Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

He litteraly insults in both his videos everyone who want to say yes - “but it’s up to you” lol.

believe it or not people are in fact capable of individual thought and can make decisions on their own.

I have more than 9,000h and I’ve been watching the evolution of the game since 2015.

I don’t think it’s bad that some things are advocated for realism. But in certain aspects of the game, as in this case, they should not be touched.

What is my point? Well, there are changes that complicate the game unnecessarily and add a rng component that only makes the game more frustrating because it does not depend on the player but on what the game decides, as has already happened on several occasions “Besides that this kind of complex things only bring more bugs”. We only have to look behind and see how the volumetric armor works, which, to be honest, is still extremely inconsistent. The Over presure so polemic that in spite of its rework is still giving problems. The change of the TOW missile physics, which complicates it more than necessary and makes it more frustrating than enjoyable this type of vehicles. They are cool changes, that at first glance you say “Wow how cool”, but really what it does is to make the game more complex, more prone to have more problems, and ultimately less fun and more frustrating.

That’s precisely what a game is about, to be fun and not a constant suffering as this game is becoming with each update that happens.

5 Likes

All of that to say you didn’t read the post, or understand the poll is for a test that would make said issues with an APHE change glaringly obvious if they exist.

3 Likes

The Guy is saying that gaijin should better works on overpressure and atgm than this thing if im right, so basically he then readed and his awnser was no

1 Like

Overpressure works fine in my experience, and I doubt the same devs working on the APHE rework would be able to do much in the area of missiles given most of that is netcode.

No mate overpressure doesnt work fine, im killed in maus by HE, even shooting in the Big gun tube Can kills it, and HE looks a bit of gambling sometimes, you Can believe me i play 2c bis, sturm and maus i’ve seen dozen of HE

…What? That is overpressure working. What do you think is supposed to happen to the crew of a tank without a spall liner when a shell with 15kg of TNTe explodes just above the roof of the hull?!

2 Likes

True, Gaijin has messed up in the past. They should just stop updating the game all together

Just above the roof ? Im telling it’s not even touching it. This is kind of thing that doesnt even happen with Big rnd on low tier facing long gun, and im not talking about a m18 im talking a maus

It works fine until a Gepard overpressures an IS-7 or Obj 279.

It’s just kinda inconsistent and iffy sometimes.

1 Like

“you think”
Eh? They’ve objectively made quite large strides in the right direction recently. The stinger issue was brought up more than a year ago, and it’s been work in progress from my understanding since. Spall liners (and the aforementioned “fuckups”) were poorly thought-up additions without any form of voting or testing unlike the current thing WE ARE LITERALLY COMMENTING UNDER, and are thus entirely different.

2 Likes

Nice strawman bud.

They can do whatever they want, doesn’t mean i have to blindly trust that the end result is perfect.

Learn how overpressure works in reality, what spalling is, and how High Explosive shells impact heavily armored vehicles.

The game needs this change to “OPHE” and has needed it for years.

Do I enjoy the round as much as the next guy? Yes.

Does it allow for utterly hilarious bullshit shots which get me out of sticky situations? Yes.

But is it fun or entertaining for the opponent on the receiving end, especially when the round’s oversimplified overperformance means scraping one corner with nothing inside still annihilates the tank in question? No. Nor is it fun when you try playing the same armor-reliant vehicle and die in the same ways.

Half the replies pertain to the goddamn Jumbo Shermans, which honestly could be kept relevant with other changes if the APHE historical correction goes through (mainly giving APCR a restorative rebuff - 75mm T45 should pen 187mm, 76mm M93 should pen 248mm, all APCR should spall similarly to solid AP, especially US rounds with their larger and wider cores).

Honestly though, if the two guaranteed buffs arrive but the historically accurate blast nerf does not, we might as well bring back other absurdly strong things from years past, all in the name of “buffing other rounds to relative parity.” 2016 HVARs, anyone?

Now do APCR, APDS, HEAT, and HESH badly need postpen buffs? Yes. But APHE is too strong even when compared to all of those four rounds at their respective peaks in years past (1.45 APCR, 1.7X APDS, 1.67 HEAT, and 1.69 HESH).

6 Likes

Wt isnt reality mate, and here we are talking about wt, and some HE doesnt do anything on lot of spot but Can kills you when it hits the gun tube, and overpressure isnt constant now, that’s the kind of thing i prefer than aphe rework

Sure

Yeah, soonTM is the classic “please forget this happened” from developers.

Tf does work in progress mean, when the actual problem is how they chose not to believe official sources and instead claimed they know better?

Again. The biggest problem here too was how they chose to add spall liners only to russian T90 and not the dozen NATO tanks that should have them. Only after huge backlash they decided to add for NATO too.

WT tries to be as close to reality as possible in terms of vehicle authenticity/mechanics, which is why when a bugger-off huge HE shell weighing as much as a toddler hits your WW2 heavy tank (a massive target that would’ve been artillery-stricken or CAS’d in reality) it ends up decimating it.

“Work In Progress” means Work In Progress, weirdly enough. Do you know what sort of issues pop up when you’ve been developing a game in the same engine for more than a decade, or do you choose the path of an armchair developer who doesn’t actually know how this sort of thing works?

And how does the T-90M perform now compared to the NATO tanks, eh? Surely countries like Sweden and Germany aren’t dominant at top-tier with their spall-liner Leo2s, riiight?

1 Like

Ye you base your comment on trustmebro. com right ?
Btw im not only talking on the maus i also took the example that a 152mm HE Can also get stopped by the gun of a archer (speak by experience) and it got even stopped by pz tracks (more than once)
And trying to be as close as reality isnt being like reality and do not forget that wt is a game, which is made to be fun, more than realistic in this case

How do you suggest to balance this? What would be the point of even using any other shells?