game, the missile racks would likely require some creative interpretation, as they wouldn’t exist in reality. Ultimately, it would be up to Gaijin to decide how many missiles to include, leaving players at their mercy in terms of armament configuration.

Personally, I’m just hoping for additions like the Thai M113 TOW, Humvee TOW, and M901 ITV. These would greatly address the Japanese tree’s lack of ATGM carriers and provide some much-needed versatility in gameplay.
https://img-forum-wt-com.cdn.gaijin.net/original/2X/5/57b4f62697469d667582e7ed7d8e7c8818a0c746.jpeg

5 Likes

Thai VN-16, interesting…

Also Humvee TOW firing.

If you look closely the missile resembles one of those TANDEM HEAT projectiles.

4 Likes

If it were to be added to the game, the missile racks would likely require some creative interpretation, as they wouldn’t exist in reality. Ultimately, it would be up to Gaijin to decide how many missiles to include, leaving players at their mercy in terms of armament configuration.

Actually true. I’m not sure of any vehicles in the game where Gaijin had to make up the armament storage. Hopefully we can get the Komatsu LAV or Thai vehicles as you mentioned

2 Likes

I wouldn’t discourage anyone from making suggestions if they want to. After all, the Type 01 has already been suggested, even though it’s a handheld weapon and details about the missile racks are unknown aswell.

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure either, but I’ve always wondered about the way the Type 60 APC carries the Type 64 ATGMs. Maybe some more modern vehicles with lacking sources, like the Type 10 that somehow doesn’t have the wet ammo storage similar to the Type 90.