Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

Aphe vs AP is like the difference between a rock and a grenade.

1 Like

okay.

buff the other shells then, apcr is already fictionally useless and APDS is inconsistent.
why ruin the only consistent part of the game.

1 Like

so you care about “realism” which is not there, but not about gameplay?

75 Shermans on suicide watch

11 Likes

This change might actually make it more consistent ammo racking KTs

1 Like

feels like me arguing for not nerfing APHE shells is in turn being dishonestly received as me saying “it should stay on top” and “other shells are fine” .

lmao.

2 Likes

I believe it would be the other way around. From what I understand, you think that penetrations/ricochets from mantlet to hull won’t happen anymore, when shell fuzes. From what I understand, it should be the other way around now, with higher chance of head of the shell still being able to penetrate/ricochet, which it wasn’t able before as it was destroyed when the shell fuzed.

1 Like

Honestly this would be cool to see.

So:

If DM53 had 1,800mm of penetration…

The solution, according to you, would be to give 3BM60 1,600mm of penetration…

…instead of actually fixing DM53 to have its correct 652mm value…?

If (X) is overperforming, the solution is to fix (X) so that it does not overperform; not artificially buffing everything else so that it is on par…

This should be fixed too; but nothing would change much as long as APHE shells turn into thermonuclear bombs as soon as they enter the interior of a tank.

9 Likes

75 shermans can shoot this thing 3 times for every return shot. 1st shell into the barrel, 2nd into the tracks, 3rd flat on side shot. Next

1 Like

This is literally about gameplay.

2 Likes

yeah thats what i said 😭, definitely not a false equivalence.

Not to mention that 75 Shermans are 4.0 at most and would never face this tank (5.7) on the first place unless you purposefully severely uptier them.

Only Jumbo can, and Jumbo is in a tricky balance position since it has just about as much relative armor as Tiger II at its BR while having that pesky 75mm gun. Tiger I can pen Jumbo as much as Jumbo can pen Tiger I.

8 Likes

First of: How long will the poll be open? @Stona_WT I like to wait with my vote until i have read comments and formed a better and more informed picture of the purposed changes :)

Nice change!
I just hope that you’ll look extra close on the obviously needed BR changes post introduction.

this makes no sense, purely from the point of physics, the pressure from an explosion in a confined space is going to effect all of that space equally (almost, it’s going to be marginally less behind corners but in this application that is going to be a negligible difference).
Could we get a more in depth explanation as to why it will function like this?

I don’t know what to think about this one. but for now my initial reaction is that it sounds like a good change :)

2 Likes

This kills mid tier tanks for most nations tbh. APHE only slingers will now be a lot worse, shooting sides and cupolas will be less reliable ( mistakes won’t be punishable). Some tanks will now perform way better in terms of survivability while some will be completely trashed.
There’s gotta be a better way for this.
Example: the Panthers 75mm already frags way too little, this will make it even worse. The american 90mm, while it’s solid shot is still not fixed ( it will never be) will be garbo, some tanks like the M26 are already overtiered as is anyway.
I’m voting for no, first the maps become stale and then the gameplay that has been actually pretty well balanced at middle tierswill be completely blown out the window.
Again, there has to be a better solution

8 Likes

The Jumbo also gets APCR which should go straight through the front plate of a tiger 1 anyway

and who will benefit from it?

1 Like

That is a gross overstatement.

Conventional AP rounds with roughly 190 mm of penetration can start going through the Jumbo’s upper front plate at close ranges.

For comparison, only one tank fired conventional AP round in the game can reliably penetrate the Tiger II’s upper glacis: The Object 279’s. That just so happens to be the strongest in the game as well.

Not to mention the Jumbo has the horrid side armor of 38.1 mm on the lower side, while the Tiger II is 80 mm at least. The Jumbo only has better armor in the turret.

7 Likes

I agree, but otherwise the game would stagnate, if devs were too affraid to work on game in fear of having to readjust BR ratings, as most of changes/improvements have effect on vehicle performance.

1 Like

For a week.

4 Likes