Hello,
I’ve not so long ago switched to DX12 api since it has far better CPU utilization and does not peg to single core, which vastly increases game stability in certain areas.
I’ve noticed that on this API WT somehow got heavy hiccups on first runs after that mode (DX12) was selected or game was recently updated or GPU drivers where updated (me on AMD GPU, probably similar issues on other brands as well).
This quite sucks on a competitive game like this, when on some of your initial matches you are heavily handicapped until the game stabilizes (likely due to compilation of the shaders cache).
This issue is apparently known to the game devs for quite some time, but solution nowhere to be found yet.
I’ve just recently found out about SCSKiller, application created by some game enthusiast who found out that this is a common problem across PC games.
So what this app does is tries to do what game devs failed to resolve which is shaders pre-compilation. Basically tries to compute the visual assets that makes the game run jaggy in specific scenarios.
This app is currently in heavy development and doesn’t allow WT to be processed, but I’m eager to work on that somehow to make it work with this game.
So one part of this topic is to share that app for the community members who found out this issue themselves and are just as annoyed as I am - it looks like there might be a workaround soon until devs finally pick this topic and solve it for good (or not)
Second part is a question to game devs about legality of such a program (not sure where should I ask such a question, so just sticking it here for now).
This program is currently now allowing to be used with WT, due to the fact that game uses anticheat and the program could potentially be flagged (wise choice from the program developers).
I know there is an option to turn anticheat off in the game launcher which could help alleviate this limitation, but in this case would this app still be considered as cheating?
Bellow link the the program web site: