FX plane in war thunder

i think the FX plane should be added in the future not now the future because even tho japan is thought of as a minor nation i still think they should smth other than f16s or f15s
what do u guys think

The F-X is a conceptual render, no statistics are known or even planned for this aircraft. The final aircraft will not look like this either.

F-X was merged with the UK-Italian GCAP programme.

There is a demonstrator due to fly in the next 3 years with an internal weapons bay and to test fire missiles and weapons.

Though AFAIK this demonstrator is entirely UK built and designed I will suggest it for Italy and Japan also once it flies.

4 Likes

It’s a 6th gen fighter, they need to get their 5th gen F-35s with every other nation except Russia and China lol.

F-X is currently Tempest Program - Japan joined in UK and Italy.

meanwhile SCAF is joining up France, Germany Spain and Belgium.

currently a better solution for uniqueness and actual aircraft, would be to add South Korea to Japan alike what they did for BeNeLux into France.

this would allow F-15K and KF-21 to be implemented in game.

South Korea as we all know would not be the best solution for this, however Indonesia is a posibility which can bring Japan quite some stuff and possibly both F-15EX/IDN and KF-21.

Ofcourse a mashup/combination from multiple SEA countries (which Japan sold arms to) is possible as well giving Japan even more hope.

2 Likes

F-X is an ongoing project, currently merged with GCAP of Britain and Italy. By the time 6th genereation fighter aircraft become a thing in War Thunder it is possible this will have advanced further and the resulting aircraft will be added.

Spoiler

Initial GCAP after Japan joined the project

Revised wing GCAP

However for 5th generation, besides the F-35A in Japanese service and the F-35B already ordered, there might be a need for some more variety.

And in this case Japan does have a bunch of 5th gen designs that might fall under “unfinished prototype”, due to parts of them having been constructed:

Spoiler

23-26DMU designs for 5th generation fighter aircraft
DMU

Center fuselage section for 25/26DMU

Internal weapons bay
20230414_150631

XF9-1 engine and XVN3-1 20° 3D thrust vectoring nozzle
atla-enginejapanesministryofdefensepromo

Radar (though mounted to an XF-2A for testing)

1 Like

I think thats what I said? However this demonstrator I mentioned has been in development since before Japan joined and AFAIK is UK only but as Japan and Italy are in the programme I will attempt to suggest for those two also.

1 Like

Are you talking about the ATD-X?

I think what they mean is the Tempest demonstrator.

1 Like

Haven’t seen that one.

The ATD-X would actually make for a pretty good future addition, a relatively small stealth fighter with thrust vectoring and an internal weapons bay.

1 Like

I don’t know if the changes between the unarmed ATD-X demonstrator/testbed and the armed 23DMU are minor enough for them to be counted as the same aircraft, especially since the addition of the weapons bays did result in a size increase, but it would be really nice to see domestically developed 5th gen fighter just to make gameplay a little less F-35 heavy at that rank.

Spoiler

23DMU 5th gen fighter
Mitsubishi F-X 23DMU

Rough size comparison of ATD-X/23DMU
DMU

It should still be enough as an unfinished prototype though regardless, as many components of the 23-26DMU types were built

2 Likes

That thing looks sexy.

I believe the ATD-X still had an internal weapons bay, it was probably very small though and I’d have to look around more. Good to know that the other prototypes definitely had them.

And I agree, future top tier will be even worse than now with F-16s in many trees.

2 Likes

IIRC it was never armed tho. Could give it the Yak-141 treatment tho.

There was a design for a weapons bay for it, likely equal to one of the 24DMU weapons bays with capacity for 2 MRAAMs

Spoiler

ATD-X WT model w. weapon bay

However it seems the ATD-X was never fitted with it.

Spoiler

This might however make it a possible further “unfinished prototype” in the same way as the Yak-141, though 2 missiles and no cannon would hold it back quite a bit.

2 Likes

No, the UK just announced it has begun construction of the first Tempest demonstrator (it’s been being built for like the last year or so but this is the first image release).

But more importantly it’s also been confirmed that this demonstrator will test the weapons bay (which is the hardest part to make, BAE make a lot of weapons bays for other stealth fighters), and also release of missiles from the aforementioned weapons bay.

Tempest Stealth Fighter Flying ...
Britain starts manufacturing on new fighter jet protoype

This is at least being reported as a UK only demonstrator (like the BAE EAP before it) so I will suggest it for the UK and then attempt to suggest it for Italy and Japan as industry partners though AFAIK they have nothing to do with this one but will be involved in future demonstrators/prototypes.

But it would make a good alternative to the F-35 spam that we will see at higher tiers later on.

As @MAUSWAFFE has shown though, Japan might have a few other possible additions?

@DevilO6
heart-locket

2 Likes