General Japanese & Thai Ground Forces Discussion HQ

type 01 its a missile that seems more than capable

I think he’s talking about why the CTWV doesn’t have an ATGM

ah yeah idk why not atgm tbh that sucks

This thing won’t replace Type 89.
Firstly it is wheeled IFV what will be added to support groups armed with Type 16
Type 87 probably will be replaced by RCV version but it is not stated now
Type 89 will be replaced with new truck IFV by Mitsubishi, also the same hull will replace Type 73. So new truck IFV will use the same turret as Type 89
The only question - why they don’t add ATGM for that. This question also is increased by that Type 79 will be removed by JSDF.
Probably they will use Type 01, or MMPM but it is not stated now

2 Likes

After reading some procurement documents from Japan MOD, I not sure the track IFV project cancelled or not because the latest news about it is before the pandemic

3 Likes

Slightly off-topic.

Me seeing a foreigner given jeitei uniforms and equipment included a type 89 and even got to train with the SDF members.
Smiling-Mask-Crying-Man-meme-7

2 Likes

Hitomaru 360 degree pivot turn.

9 Likes

You could try airsoft lmao

1 Like

man… if only some of these had stop watches or something to compare speed to time…

Any more information on this testbed? Of course a 50. cal isn’t viable at higher tiers but I could certainly see the LAV mounting a grenade launcher similar to the Type 96.

5 Likes

You mean like this?

No, I mean the RWS being tested on the LAV in my photo. I know it’s been trialed on the Type 16 as well, I was just wondering if there were any plans or ongoing considerations to standardize it, considering that remote weapons seem to be rising in popularity for light armored vehicles in many other militaries.

1 Like

TK-X No.IV & Type X

https://x.com/NAMELESS_JSDF/status/1795859482431381984/photo/1

4 Likes

HMV and Type 73 heavy truck of the Somaliland’s militant equiped with rocket launchers. 💀

https://x.com/GreatPoppo/status/1807762954856923483

8 Likes

well will we get tailand’s jas39 at next version?

Dear Gaijin.
When will the crew of the Type 81 C be three?
type81_1
type81_2

11 Likes

Hand crank for auto-loader of Type 90 in case of emergency situations.

15 Likes

Russians do seem to like Japanese vehicles quite a bit from what I’ve heard and it’s not surprising they’d put them up there with tanks lol

japoński

Aaand this abomination

7 Likes

How’d they get the Mega Cruiser?

This article sums it up nicely so I’ll spare everyone from my broken english.
Short answer, they just bought the HMVs. (Quite cheaply if I have to say, only 2 million roubles)

Ukraine only got HMVs from Japan recently and the first photos of the “russian” HMVs are from late 2022

1 Like