Fox is still overpowered

They have what, a 7 mph difference?
I don’t have a nerf boner, but you must admit, if you have a brain, the fox is quite potent, same with any light tank in game. Some games I can do pretty good in the Italian btr-80a, some games, I get hit in the back half and am dead immediately.

They either need to reduce the pen of the Fox, to be about 88-90 mm, since according to gaijin, the BTR-80A, has 82mm pen with its APDS (quite literally the closest example outside of the Brit nation), or buff the BTR pen. I’m not comparing the other light tank guns because they’re either wayy bigger, or are smaller.

The fox is such a potent vehicle, i constantly see 2-3 on the enemy team.
I’ll have the fox soon, I’m sure I’ll have a 3.00 or higher kd in it with ease, but hey “it’s balanced”
Also, weird you say I have a nerf boner… I’ve literally only been talking about the fox and the fox alone…? I could talk about the Conqueror’s armor upgrade it gets.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

The funny bit about that is the Warrior isn’t Stabilised. And it’s also a Milan/Milan 2.

And then I guess I can ask for other things that I don’t play to be ahistorically nerfed.

Almost like the RARDEN fires really good shells at the cost of having a worse rate of fire compared to other 30/35mm autocannon… oh wait

by the logic which you applied to get to that statement, the I-15 is potent at 13.7 because it can outturn everything…

My guy you can talk about the Conqueror all day long and how that’s OP… and you’d be laughed at all day long because of how wrong that is lmfao…

8 Likes

Funny enough, it seems according to penetration data it’s the 30x165mm ammo that is overperforming. The penetration formula gives it more penetration at an angle, for whatever reason.

The L21A1 is also missing APFSDS ammo, so that’s another part of the Fox and Warrior that are underperforming.

3 Likes

You mean the addon armour that doesn’t stop you getting overpressured from the front by anything with an autocannon firing remotely competent HE?

Oh no, the Rarden which was a historically competent cannon is performing well, whilst not performing quite to the level it should be if we’re going for historical accuracy. Whatever shall we do that it is underperforming but still outperforming the Ruski guns, I think we must nerf it further.

The fox is good. But the reason you see so many isn’t because of how exceptionally potent it is. It’s because there’s nothing else in the line that is fast enough to contribute in the start of the match. If we really want to nerf excessively potent things, take an axe to the XM800.

4 Likes

Yeah, you are right. Actually got it and had some matches in it tonight.

Not stabilized (though it feels like it for me), but compared to the Fox… It may as well be with how easy it is to keep stable at speed. Milan (TOW almost the same thing) I wanna hurt myself over with how you cannot aim it down enough though.

• And yes. We play Fox to be a scout. Eland is ok, But Fox is best scout. There really isn’t another choice of scout besides the busses that can still be effective at 7.7+

Here’s the thing - I wouldn’t even bother to nerf the XM800, It’s annoying, yes, but it has relatively little pen.

I dunno if i’m just getting lucky/unlucky, but I’ve not seen that many Foxes in live MM, I see far more XM800s now.

Been a hot minute since I played the Warrior, iirc it is or at least was reasonably stable (apart from when you’re braking, and then the gun dips about 10 degrees and it’s not fun then lol)

MILAN was always fine for me.

Well, you see, in the absence of the long requested CVR(T)s, it’s the next best thing. I’ve no idea why, but the Eland always felt really sluggish for me, and I don’t love that 90mm low velocity gun. The only other “scout” that comes to mind is the Rooikat or the Warrior, both of which come with the downside of being slower and are much larger, with the plus side is that they get a whole lot better in the firepower department (Rooikat gets the 76 with Fin, or the 105, and Warrior gets Milans)

1 Like

Honestly cant wait for the CVR(T) family to arrive.

More highly moblie light tanks with 30mm’s >:)

1 Like

XM800 is stabilised, about as fast on most terrain, and fires so much faster. The wretched thing can just run around you whilst firing at barrels, and then rip the side of your tank apart with minimal difficulty. The pen is completely adequate to achieve this.

1 Like

Id take slightly slower but tracked vehicle I think anyway. The ability to turn on a dime would be really handy

1 Like

How about no, lets not artificial nerf vehicles because Russia isnt capable of making a decent 30mm shell.

Just because they have similar stat card speed doesnt mean they are equal. One is a troop transport the other is designed to be fast because its a recon vehicle, just as the other CVRTs that haven’t been added to the British tree yet.

Wow another hot take, so now, no longer, can people have opinions, neat.

Your logic makes no sense…

2a72: 30x165mm
Raden: 30x170mm

“ThEyRe nOT sImIlaR”

it isn’t an artificial nerf, it’s a ballistically realistic nerf, either that, or other vehicles need buffs. It’s called “balance”

Okay, so the 2S25 is a CVR, should it go faster then?
The BTR could certainly fulfill the role of “go be a scouty boy” I’m sure. Saying one vehicle is subjected to one role is like saying aircraft should only engage other aircraft, it doesn’t make sense.
There really isn’t a reason for the Fox to go up

You’re entitled to your opinion… just if you’re trying to pass it off as facts it’s wrong and we’re all equally entitled to say that.

One fires a round which is 200m/s faster than the other… guess which one that would be.

well clearly it isn’t, because someone would’ve bug reported it by now.
The only thing that’s been bug reported was the clip size (been fixed) and the rate of fire (not fixed, because not enough valid sources exist to prove it has a higher ROF)

1 Like

If your ready comprehensive could be better you’d have understand that when I said They’re not Similar was when I was talking about BTR / Fox’s speeds.

Why don’t you call the Soviet Union and tell them to make a better 30mm shell if your having that much of a breakdown over the RARDEN having better penetration.

2S25 isn’t a CVR. Is meant for Airborne forces, and is a amphibious tank destroyer. Keep trying.

execpt you are just moaning and crying…

I’ll let you in on a little secret…the devs don’t buff and nerf tank stats for balance reasons…thats why we have the BR sytem. If the devs though that the Fox being at 7.7 was a problem they would take action. heck the next time we get a round of BR changes we might even see the Fox’s BR change.

But until that time there is very little point in venting/moaning/crying/what ever about the fox…

if it bothers you that much go outside and get some fresh air or something moaning about it here doesn’t help and tbh you are not helping your argument.

Ah yes the facts I’ve presented are all wrong, take me away mr. Secret police officer.

Just because someone hasn’t bug reported it, doesn’t mean that, that is the case.

Lastly, shell weight can determine velocity, it’s like grains in a bullet, the heavy the grain, the more damage it’ll produce.

Brother, have you even seen the Abrams reload? Used to be 6.0 secs, but for BALANCE, since USA teams preform so poorly somehow, they now have a 5.0 sec reload time.

Qual time is between 5.0-8.0 secs on the abrams, which if you take all loaders and compile their times, they usually equate to a reload time of 6.12-6.57 secs.

So yes, things are balanced purely for the sake of balance.

maybe I should have been clearer for you…

Reload/ammo types is the only thing they will change…

Happy Now???

Reloads and shells availability are relegated to balance by Gaijin.

Physical shell performance isn’t.

1 Like