Game has suddenly started with heavy freezes / stuttering

Hi. I solved the issue of freezing and stuttering. In addition, I could solve the issue of crashing during airplane battles. Yes, I killed two birds in one shot. The problem seems to be a conflict between WT settings and the automatic Windows for graphics setting. The solution that worked for me running in a PC intel CPU with Nvidia GPU is next: In Windows, go to “Setting/Gaming/Game Mode/Graphics”. Once there, look for the “War Thunder Client” and also “aces.exe” if it exists. For each of these links select “Options” and next select “Don´t use optimizations for Windowed games”. Solved. Restart the PC just in case. Now can set graphics optimizations with your Nvidia and WT setting based on your preferences. I hope these can be useful for you. Thanks.

Here is the bug report for the two seconds freeze one minute after the start of a match, apparently caused by Windows Auto HDR:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/dG2n3HIqtcKr

1 Like

Thanks @Dexterrey7641 . Tried your fix and no freezes thus far.

Same issue, after aprox 5 minutes starts to stutter for about 2 minutes. Unplayable. Thereafter fine.

Tried all above, no solution. Fresh install, Lowest settings etc, tried it all. Still the same issue.
4090 and 7900 with 64gb.

It’s still happening, despite a handful of driver updates and War Thunder updates. Briefly after one update (I dont remember which) it went away, but came back after the next. This is terribly unplayable.

My specs:
Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Radeon RX 6950 XT
32GB of RAM

Having this issue too on windows 10 tried all the fixes listed and none worked. At this rate I can only hope they fix the but in the next major update…

R7 5800x
RX 7900 XT
32gb ram

yeah no fix so far and it seems like Im not alone, this is beyond annoying. I constantly stutter in the hanger and in matches and even in test battles?!?!? like what??

Since the previous bug report for the two seconds freeze at the start of matches when Auto HDR is enabled was deleted, here’s the new one:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/oQRKMnD0Nr8o

Same issue here the PC also has sound issues when the stuttering is happening. Only war thunder causes it. 4090 with AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D and LG C1 TV with Auto HDR enabled

Went away after Alpha Strike, but it has come back after ~half a week.

Apparently. deleting the cache file in the WT folder solved the issue for me.

Had this problem with a 4090 and 7950x3d,
in my case i fixed it by going to “Edit power plan” then go to “Change advanced power settings” in this menu disable “Usb selective suspend setting”

They do this every update for the past few years now. Nothing new here xd.

Hi,

I’ve been having this issue as well. I’ve changed my graphics all the way to the lowest settings possible, and can get a pretty high fps, but I’ve just experienced so many freezes while playing. If I’m holding down one of the W,A,S,D keys to move my tank, the moment the game freezes, I can’t stop any movement of the tank until freezing stops.

Also tried deleting cache file as mentioned above, but no success.

1 Like

And it seems to be gone now.

Having issues with stutters but not freezing. They’ve been coming the last week or so. Tried clearing the cache and changed the power settings with no luck

7800x3d
4080 super
64 gb ram

1 Like

And its back, :(

1 Like

Any luck fixing the stuttering?

Still seeing a lot of freezes during gameplay.

1 Like

Yeah, having 15-30 fps in the hangar, with sound crackling.
5800X
6900XT
32GB ram

adrenalin 24.3.1