Game constantly drops to 3-8 fps

Im currently running on a gaming laptop with a 2060, 16gb of ram at 2667 MHz, and an I7-9750H @ 2.60 Ghz. When playing the game will drop from around 70-100 fps down to 3-8 making both air and ground rb unplayable, often times leading to me getting destroyed. Sometimes this happens 2-3 times a match in air rb but up to 5-6 times in ground rb. I had the same problem when I first started but eventually stopped, then about 180 hours of playtime later I get the same issue. This has become and incredibly frustrating issue and makes the game infuriating to play, and I have tried things from restarting pc, validating game files, reinstalling, update graphics drivers, and lowering graphics settings. If someone has a fix for this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Check the temp of your GPU and CPU. Laptops sucks with cooling, to the point that even with cooling pad the GPU can be constantly at 90+ deg.

2 Likes

As well as check that you are plugged into the power to avoid that ‘power saving’ nonsense that windows does. Very commonly unknown ‘thing’ that laptops do.

It sounds like we have the exact same setup/Laptop. This game is poorly optimized for Nvidia cards. I believe they’re too lazy to update their game to support any newer Nvidia drivers from what i’ve read on other posts about this issue.

It’s definitely not your setup causing the issue, it’s the game.

It’s not poorly optimized if the drivers and setup on the PC/laptop is an issue.

The general advice isn’t to update drivers but to roll them back because there is a stage where the drivers are actually standard rather than being bleeding edge.

(Along with checking your settings, and often, another reason for the FPS drops, is chipset drivers even.)

You’re definitely right, it ‘was’ properly optimized until Gaijin just stopped updating their own game to work with the current drivers.

It’s definitely an Nvidia card/driver issue. I have seen too many posts with Nvidia card users and updating their drivers to the latest (even some that were last updated in Q4 2023) with the same issue.

I’m starting to suspect (and i’m probably right that) it’s Gaijin being lazy, rather than every single person with an Nvidia card having computer troubles.

Edit: You/Gaijin can’t expect us not to update our drivers as i’d bet most of us don’t main WT as our only game. There’s games outside of WT that require latest drivers to work better/more efficiently.

1 Like

Not many require the latest, they may give you benefit but they don’t force you to run the latest drivers.

So what you’re saying is there’s other games (shocker) that benefit you by updating drivers and Gaijin is too lazy to update their game to let them work with the latest drivers. Got it.

Dude, no game actually requires you to run the latest drivers, so you’re making stupid statements to try and make out that Gaijin need to support bleeding edge…

1 Like

6-8 months isn’t ‘bleeding edge’ that’s the minimum most games do these days. Also there are some new games that require updated drivers, Starfield being quite a notable one if you want it to run smoothly and not stutter at 15 fps.

Edit: The compatibility update for the latest Nvidia drivers on their end hasn’t been updated since June 2023 for some context.

The issue with you though is you’re jumping on a thread where someone is and has looked for help, with your conclusion based on some assumption you’ve made which echoes the same symptom, but you’ve done nothing in this thread to diagnose it or highlight it.

It has been confirmed multiple times by other users who have downloaded the post-June 2023 driver updates and then they have reported downgrading their Nvidia drivers to pre-June 2023 drivers and it working perfectly fine. That is the solution. The problem is Gaijin not updating their game to support Nvidia drivers post-June 2023. I thought I said that my first post, maybe it didn’t come across very well.

Just because the symptoms seem the same, doesn’t mean the cause of them is.

You jumping in here, makes more not do diagnosis, and causes more people to just assume they’re facing the same issue as someone else.

I mean I downgraded to pre-June 2023 drivers even though I play many more games that do require post-June 2023 drivers and my game works fine now. As most other users experiencing the same problem i’ve seen with Nvidia cards have fixed their stuttering problem the exact same way. Have a great day.

Well, I’m on a 3060, and I just updated my drivers to the latest suggestion, and they’re fine for me…

Nice.

Yea, like, honestly, I’d really check that power setting on your laptops… It’s a VERY simple setting that is commonly on, and it does things like power management and CPU throttling, and it even messes with wifi as well.

It’s not our laptops, it’s (certain) Nvidia cards and Gaijin not updating their driver cache since June 2023.

facepalm Did you even check that power setting? Because if you didn’t, I have no issue in repeating what I said before, as this demonstrates it…

The issue with you though is you’re jumping on a thread where someone is and has looked for help, with your conclusion based on some assumption you’ve made which echoes the same symptom, but you’ve done nothing in this thread to diagnose it or highlight it.

Just because the symptoms seem the same, doesn’t mean the cause of them is.

You jumping in here, makes more not do diagnosis, and causes more people to just assume they’re facing the same issue as someone else.

facepalm please just look at the first page of the hardware issues forums, it’s MOSTLY Nvidia Cards 1650’s to 4090’s all the same issue, how many times do I have to tell you IT IS A DRIVER ISSUE BECAUSE OF LAZINESS. 90% of people on Reddit, these forums and in-game have rolled back their drivers to PRE-JUNE 2023 and IT WORKS FINE FOR US/THEM.

I do not require your help, I am helping the OP by telling him to roll-back drivers to PRE-JUNE 2023.

Have a great day.