G[ai]round realistic battles

You had direct line of sight of that Su-85 for 42 seconds before he first shot you.

It took you 5 minutes to do so? You have a Panzer IV on steroids with a 128 on it, you might not be as fast as that AEC, but you surely shouldn’t be taking 1/5 the match time to even see your first enemy.

This is you 1.5 minutes into the match. Your spawn is less than 150m behind you.

This is you 3 minutes into the match. You’ve moved an astonishing 350m! That’s 7km/h on average, slower than a 188 tonne tank with a power to weight ratio of 6.
By this point, you have 6 teammates on the A point in the city. You’re not even 500m away from spawn.

By that time this guy had gotten 6 kills. 3 in his AEC, 4 in his Wyvern. Hell, one of his bombs even got 2 enemies!
What were you doing…?
Getting shot at on the edge of the map by an enemy that you had seen for nearly a full minute.

Then get out of your spawn? If you don’t meander in the middle of a field, you don’t get bombed. The only reason why you hadn’t the first time is because this guy was taking strafes on enemies in the city, while you were riding the edge of the map.

I’m not dodging the issue… The only issue here is a skill issue, and I’ve addressed it very clearly.
5 minutes in you had nothing but 60 points. 40 from getting shot, 20 from dying to those shots.

This “broken mechanic” abuser had 2000 points from 6 kills and 1 assist. He only had 29 points from getting hit and dying, the other 1926 points were from killing enemies quickly and effectively.

What fix do you propose?
Better yet, what “timer” do you think YOUR post gives that the 50+ other posts didn’t?

As a final note to this comment, though… Don’t blame the game, nor blame the mechanics for being “broken”.
Get some experience. Learn what does work instead of throwing trash at what other people are working with.
It’s clearly working better than you…

6 Likes

Oh boy do I have news for you…

How do you like your MiG-23, heavily blackened with a hint of air/ground?

As an aside, I just spaded the Sturer Emil last week and yeah, it’s fantastic. Even in AB with its spotting and also easier plane strafing, it does really well.

1 Like

:3?

1 Like

Im sensing league of legends frustration lol

1 Like

How about Sprocket? Infernal flying machines haven’t infested that yet have they?

PTSD?

1 Like

Hahah, yeah, i actually deleted league not long ago as it made me rage a lot and i thought i should work on calming down. it is not easy tho.

once again, u dodged the issue at hand by just analyzing my loss to that SU, i literally admitted i didn’t see it.

stop trying to hide the fact that 90% of the ground battles are purely determined by CAS. many of the games i play even the ones where i get 5 kills are lost because the enemy just happens to bomb every single one of us.

1 Like

I don’t hate CAS my self too much to be honest . I like playing only with tanks , I would like an only tank mode for sure . But since CAS is vital compartment of ground modes and since Gaijin (I believe) has said that , that will never change … oh well , the only thing I can say to you is if you can’t beat them , join them

I do believe that most people who always talk about nerfing cas in the forums , are the ones that get cooked by enemy cas but when their team bomb the living sht of the enemy team , the cas is the best thing in the world at that point .

I do believe also that most people hating cas are just sore losers who can’t accept the fact , they just died from a plane and that’s all

2 Likes

Because that is not true and extremely disingenuous/not willing to see this is not the big issue people make it to be.

Wyvern is toast against CAP in GF. The thing turns once and most CAP can take it out or shoo it away from the battle.

Vehicles become broken when enemies allow it for the most part.

The chap ran hard in a light vehicle (I love it and ran it solely 4.7-7.7; ultimate killer if not shot at), he already won the game on the ground as seems like your team were too busy roleplaying.

If you hate aircraft then you picked a game that currently puts you as dead weight to most teams (and apparently a lot of players expect others to do all the work whole they roleplay).

The systems in WT are a mess for many reasons, including how combined works and aircraft in GF modes, but it is not as gloom and doom as topics like your own make it to be. Especially when most normal WT players don’t think matches are won by air for no reason.

1 Like

The ground combat is fun and so is stopping CAS planes from doing anything but lose SP and SL. Free reign for many CAS sorties has allowed a worsening balance, but if enemies let them why would you not, and people do this to bad teams with just one ground vehicle; not always but a bad team will result in dominance regardless.

Basically, yeah. Most cas, other than most US ones, are toast the second the enemy team decides to actively engage them.

I feel like most cas threads boil down to someone who wants to change the rules because they want to play a certain way and other players are not following it.

Sort of like how some people get upset in air sim because they want to do PvE but the other team still kills them.

Oddly enough, i have won a good few number of games because the enemy team spammed planes and allowed us to get all of the caps.

2 Likes

I agree with your point . I would say that low BR AA isn’t as easy to use as the higher ones (for me at least) . The very high BR’s AA have lock on , radar , very potent guns . Old World War AA do need some skill to take down planes ( that’s what I believe ) but a lot of times you’ll only see 1 AA and in the sky 4 planes for example . I believe it needs some balancing the CAS and the AA but at the end of the day , all falls to the player base . If a team doesn’t want to use an AA , they’re doomed to be bombed or gunned down by powered cannon or machine guns .

The game is made this way , it’s not like Gaijin made CAS and didn’t give the ground users AA to defend themselves . That’s what I believe , at the end of the day it all falls to the player base to use all the vehicles in their maximum potential if possible

2 Likes

What issue did I dodge? I stated that if you had done well with your time, such as getting to the cap point / encountering more enemies, you would have had the necessary kills to do almost anything.

They’re determined by good players, not CAS. This guy has the know-how to get 4 enemy kills with 3 bombs, and then some.
What does your team not know how to do…?
Grab their own plane or anti-air.

Chap uses the AEC II so either wasted a TON of money on one or is an experienced player (in theory if a regular player). The game is brutal for learning players I agree (you always learn as you push up the tech trees, I gave up at 8.0).

What is G[ai]round anyway?

1 Like

it requires so much skill to press space bar in the right moment Wow so much skill

No. But it takes skill if you want to make more than one approach and survive it. 75% of CAS pilots do not survive their approach. Causes: suicide, revenge, misjudgement or tunnel vision and they are intercepted by CAP. Many trade an aircraft for a kill. Totally stupid. A problem that many CAS ‘victims’ have … Many are so psychologically intimidated by CAS that they leave the battle after an aircraft including a bomb has fallen on their head.
Most of the time they don’t have in mind that the enemy sometimes barely has enough SP to spawn more than one SPAA after throwing their plane away so carelessly.

The other 25% of pilots who have something up their sleeve wait for the right moment, observe what the enemy SPAA is doing, is the airspace clear, escape route or they fly CAP and only intervene on the ground if there is nothing more to do above.
But on the ground you often don’t realise what’s happening far away in the air. How often have I intercepted aeroplanes before they reached the battlefield? Nobody is usually interested as long as they have their peace down there. But basically that’s exactly my aim. I want them to have a clear head down there and concentrate on the other tanks. Unfortunately, the enemy also has pilots who don’t care much about the battle on the ground and also fly CAP.
In the end, it’s not just the space bar but also brainpower that you need to make CAS what many people really dislike.

5 Likes

from my pov the problem is not a good player in CAS - its more the pure number of planes in the air at the same time. Sometimes at the end of the match there are more planes in the air as units on ground. Using a SPAA then is no option as you will instantly attacked by a number of planes simultaneously. So a very easy solution of this would be (as already proposed so often) to increase the spawn points for planes.

1 Like

Another CAS complaint post from someone who thinks the game is some sort of duel and CAS is too OP because their tank destroyer can’t kill a plane my pointing and clicking.

1 Like