General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

Girls and panzer anime decal 🤣

3 Likes

I have not had the glorious opportunity to see this anime

Oh wait fr? Im tempted to watch it ngl lol

1 Like

Just do it! It’s fun and has a ton of historical references

You definitely should, I enjoyed it more than Fury lol

When was this made? It has the ZBD04A and the AH-1W from the other leaks, including the Chinese one.

Hmmm… Looking at it I very much remember it being from like, before the December update, since I recall seeing a fake as hell list with the premium Type 90 on it (Don’t even know what the Rentai-Honbu part of that would be referring to) and a Ki-84. I could be wrong though, but that’s what I’m recalling.

1 Like

Probably a command tank considering a rough translation would be Headquarters Division.

Edit: So a Type 90 with a nice skin if I’d have to guess WT Live // Camouflage by TSGT

I got bored.

Type 5 Chi-Ri [Existed as a prototype]

Type 5 Ho-Ri I Alt 1 [Never existed, one known wooden mockup]

Type 5 Ho-Ri I Alt 2 [Never existed]

Type 5 Ho-Ri II [Accepted for mass-production, only parts are prepared]

8 Likes

I hope we get the Ho-Ri II with the 25 mm AA

Also it seems the model in-game is missing some parts, like the roof hatches

These Ke-Ni variants would be interesting

2 Likes

Always assumed Alt 2 was Alt 1 as a testing bed while the one in-game was the final design which was tested with the Jagtiger-like configuration.

1 Like

Ho-Ri I
?

2 Likes

Ho-Ri II

2 Likes

Probably won’t happen. Mainly due to it not existing. With the 25mm’s that is.

1 Like

Wdym

The concept of sloped armor was initially proposed, yet it encountered hesitation due to concerns about removing the hull-mounted 37mm gun. This hesitation stemmed from the desire to maintain a secondary armament for self-defense during main armament reloading intervals. Additionally, the 37mm gun was intended to serve a dual purpose, acting not only as a defensive weapon but also as a smoke shell launcher akin to a grenade launcher.

3 Likes

The design blueprint depicting the Ho-Ri II from Mauswaffe showcases its intended configuration accurately. It was planned to be equipped with a Type 4 20 mm twin anti-aircraft gun mounted on the engine deck, mirroring the setup of the Jagdtiger with its MG-42.

2 Likes

Given that the Ho-Ri I alt 1 only existed as a wooden mockup lacking intricate details such as hatches or doors, much of its depiction relies on artistic interpretation.

But i do think that the Ho-Ri I scale models tend to look cooler than what we have in the game.

2 Likes

I suggest adding the Type 5 To-Ku to the game for players who missed the Type 3 Ka-Chi and enjoy the 25 mm anti-aircraft automatic cannon. The Japanese Navy ordered Mitsubishi to produce 20 To-Ku in 1945, but the work did not progress due to Allied bombing and remained unfinished. The To-Ku had mostly the same design as the Ka-Chi, but the cylindrical pressure hull for submarine transport was simplified to make it suitable for mass production. I understand that some players dislike paper tanks, but the To-Ku is not so much a fantasy when considered as a variant of the Ka-Chi.

Tomio Hara, Denji Eimori, Japanese Tanks Volume 2, 1961, Tokyo: Shuppan Kyodo Sha, pp. 122-123

10 Likes

Not sure why they wanted to keep the 37 mm, it doesn’t seem that useful and makes chassis weaker. The 47 mm would’ve been a better choice imo