FOX-3: Active Radar Homing Missiles

The MiG-29G will still be better. Atleast there you can hug the deck and be half decent at CQC.

I prefer AIM-9M IRCCM over R-73, so I’d take the F-4F ICE over the Mig-29G personally.

2 Likes

yeah no

I could maybe see your point if gaijin acrtually made us use the entire map, but god no,

personally not a fan of trying to scan for 5 aircraft firing missiles at me while dogfighting another

when i play air RB im acutally happy when i get an EC map, teams hella more spread out

11 Likes

tbh i dont see the point in playing such a non match defining jet.
the Radars are acting up these days, this thing only has 2 ERs and you cant do the rlly satisfying long range shots anymore with any consistency…
and ofc the missile spam and 16v16 cancer…

i rlly hope it gets the Aim-9Li or the Aim-9Li-1

1 Like

Rafale,Eurofighter Typhoon and FA-18 Hornet is coming :)

1 Like

Yes, but no helmet mounted sight, and poor flight performance. These are not like AIM-9Ms on an F-16.

Silent Su-27SM announce. Look at IRST.

5 Likes

F-18A maybe, the F/A-18F, Typhoon and Rafale are comign later this year at the earliest, probabally december patch if i had to guess

Hopefully my SU39 gets the R77 or anything else it should have so i can use it sometimes. Mostly i get Kills with this thing are Gun Kills

1 Like

@Stona_WT Will AAM-4 get it’s unique stealth on RWR feature?
And what about the second most important question about FOX-3 implementation - team sizes?
One of the next devblogs will be about it specifically or…?

3 Likes

That’s all for today?

bud i think the r77s were enough of a hint

2 Likes

i believe team sizes were halved after some feedback on dev, down to 6v6, or 8v8

idk, i didnt play, the game was too laggy

1 Like

What? The meta loadout of the 29G is 6x R-73s. I never once used radar missiles on the 29G and never will when the IR missiles matter more.

@Godvana
Mirage 4000 has no HMD yet is the 2nd best jet in the game.
And its drag was increased shortly after release.

@asd072
I doubt AAM-4 has what you allege.

I think the F-15C is pretty likely for this update. Seeing as the F-15 in the picture of the devblog is visually slightly different from every other F-15 currently in game.

1 Like

nah its the f15a

Nope slightly different visual model.

Most of the new jets will be copy-pastes of previous ones but with TWS and ARH, come on it was obvious long before this blog

2 Likes

how so? I cannot see any major differences