General Japanese & JASDF General Discussion

Its been officially completed, nothing more is coming. Japan has already begun developing a next gen ARH.

1 Like

It’s probably for the 6th gen fighter isn’t it?

If its for the F35s as well then I’ll be surprised…
Missiles dont usually take a long time to develop right?

BTW: Whats the name of the missile?

次期中距離空対空誘導弾

Translation pls?

looks just a dev plan make a new ARH for Japan next gen fighter, dev from 2024~2029, and test from 2027~2030

so if I’m correct, Japanese F35As could receive block 4 for more missiles, but F35Bs wont receive anything special?

its highly probable they might be tought for japan next gen plane instead of F35 A wich by the time they come out, it will be relatively outdated

The GCAP is kinda far from being real at this moment… so for now, F35As get block 4 which include an upgrade up to 6 missiles, while F35Bs get almost nothing except for 1 new air to ground missile…

is this the general plan for the F35s in Japan?

Is there an actual source for this french shit? Cause I’ve seen it before but never with an actual source.

Ok, we know that the F35B can’t carry up to 6 missiles and is stuck with 4 missiles. Considering that the few new weapons Japan is getting include the JSM missile for A2G and the JNAAM is kinda in limbo for A2A, what exactly is their plan for these planes?

(I mean, the F35A can get the upgrade for 6 missiles, but these F35Bs will be fighting J20s that can carry 6 missiles… so either Japan needs new longer range weapons or Lockmart somehow manages to do something to the missile loadout for the plane)

The difference in aircraft and their avionics is too great for there to be any reason to worry about a slightly smaller number of missiles in life. The J-20 is not an aircraft on the level of the F-35, despite all its shortcomings.

This will make a difference in gameplay when these 2 aircraft arrive the game eventually. But personally, I kinda view this a form of balance between the two…

F35Bs are stuck with 4 missiles but carry a gun pod and can possibly do viffing in a dogfight while J20s have up to 6 missiles but no gun so they are basically screwed in any close combat.

Maybe this might provide gameplay balance to make 5th gens balanced… but we all know that everything the flies will be destroyed by F22s

(F35As are out of the question since the have an internal gun with 6 missiles to be more on par with F22s and Su-57s if Gaijin goes the Russian bias route)

1 Like

well… we know J-20 accually have carry gun version

Source? no version of the J20 carries a gun

On another note, what are the odds on Japan buying the Meteor for their F35Bs for Block 4?

You can always have underwing pylons for F-35B. Just sacrifice some stealth.

Depending how the progress of next AAM and AIM-260. I bet they will have AIM-260 for F-35s and next AAM for F-3.

well, in chinese forum but not videos, I think it’s a test model or the new small update block/version

I mean the AIM 120D is pretty competitive with the meteor, but I just dont want some F35s to have a disadvantage when they eventually come to the game

Cuz from what i see, is that the F22, F35A/C, Su 57 and J20 will have up to 6 missiles, where as the F35B and (maybe) the FC 31 have 4 missiles thats not particulary good in terms of BVR combat

Excuse but why do you think so?
It is impossible to reach the same total range and high maneuverability maximum range with the non ram engine missile what have the equal range