Gaijin need to add spall liners to Chinese vehicles

A spall liner is better than nothing, plus from my personal experience the ERA on the turret helps quite a lot with survivability, most of the time people shoot in the wrong place or the shell straight up gets eaten/ricocheted. I don’t see the point of people that get annoyed with the autoloader modelling, a shot there will kill you no matter what, in all fairness any mbt that shows you the side is dead. Spall liners will help with lowering the amount of times you get knocked out by random spall hitting two crew members.

4 Likes

Just to be clear, here is the turret interior of the MBT-2000:

20231225_005239

We can see very visible spall lining, so it certainly does have them.
It might not have any spall liners in the hull, though.

We’ve discussed that more in this thread: China Norinco VT series MBTs, History, Performance & Discussion - #284 by Miraz05

I misidentified the picture in that thread. It was VT-4’s interior not MBT-2000’s. MBT-2000’s Interior is similar but compared to VT-4 it has less computerized equipments.
MBT-2000. Unfortunately there are no clear images of MBT-2000/Al khalid’s Interior. Due to high exposure we cant really see anything like a spall liner. I’ll try to find some better Images.

But in this picture VT-4 has a slightly different Interior. So there is still some possibility that the photo I shared in that thread might actually be a photo of the MBT-2000. Maybe only Al Khalid lacked spall liner. Most of the interior pictures of MBT-2000’s are actually pictures of Al Khalid’s Interior.

1 Like

Btw here’s a even better picture of VT-4’s spall liner. You can see the spall liner hanging from the roof.

1 Like

That is interesting. In that case, it may be that the spall liner on the VT-4 was an addition made by the Chinese, and that it wasn’t stock on the MBT-2000 as well.

1 Like

Still no dev update? I mean its insane how much work u all have put in collecting so much evidence for spall liners… and yet Gaijin has not done anything about it. I wonder if Russian mains had to go through the same process.

I was wondering does modern Chinese tanks use the same autoloaders as the t72 or is it a more modern variant… Like, does it have the same fire rate?

5 Likes

They should be upgraded to achieve an RPM of 9. Which would be 6.67 seconds per shot.

Of course - we get the worst possible reload time at top tier of 7.1 seconds anyway.

It’s funny how the developers copied so many things (wrongly) from T-72s into Chinese tanks, but somehow didn’t copy the 80mm side armor, and they gave Chinese tanks 50mm side armor like Western tanks, and unlike Russian ones.

Quite sad.

But, yes, I’ve been downloading every single dev server update, opening it to check for any spall liners added to Chinese tanks… Every datamine… There’s nothing…

7 Likes

This may sound like a crazy conspiracy… But I feel like Gaijin just wants to protect its business and foreign Government relation affairs. You know there has been some classified leak which is a bad experience for the company. Maybe Gaijin since then can’t do their research about vehicles so they have to intentionally guess or make up values. Maybe they are restricted from making changes based on real-life vehicles… Besides China has its version of the game as I reckon. So that says something

Bcz it does not make any sense. There is so much free information regarding Chinese MBTs and so many bug reports. And still, nothing has been done.

But that is just my theory

1 Like

That indeed used to be the case, and that was where the Chinese tree was located. The Chinese tree wasn’t part of the regular game before. That Chinese version of the game got shut down years ago, though. At the same time that China was added as an official nation to the game - at that time a copy-paste of the Chinese nation on the Chinese version, which in itself was a myriad of copy-pasted Russian vehicles at the time.

I think they just don’t care about China and see it as a lower priority nation. Nations like Sweden or the big three (US, Germany, Russia) must have precedence because they probably make more money.

But it really is crazy how much China’s missing. How many Chinese vehicles are missing and how many features existing Chinese vehicles are missing. It’s going to take a long, long, long time for them to be modeled properly, if ever.

And it’s a shame - because I chose to play China knowing that they have an incredible assortment of vehicles they could get. Which stays true. It just feels like they’ll never get around to doing it because Gaijin frankly has no good-will for this nation in-game.

5 Likes

Tbh once China gets Chinese planes we will see it rise in popularity, for most people that aren’t Chinese or like China the techtree (AIR) is not that much different compared to the Russian one. Once we get to see J10s and more indigenous J11s the popularity will rise since no other nation will have a plane like that.

In ground there’s a lot on the table (ztz99s etc…) thats already unique but it needs more cas options (JH7A was a good addition). And there are PLENTY of Chinese ground vehicles (not MBTS) that are still missing. I honestly have hope for the tech tree.

I also see a potential North Korean sub tech tree or any other nation like Pakistan etc… that could boost China’s popularity.

1 Like

Personally I don’t think China needs another nation subtree, we have more than enough domestic vehicles to make a new line.

7 Likes

I mean i see it the same way but France out of all nations received a sub even before Japan did so i consider it possible.

Probably because Japan’s lineups are some of the most efficient in game KDR wise globally and DMM has to be kept involved in every change made to the tree as DMM directly markets any changes made to said tree back in Japan.

DMM functionally owns the Japanese tree in WT, to a degree Tencent did more or less the same with the old Chinese tree back when it was exclusive to China as well.

Interesting. Funny enough it seems more than a hindrance rather than a positive to be under the influence of DMM, it puts another step into the whole process and makes it slower.

Welp, the update should be out in one or two days, it look’s like we will have to wait a few more patches.

2 Likes

Speaking of Chinese tanks underperforming, why do they have the 3rd worst shell at top tier when in real life they have one of the best? Also have you noticed Chinese guns at top tier having very bad post-pen damage? Plus they got nerfed along with every other autoloader tank but gaijin still won’t give it spall liners.

5 Likes

Sadly, the DTC-10E/S shell community report: New APFSDS DTC-10E/S should be added into Chinese MBT // Gaijin.net // Issues

Got… deleted. Because it used classified materials as a primary source. And all of the secondary sources are photos, along with some tertiary sources. Which they… don’t accept.

So:

• You can’t make a DTC-10E/S shell report with a primary source because they took it and deleted it
  • You can’t make a DTC-10E/S shell report without a primary source because they won’t accept it

It would basically have DM53 performance considering the nerfs they apply to all shells.
But China simply isn’t allowed to have that.

6 Likes

Btw you should make a suggestion about the experimental/new chinese apfsds round. It pens 800mm+ armor at 0°. ZTZ 99A, ZTZ 99 and ZTZ 96 can use it.

4 Likes

Do you have any info on this?

Its name is DTC 17 125mm.
Velocity of the round is 1920 m/s and something weighs 31 kg(Probably total weight)