For the love of Everything,stop giving Tier VII/VIII vehicles to everyone

You… don’t. Which is why this topic is here.

Did you seriously just try to use this embarrassing meme of a non-statement?

That’s, in fact, an argument for all players having access to everything, not against.

If you don’t want to have to play with “bad” players, try playing a singleplayer game instead of multiplayer; you’re not owed “good” teammates.

I mean… it’s an unfortunate reality, but a reality nonetheless. This is a hobby.

You’re trying to argue that some people shouldn’t be able to have something simply because other people can’t have that thing, which is nonsense.

First off, I never said it was a healthy system. Taking away player’s choice in how they want to play is not the answer. People enjoy the game differently, some people don’t care about their stats and just enjoy a causal game where they can take their favorite modern tank out for a drive and hopefully kill someone. Not everyone cares about K/D, W/L, and stat padding.

It didn’t take me months to get time M1A1 Clickbait and M1A1. It doesn’t take anyone months to get the Golden Russian 10.0 lineup. Didn’t take me months to get an 8.0 Swedish lineup either. Got a top tier French, Swedish, Isreali, American, British, Russian, and Germany jet pretty fast too. I even got great naval lineups for multiple nations too. Guess how long it took? About 30 seconds. I got vehicles I actually liked and bypassed the ones I didn’t like. There are more just like me that have done the same exact thing.

Obviously not if people can buy a premium and just want to play that. I’ve even done that with the Kfir Canard, I didn’t want to really play any of the jets below 10.0 in Isreal and I pretty much haven’t. The only plane I’ve cared about in that tree is the Nesher so far, and I could research the whole rest of the tree with the Kfir Canard if I felt like it. Same with Sweden’s air, same with Sweden’s ground. I have an 8.0 lineup with the Vidar and Strv 103-0 and I don’t intend to play any Swedish vehicles until I reach 8.0 in the tree. Russia gets 4 GE vehicles at 10.0 that you can use for the entire tree and never play anything else.

What does year have to do with anything? The money used for premium items PAYS for this FREE TO PLAY game. I bet when you spend money on things you like having a choice too. You probably don’t walk into the grocery store and pick random stuff to buy, you probably have preferences about the groceries you buy. People have preferences on what they want to buy in this game, if they choose to.

This is barely a “team game” when no actual team play is encouraged. Combat has a minimum of two sides to it, so of course a game about combat would too. Most players are here to run around in vehicles, fly planes, or sail ships in order to destroy their counterparts. I have a feeling not many players come to Warthunder because they really want to capture points. Plus, capturing points gives you LESS than it used to if someone helps you cap. Great way to encourage capping points when you get less reward if you are assisted.

There are other people in the world without electricity and can’t play Warthunder, what do you tell them? Nothing because everyone’s situation is different. I busted my ass in life to get a 40+ dollar an hour job so I can enjoy things. I earned the money for my PC, my internet speeds, and games that I want to play. I can’t help at all if someone else isn’t as well off as me, everyone has their own problems in life because life isn’t fair to everyone. And seeing that this game is 100% FREE TO PLAY, you don’t need money to experience the game, not even a cover charge like Call of Duty. I’m glad my money goes to keeping this game alive so ANYONE can enjoy it the way they CHOOSE to.

“Wallet Warriors” are what keeps this game alive. It blows my mind that people can’t comprehend this. If people didn’t buy premiums and premium time then Warthunder WOULD CEASE TO EXIST. Perhaps solving the problem behind ODL would be a better solution instead of treating the symptoms. Perhaps you aren’t aware that a lot of the ODL that happens are lv 100 players buying a premium to grind a tech tree they haven’t started. What do you do about that? What do you do about the players that only want to bring 1 vehicle because the gameplay is usually one sided or don’t want to drag useless lower tier vehicles into a match that would be useless? While we’re at it, why not restrict access to low tiers for lv 100s? It isn’t fair for the new players to have experienced players shit on them all day, is it? Take that choice away too like you propose for premiums. Experienced players shouldn’t be able to make the newer player’s experience worse right?

You said it yourself, there are people that don’t enjoy the game because there is a direct passageway to getting stomped. The only passageway new players have is starting the game new, and that passageway leads to getting shit on. I bet the THOUSANDS of players you killed at rank 4 and below were having a blast while you took your 15 days of game experience in tanks to wreck their days. The worst part is you do it in Arcade, where most of the newest players are.

2 Likes

I would pay extra for a non-premium MM queue, where I could only play with other players with full lineups and mostly (if not entirely) non-premium vehicles too.

Wouldn’t solve every problem, but being able to exclude wallet warriors, one death leavers, inexperienced premium players and players abusing overperforming premiums would vastly improve my gameplay experience.

3 Likes

There should not be tech trees at all, just premium vehicles, after all we wouldn’t want to gatekeep anything, gatekeeping is bad!

1 Like

Yes, advocating for player’s to keep their ability to decide what they want to do with their recreational time is sooo selfish of me.

I have more vehicles spaded than you have unlocked, I have actually played more nations and more vehicles than you and have learned more as a result. Premiums and premium time allow me to accomplish much more than you in less time.

Right, you seem to perfer people that only agree with you, have fun muting me because you can’t stand actual discorse.

Lets go ask that Air RB player that likes to have a fun fight in their aircraft how they feel when their team get wrecks when a player with 1k hours in the same rank they are playing if they had fun.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, your point is somewhat can work, but hear me out.

If you only allow the player to buy the next rank premium vehicle, then there is no point of giving the premium vehicles the ability of researching all the way from Rank I to the next Rank of the Premium vehicle. Instead, dividing the Level of the player and Rank of the vehicles would be a better approach. Like;

• 1-10 Level can buy max: Rank II
  • 10-20 Level can buy max: Rank III
  • 20-30 Level can buy max: Rank IV
  • 30-50 Level can buy max: Rank V
  • 50-70 Level can buy max: Rank VI
  • 70-90 Level can buy max: Rank VII
  • 90-100 Level can buy max: Rank VIII

Like that, the players can get significant amount of skill until they reach to the 100 Level, then there would be no problem to have skilled premium vehicles in the team.

Also, limiting the access of HIGH RANK PREMIUM vehicles makes the Level Progress harder, which means players even get more skill till to the 100 Level.

4 Likes

This is also a very good idea,it incentives players to actually play very well in their brackets,and as a reward they can get the premium they wanted

1 Like

It would also help these folks save money instead of paying full price for a vehicle for a F2P game that they’d end up dropping in a week.

And it would be a great measure to really crack down on bot accounts.

2 Likes

No but you must understand,this game is dead without wallet warriors so we need to force everyone to buy premium vehicles because freemiums are the real noobs

It’s by nature a double-edged sword. Simple as that.

That would make Premiums completely pointless.

The whole point of spending money on a Premium vehicle is to skip grinding time… if you have to grind all the way to the previous rank of the vehicle, then spending money on said vehicle is pointless, since you have already been forced to grind all the way up there anyway, so… why spend money now, when you already did most of the job without it?

They are Gaijin’s primary source of income because most War Thunder players are interested in Top Tier, AKA modern vehicles.

Keep in mind not everyone has the physical time or willpower to spend months grinding through vehicles they don’t like or even enjoy playing at all just to get to the ones they actually want to play…

In my case, I am a student who likes modern tanks. Currently I have Top Tier in 8 trees, and most of them have been thanks to Top Tier premiums.

Without them, I would NEVER have been able or bothered to go through all the interwar, WW2, postwar and Cold War vehicles for months till I could finally get a taste of the modern tanks I was looking forward to play.

Basically, this is how I grinded my trees:

-Without Premium Top Tiers: Germany, Russia.
-With Premium Top Tiers, starting from Rank IV-V: U.K, U.S, Japan.
-With Premium Top Tiers, from scratch: Israel, France, Sweden.

So… basically, without Top Tier Premiums, I would only have Germany and Russia; maybe U.K too, if anything. But… that would be it. 3 nations instead of 8.

You guys should keep in mind that not all of us like or are interested in vehicles that aren’t modern MBTs, so not allowing us to skip the non-modern MBT grind even by paying is forcing us to spend huge amounts of time not even enjoying the game just because some customers are bad players, just like many veterans.

And even then, I constantly see at Top Tier Level 100s with full lineups performing horribly bad and/or leaving the match after 1 death because they rage-quitted, dislike the map, or any other reason. So it’s not like poor performance or one-death leaving is a Premium player issue exclusively.

In fact, sometimes I see Premium players putting more effort than the rest of the team; on the one hand, T-90Ms, KA-52s, M1A2 SEPs, TKXs and Leopard 2A7Vs leaving after one death even though they have full lineups available; on the other hand, a M1A1 Click-Bait player who not only spawns a backup Click-Bait, but also then spawns M1A1 AIM and, after that, a backup AIM. So the “evil Premium player” has already put more effort into the match than the “supper dupper veteran who grinded through sweat and tears” did when they left after a single death.

1 Like

Oh, God forbid people having different interests and personal tastes.

Seriously, of all anti-Premium arguments I’ve ever seen, the “Premiums are bad because you skip the history of a nation’s regular trees” is the… dumbest I’ve ever read.

The only rotten behaviour here is the behaviour and your apparent deep hatred towards those who have different personal interests than you.

Honestly, it’s YOU the one that comes off egoistical. You pretend like we should force everyone to play as to and how you consider it to be the “proper way” and thou bash those who simply want to dedicate their time and efforts into what interests them, all because you consider that “they” are reducing the quality of YOUR gameplay. Who is the one being egoistical; the one who simply wants to play certain vehicles and not play for others’ pleasure, or the one who pretends like everyone who disagrees with their own view is “egoistical and a burden to the game”?

Gaijin Entertainment is not an indie company, wtf. It’s an AA developer which dedicates 130 employees to War Thunder’s development and no, I assure to you War Thunder’s servers, development and maintain ent would NOT be feasible “with cosmetic items”. You have no idea how F2Ps like this works.

Do you think some people buying some skins or decorations is enough to pay for the full-time salary of 130 people, the game servers, the outsourced 3D models and all the research, development and resources it takes to implement 30 new vehicles every 3 months along with engine updates, new mechanics, sound and graphics improvements, etc?

No. War Thunder’s development and maintain ent costs hundreds of thousands every month, a bunch of people buying some skins is NOT going to pay all of this.

You may hate people who spend money in War Thunder, but this game’s development and maintain lent is only possible THANKS to them. Without them, I assure you we wouldn’t be where we are now.

Which game is presumably that?
Has that game been regularly updated and maintained every 3 months for 11 years?
Is that game a World Guinness Record holder of amount of content within a single game?
Is that game growing exponentially every year that passes instead of going on a decline?
Does that game have 100,000-150,000 active players at all time, with several million users being active players and growing?
No? I thought so.

1 Like

I actually really like this idea and I think it is better than what I suggested.

This is a really good point that I didn’t consider and I think it is the primary reason why your suggestion is actually better than mine. I really support this.

As I just said, this is why I think @StickyDeccal’s suggestion is better.

I’m also aware that this would never happen. It would reduce income for Gaijin and thus would never happen. I am entirely cognizant of that. As much as I think it would be better for game health, I know it won’t happen.

2 Likes

I think they should just give other ways to grind in the game ,this is why i can see people camping high tier , i haven’t reach high tier yet because i like play all of the nations and i am slowly getting all vehicles currently rank 4/5.

One thing i have not done yet is buying high tier premium because for me that will kill the interest of the game , however i did bought rank 3 premium tanks on some nations , 1 thing i realized is if you play like me and go tier by tier (rank) you actually get better at the game and is just more fun , i actually learned how to plane in ground forces too because of damm annoying cas.

Anyway i wont judge someone for being that good in game , i dont think is because a premium vehicle he is that good , some people do that on alt accounts , keep that in mind.

1 Like

I could agree with that idea with some refinements too, indeed, as well!

Although I still find it to be gatekeeping, it may be justified in an attempt to solve some of the issues.

That being said, the reason why I’m not 100% a fan is that I’ve seen low level players stomping on Level 100s in Top Tier, after which said Level 100s raged that “a noob could just wallet-warrior them”, which contradicts the “all <90 levels are noobs”.

Some people, even newer players, can be inherently better than others in Top Tier. Not only because these vehicles have many commodities that make gameplay easier, but because many of them are MBT enthusiasts, experts and even real life tank veterans.

Here’s a solution that just occurred to me as I wrote this!

A PVE TEST to unlock access to a respective tier’s Premiums!

For example, to gain access to Rank VIII Premiums, you need to pass a PVE test where you play said Premium vehicle in a complex, difficult PVE mission.

Only if you accomplish the mission is your access to said vehicle unlocked.

That way, if a new player or low level player proves to be good enough, they aren’t gate-kept from the vehicle they want; while players who are not ready for the tier, regardless of their level, can’t access it to be burdens to their teams.

This “PVE Test” system would go accompanying the player Level-based one. The player level-based one would be the default, while this one would give an option to bypass it if you prove to be worthy of it.

It may need some refinements, but, as of now… how does it sound?

That being said, I think it’s too late to do any of this and I doubt Gaijin would do any of this. I think the best we can do is just get used to it, know that they will always be there and that it’s just a matter of days or weeks in the worst case until these players learn the game through experience anyway.

1 Like

I actually really really like this idea. Player level or a PvE test to bypass it. I think that works really well as a combination and if you want to buy top tier vehicles early, the PvE mission also incentivizes people to get better at the game.

For me it’s not about level 90s and 80s having top tier premiums. I see the issue as players less than level 50 having them. Top tier premiums can be super powerful the right hands and owning a top tier premium is not inherently bad. Even I own quite a few. The issue is people less than level 50 having them because not only are they much more likely to sink a match for their team, but doing badly so many times there out of a lack of experience hurts their own experience of top tier and gives them an inherently bad impression of it, thus turning them away from top tier for a long time, possibly forever.

I agree. I don’t like gatekeeping. I see gatekeeping as inherently bad. But in this circumstance, I also see it as a necessary evil.

1 Like

Yep. In this case, gatekeeping isn’t about the core elitist concept of raw gatekeeping (at least to most of us), but about avoiding the consequences of players having access to parts of the game they may not be ready for.

So… if an Iraq veteran or an MBT expert wants to get a Top Tier MBT, they will have no issue passing the PVE test; but if it’s just some new random player who simply gets into War Thunder because it looks cool, they will have to actually learn enough to prove they are ready not to be a burden.

I am glad to read that!

Cold War, WW2.
The neglected POVs cause Gaijin to only focus on the late Cold War to Modern-day vehicles. This has already been proven when an update only has 2 WW2 and a couple of early to mid cold war vehicles at best that are new.

Trust me, you’re not the only one wanting more content for the lower BRs.

2 Likes

Yep.