General Dynamics F-111C (Early and Late versions)

It seems the AIM-7G itself never entered production anyways, probably due to the problematic development of the F-111D. What was its difference between the 7F and 7G anyways? All I can find on it is the fact that it existed, and nothing more lol

I never found much info, even https://designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-7.html has very little and that site generally has a lot of info.

1 Like

7G was aerodynamically identical to the 7F, it just had a seeker tuned to the Ku-band radar of the 111D
In fact, the few produced were modified AIM-7Fs and not new missiles
In-game the missiles would be exactly identical

2 Likes

So the F-111C was just spotted in the update trailer. I wonder if we’re getting the early or late capabilities. And in what tree, if it’s in the UK tree that means Aussies can’t use their Aardvark and Abrams together.

My bet is on US Squadron vehicle.

As a US main, it sure as heck better not be in the US tree

Why not? Fits well with the M1A1 AIM. The UK should get the F-111K, which at least had airframes built, even if they ended up being finished for another country. Further along than other aircraft ingame made it.

1 Like

I completely forgot the F-111K existed. I rescind my statement

Seems that’s not happening based on smins meme…

Well it depends on how the devs are feeling that day. Technically the design was finalized, approved and 3 airframes were being built when the program was cancelled. Those airframes did get finished, but not for the UK. I still see it as a more realistic aircraft than others ingame as the design is essentially the F-111F.

Edit: Guess this kills it. I don’t agree but whatever

by Smin
angry-face

but

I want more Indian things

I’m concerned it will only be the AUP. There was only the Su-24M and not Su-24 in the video. Then again, we only saw dumb bombs on the 111C so it could be the early still.

Yeah we’re not going to know until dev server I guess.

As the JF-17 was just announced as squadron vehicle in its DevBlog, I’d be surprised if the F-111C also comes as squadron vehicle.

Could imagine it as Premium or Pack though.

So the F-111C they added is a bit strange. It has the early, less powerful engines, it has exactly the same bomb payloads as short wing F-111s, it doesn’t have its additional anti ship missiles and stuff, and it has AIM-9Ls. So it’s like, a mid life F-111C, some early gear, some late. Concerning that they did it this way, it means we may never get the final capability.

3 Likes

Yeah
I don’t know what Gaijin is doing by making essentially a Frankenvark, then again we can still get a F-111C (E) or (L) at a later date so it can be corrected

2 Likes

F111C should be provided with GBU-15 and AGM-142 // Gaijin.net // Issues

I think it should be a higher bomb payload as well. Currently only using 4 hardpoints instead of the 8 on the wings. It just seems like it’s not finished yet because dev server. Surely if it has 9Ls it will have the more powerful engines. If it had the same engines as the A model, it would probably need to be represented as an Early version with AIM-9Bs and none of the guided munitions.

1 Like

As the F-111C was implemented as part of update Dance of Dragons (2.39),

Moved to Implemented Suggestions. o7

1 Like