FOV slider

Warthunder devs should implement a fov slider similar to how it is on call of duty. This will help alleviate issues that players are having with ultrawide monitors and specifically on 32:9 aspect rations when zoomed in you can not see anything.

1 Like

When playing Sim, I do feel like im way too close to the cockpit HUD. Would be nice to zoom out just a tad

3 Likes

You do know that this is possible right? Zoom Axis (Air) key bind

1 Like

I have OpenTrack/AITrack installed so those controls dont work normally. I could uninstall them and go back to my thumb stick for head movement, but its not quite as good

1 Like

Ah right, you’re on HOTAS?

Yep

1 Like

Yeah open track is probably your best bet then. Zoom axis (air) does provide a pretty nice FOV, works great on controller which I’m playing on.

1 Like

and ignore what I said earlier. Whilst head-movement stuff doesnt work, that keybind does surprisingly work. So thanks for the tip. Gunna make great use of that

1 Like

ik someone said this already but the zoom key is there

I found it to be pretty much required, I bound mine to a spare slider on my HOTAS

1 Like

I have the zoom toggle mapped, but had previously missed the zoom axis setting. I guess I always just looked at that as the same the normal zoom key, but a slider instead of a toggle button

I like to zoom in all the way to see if that black pixel on my rift is an artifact or a plane

Yep, the “default” “Zoom Camera” keybind under common toggles between standard and maxed zoom in. Yeah i use that all the time, at least when the black pixel doesnt vanish when zoomed in

1 Like

They’d need to do picture in picture tank optics first as those are currently reliant on specific FOVs.

Set zoom to scroll wheel

that don’t work that well in a HOTAS

Yeah, I made my comment before I read the HOTAS stuff. I personally put it on a rotary wheel

I also use an Ultrawide monitor and the only way I have found to get all the HUD stuff out where it is supposed to be is to play in Full Screen mode. But I use other monitors as well and like the ability to go to them with my cursor and it’s just a pain in Full Screen.
I have often thought how cool it would be if we had the ability to size and move the various HUD modules around our screens and “set” them where we liked, for better visibility while playing and ease of sight for them, which would vary for individual players I have to assume. Even the chance to just turn some off or call them up with a keybind or something. Just some good UI options that the players can work . . . would be an excellent QoL change in my opinion . . . Be a heck of a Christmas present . .
. . hint hint, wink wink @Gaijin

1 Like

Id love a fully configurable HUD. Its 2024. no game, certainly not one as big as War Thunder should be without at least some HUD configuration settings. One of my biggest pet-peaves in any game is the lack of HUD configuration. Usually the first mod I look for with any single-player game

1 Like

Not sure about that. the Gunner’s scope scales with the vertical but the horizontal remains the same and in wide aspect you get big black spaces on either side.

The problem is that the periscope on Ar234 stops working with this axis activated.