Frequent crashes when ending a game

The game keeps crashing. Sometimes it will work for the session, often it will crash towards the end of a single game (Ground RB).

What I did to fix it:

• Deinstalled Steam version.
  • Installed Launcher version

No fix.

• Repaired files.

No fix.

• Deleted cache

No fix.

I play on highest settings, but with no fps/lag problems. System is Windows 10. The crash could to be related to dying in airplanes in GRB, but I am not sure.

It is happening since about the economy update.

3 Likes

same for Air AB battles. Almost every match, the app is crashing. No messages, no error, just crash. Tried with other computer, same issue. Please fix these problems

also same to me. Playing on PC, mostly planes RB. At game-ending it crashed, no messages, no error, just crash.
AND, it crashes when opening the map, everytime.

1 Like

for me it happen whit all the game mod

I have this rn too, idk what makes it to crash.
Right now I use the nVIDIA driver 546.17.

546.17 has been crashing war thunder to black screen

1 Like

You can avoide it for a bit if you delet all or 90% of your custom skins.
It crashed only one time in the while since 1 week

Don’t have any.

I’ve been having the same problem recently, mostly towards the end of the round. partly with an error message, which I forwarded several times, but also without an error message. It occurs very irregularly.
Didn’t have this problem on my old system.

nVIDIA driver 546.33
Steam Version

New System/Hardware:
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel i9-14900KF mit 8C+16c/32T/ 6.00GHz Turbo, 36MB Cache
MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI DDR5
32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz G.Skill Ripjaw S5 CL30
2TB Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 PCIe 4.0 x4 NVME
24GB MSI RTX4090 Ventus 3X OC

Nivida 546.33 is bugged.
All the 546’s are buggy.

I had to back out to 537.58

I am running on 536.99. I guess I will try 546.33 and see if it is buggy in a less crashy way. . _ .

I also experience very frequent game crashes. It is almost always after a death (air arcade) or at the end of a match. I’ve played five matches today and it’s crashed three times, twice after being killed and once at the end of a match. This is pretty normal. This didn’t used to happen much before about November or early December -ish.

Windows 11 with all latest updates; AMD Ryzen 7 5800X & AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT card.

I’ve been through all the suggested “fixes” I can find to no avail. It’s maddening.

I just got done playing a single Air RB match where I had three ctd’s and no error code was given. I play on ultra settings and average over 100fps. This most recent match I had 75 ping, no packet loss. AMD driver is 23.12.1 but I don’t think it’s driver related. The crashes do seem to be becoming more frequent though. I mean three times in one game?

Edit: I also meant to add that I never seem to get this in ground battles, only air battles.

yah try getting them to have servers that allow connection before asking anything else

So the one thing I didn’t think to try earlier was to launch the game directly from the launcher in the WT folder. I’d installed this with Steam and was using their launcher. Yes, it seems obvious now, but bear in mind it didn’t used to happen at all.
Since I switched I still experience the occasional crash but it is greatly reduced to one every 2-3 days. No other changes to my system.

Now if only I could find a solution to the recent and dramatic increase in packet loss…