Gaijin needs to slow down adding more modern vehicles in War Thunder

So, I hate to break this down for every one of you here reading forum posts, but I have been thinking recently that Gaijin is adding too much modern vehicles too often in game and this will lead to timeline where players aren’t able to get more modern and new platforms and vehicles (not just upgrades and modernizations of older vehicles already existing in game).

Just about a year ago Gaijin introduced the F-16 and MiG-29s to game and this was a huge step to modern era of WT, at the same time introducing the game-breaking R27ER and later modern IR missiles such as R-73 and AIM-9M, and not a long time ago modern ARH missiles were introduced at the same time as SU-27SM, JAS-39C, AV8B+ and other really modern planes in War Thunders perspective with their modern day radars, RWRs and other electronics. Just simply think, for an example Israels air tree is soon at the moment where the only platform or plane isnt in game is the f-35. The same will be for many other trees in game if Gaijin wont slow down their desparate baits for players to grind.

In tanks we have really modern tanks like KF41, Type 10, T90M, T80BVM, Leopard 2A7s, PUMA and also modern helis like KA 52 and MI 28NM, all of these are from the 2000s and above. If Gaijin keeps adding 2-4 really modern vehicles per Major Update we will soon run out of brand new vehicles, but ofc they will keep adding improved vehicles of old ones.

Keep in mind tho that, if F/A-18, SU-30, SU-33, EF2000 (which I hope is coming to the game next year, not any sooner) will be added, theres not much new to add. I also hope that as we get into more modern era in tanks and planes, we would get more modern missiles and munitions and also the upgraded armor of tanks to be modeled properly if possible.

Thats all just sharing my thoughts, share yours too!

(Sorry for the massive yap and bad english)

27 Likes

Feel the pretty much same. Personally i would love to see more low tier/WW2/ early cold war era vehicles. Not only i think they are more interesting and whacky, but for newer players, they will be able to get those vehicles much sooner then a 4th version of F-16

19 Likes

I hope that Gaijin starts to focus more on gameplay rather than vehicles. Eventually they will be forced to once the most modern stuff has all been added. We’re close to there with tanks, and we aren’t too far away from modern aircraft being added too.

Unless people start to care less about purely top tier, I don’t think a ton will change.

21 Likes

YES THANK YOU, I totally agree with this point, adding more and more modern technology in the game should be slowed down as much as possible, having functional game modes and trees without holes should be the priority

2 Likes

Gaijin IMO should focus on finishing already implemented vehicles. You would not find a vehicle which is not missing some feature.

So I would prefer to have some existing stuff fixed instead of another half baked vehicle.

5 Likes

2 Likes

They need to keep adding more modern vehicles and work on modern mechanics so long as they make nations roughly equivalent. There’s a lot to be done:

• The USA, Germany, Great Britain, Japan, China, Italy, France, Sweden, and Israel still need Pantsir-equivalent SPAA
  • The USA, Great Britain, Japan, China, France, Sweden, and Israel (and arguably Italy, for more than one good MBT) need 2A7V/HU/122B+/T-90M equivalent MBTs
  • All ARH missiles need to be made more accurate, which would solve most of the balance issues (besides maybe the MICA-EM)
  • Pretty much all APS systems need work
  • Spikes need a complete overhaul
  • A billion acknowledged bug reports need to be implemented (particularly ones about tank armor values).
4 Likes

Bruh why…? The F-16 isn’t even a “modern fighter” came out in the 1970s

About your tanks, frances only tanks irl are leclercs which are in game alr, usa has abramses, GB has challys and so on, every tank is different and requires a different style to play and thats what makes toptier good, to have diversity rather than just same tanks. Also you cant ask for better tanks for a nation because they simply dont have other tanks irl

Yes and it has been upgraded various times, like the f16c, has been meta in game since its release and still is because its so modern

However, well-modeled Leclercs with their good shells would not be unpleasant.

I’d personally like to see them add World War I in the future.

3 Likes

Which is why I mentioned the “billion bug reports,” which would get them up to 2A7V/HU/122B+/T-90M standards.

In what I can see Gaijin is just adding way too much modernization or country-specific modification of a certain vehicle, poor thing Leopard 2A4 never gets a rest, same for T-80, each major there’s a new Premium, I’m tired of it, it’s never something completely new but a modification of, either German or Russian vehicle.

They need to give Japan, israel and italy a decent SPAA SYSTEM before they add more deadlier and fast and general untouchable air units

1 Like

Japan Needs south korea line including the biho and the s-am to be added to it with the k2 black panter and the ifvs. Or give japan an american adats or something or allow the type 81 c to see if an allied spaa unit detects something with its radar. Helicopters can and do sit on spawn out of range of any jaapense spaa and kill them with relatively immunity to do most jets.

Realism isny the goal of war thunder but balanced game play. AND THREE NATIONS BEGIN RELATIVELY UNABLE TO DEFEND AGAINST THE JET AND HELICOPTER SPAM gaijin has been adding is ruining gameplay of those three nations . Italy and israel and japan, all need a top tier radar equipped missle spaa

Adding vehicles to a BR that sucks ass to play at is quite goofy lol.

My largest gripe with the accelerated pace at which Gaijin began moving once we got the Phantom and MiG-21 (1.91) is that one of the most historically defining/creative periods of aviation innovation and aircraft design was essentially fast forwarded through.

There was a wonderful Saber and MiG moment that lasted several years—which many players look back upon fondly—but we still only have 3 of 6 planes from the Century Series, and that BR is now practically impossible to balance due to all of the multi-roll 3rd gen aircraft with great missiles.

Prior to 1.91 we were flying roughly 20 years of aircraft development and innovation spread across 6 Ranks and 10 BRs in a game that was 6-7 years old.

Now, in less than 5 years since, they’ve added almost 50 years of aircraft development and innovation into 2 ranks and less than 4 BRs. We went from a .3 or .7 difference in Battle Rating representing two extra .50 cals, adding a cannon or a slightly improved engine, to a 3 or .7 difference representing afterburner/no afterburner, subsonic/supersonic, no missiles/all aspect missiles, radar missiles and countermeasures. It’s bonkers.

From a developmental standpoint, more-so given just how little attention has been given the game mechanics/design along the way, it doesn’t make any sense. The AI is atrocious, objective design is stale and incredibly dated and we’re bombing the same colored circles we have for a decade…only now people are killing each other BVR.

It all just feels so random and haphazardly organized with no real master plan other than to make as much money as quickly as possible.

4 Likes

You cant sell WW2 vehicles for 70 euros so Gaijin will continue focusing in mario kart with tanks mode aka top tier.
Sadly players enjoy playing WW2 stuff we are second class players.

5 Likes