Gaijin and modern NATO armor

As already stated you can penetrate the UFP by the round deflecting off of it into the turret which is not displayed in the penetration calculator as it is not a direct penetration.

Should already since it de-railed back almost a year ago.

it not 100% every time which is still better then most

Flat out can be 100% of the time because it goes under the armor arrays. It is comically easy to pull off.

Or you can just shoot the turret ring which curiously does not show up in the protection viewer images you posted but does on my end.

I’d really like to get this thread back on about how Gaijin doesn’t treat armor fairly in the game. I mean the overall objective is game balance. But, this thread is more about how they don’t know what they are talking about and are abusing the good infosec that NATO uses to make their tanks artificially bad.

2 Likes

I don’t know about infosec but irl abrams got oneshot by t72 atgm just recently. The armour doesn’t seem very good to me

Did that claim come straight from the Russian MoD, cuz that sounds like something the Russian MoD would say…

There was that video, abrams got atgm, then HE at the crew and atgm again

I’ve seen a video of 2 ATGM shots at a side on abrams, but afaik those werent from a tank

I ve seen ut as well but it was atgm, then tank HE from long range(visible arc) then atgm again

And then again. The wonderful blowout panels and ammo in the turret.
I’ve not once seen the crew to not bail as soon as the ammo rack is hit. Every hit to the rear of the turret means crew bail, tank abandoned and lost to drone arti atgm. It doesn’t even matter how expensive and advanced the tank is. Its just rear turret hit = tank removed. Unlike in the game

just as much as russian tanks and hit under the turret … In rl the crew will be ejected With the turret but here ?
they keep going on because not to name country needs to use a game for propaganda purpose
Nobody would freely enter those not to name deathraps they produce

how is that a oneshot if you say in the next post 2 atgm and 1 he ? ???

2 Likes

Only in prearranged American arms sales videos. Instead we are getting reports of t tanks withstanding 3-4 fpv drones. Properly covered eith era, nets and with ammo rack deep inside tye vehicle something that nato tanks will never acheive due to flawed ammo rack placement.

It got nailed with 1shot. He aimed at crew(3 out of 4 btw)

ah yes xD 2 mins of google and you see enough reports mentioning the weakpoints of russian tanks aka turret ejection and non existant crew survivability

• the amount of pictures and videos you find with 30 secs of using google …

to much love for those deathraps hmm ?

oh seems like a new record was made 100m high
clearly speaks for the protection level of russian tanks.

But its okay you proved in your post that i quoted that what you say is just pure putin love
I guess you believe to much in war thunder and its fantasy dmg model for russian tanks.

But ye soak up more of that ru propaganda
I wonder why most nations use nato tanks if they are so “flawed” xD

2 Likes

A focus on crew survivability is flawed? One purpose of NATO tank philosophy is crew survivability, even Merkavas have their unique approach for survivability. It isn’t to make the tank unkillable, just more likely for the crew to survive, and in some case crew comfort. Russian tanks have also been shown to be vulnerable to these drones, showcasing how dangerous these are in a modern battlefield.

Let’s look at it logically, NATO and Russia have different approaches to tank survivability. Both sides have equal valid claims of tanks surviving highly adverse scenarios. Turns out, in modern conflict, whoever sees first is often the winner as was the case in the Gulf War. It is no different in Ukraine.

Are NATO tanks under performing in terms of armor in game? Somewhat, but probably not as significant since what tends to matter most is who shoots first. Suprising to me was the many claims of Russian overperformance in game yet I did not see any teams in the Tournament use Russia, often Germany, Sweden, and USA were used instead.

3 Likes

This is like saying why a futbal team won one match by scoring a goal to explain an entire season of success. This shit is complicated. And if you think Abrams armor is bad you are welcome to ask all of the people that tried to kill Americans in them. Oh wait you can’t. They’re dead, and the tankers aren’t. That’s over three decades… Meanwhile Russian equipment hasn’t won shit except for Georgia. Otherwise it’s nothing but a string of them popping turrets like it’s cool.

I could have gotten technical here. But I’m trying to speak your language here.

It’s more of a factor that the NATO tanks have much bigger vulnerable spots than Russian ones in game. This, in IRL terms is a non factor. But due to idiosyncrasies in Gaijin’s simulation, this is presenting an unfair disadvantage. These issues are exacerbated by Gaijin’s infantile definitions of “legitimate” sources when it comes to armor. I’m well aware that if the game was at all realistic at top tier, nobody could play Russia or China competitively against literally any western nation. Western, especially American, equipment is comprehensively superior to Russian/Chinese designs. To be fair Western nations have a much better technological, information, and education base then the Russians/Chinese, and we spend a LOT more money on weapons development and procurement. But, instead of dealing with this in an upfront manner Gaijin hides behind sleight of hand and misdirection. OR they are truly vastly more ignorant than they let on.

War Thunder T-72s pop turrets just like real life.
What’s wrong about that?

Not as easily as IRL. They have nerfed damage to ordnance in Russian tanks. You should NEVER orange the powder bags Russians use. They should light up like a roman candle with any real hull penetration. But it’s a game not Real Life. I get that. Still, I believe there are a LOT of people who play this game and ply these forums that have no idea what reality is like but speak as if they do.

4 Likes

Yes as easily IRL.
There is no nerfed damage to ordnance period.
You seem to think that 5% of turret flying IRL is 100% when it isn’t.

Then there is a buff to ammunition survivability in the hulls of T series tanks. I’ve shot enough that didn’t go up to know that. I mean. Believe what you want. It’s a game. They try and balance it. But they don’t do so fairly.