Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

We surely dont play the same wt

No that’s not how it works, it has so much Pen that you can Pen through the plate, and one shot the panther. C’mon i know what i Say, if you dont trust me go in shell test and you’ll see an ap can one shot. It’s really Bad faith, i mean Idk who would shoot at a small mantlet instead of a Big plate, just to kill less crew member. you’ve never played a “Big” ap ?
How is it so hard to tell that aphe has the advantage of post pen → more dmg on a same spot, and ap has the advantage of pen → more shots possible and opportunities to one shot. This example of t34/arl shows it perfectly

First shot with the T-34 on the mantlet at 600 meters. I fired a few more with varying results, some bounced off the sights, and if I hit the corner of the turret I only killed the three turret crew. I didn’t fire any side shots because with APHE they are instakill.

With the AMX-50 (same barrel as the ARL), as you say, it gives you the possibility of penetrating the Panther frontally, killing it with one shot, but there are times when it doesn’t die with one shot, if you shoot or if you shoot a little downwards, twice the bullet mysteriously bounced off me, and if you shoot at the turret you only kill those in front of the penetration.

From the front there would be a certain parity in damage, the problem is that the APHE do a fixed damage, if they pierce they destroy, on the other hand the AP have a certain level of randomness, where sometimes they do little damage with which the enemy or his teammates can kill you before you can reload, so you die and don’t get any kills. The real problem would come with the side shots, since the AP by doing damage only from the front and having that randomness depending on which tank you shoot at you may only kill a single crew member, especially due to the fact that many players do the trick of carrying little ammunition so as not to die from an explosion,while APHE of any caliber does immense damage against the sides of tanks, whether or not they carry ammunition.

1 Like

The difference in side shots.
190mm AP.

104mm APHE.

3 Likes

why in gods name did you shoot the center of the turret and not the bustle where all the ammo is?

Because if I shoot there I kill him with any type of bullet there is in the game (except HE and HESH), and that wouldn’t explain anything.Although I think that if I shoot there, due to the inclination both bullets would probably bounce off, the 75mm one for sure.

Because either he would kill the tank and give me reason. I’ve kept saying that if you’re in a position where u cant one shot the crew then shoot the ammo but it looks like it doesnt work in this world, and anyway, ap or not, i’ve Always tried shooting the ammo so…

Amx 50 hasnt same cannon, arl is sa45, sa47 or 46 for 50 (depends the variant)

for the front shoot you just shot too low bruh. I’ve done exact same test and i one shot on first try, it wasnt the tank’s fault if you havent one shot.
For the t34 no need to act as if there were interesting result, you just cant pen the front plate, you just killed the panther by the mantlet coz bots are full of ammo…

Well, if I have to adjust the shot, I can also do it with the T-34 on the mantlet, killing it 98% of the time.

Sure sure… Call me when you’ll find a tank full of ammo, and it’s easier to aim with the arl, btw for the arl it would be 2 more %. Idk what you guys have against aphe and ap

Do I need a tank with full ammo to kill with APHE? That’s new to me.

That’s a cool way to edge the arguments. On your screenshots, you killed the panther on the mantlet because the panther was full of ammo, you’re never gonna do this ig coz players adjust their ammount of ammo. If you had looked on your screenshots you would have seen that you had 2 crew alive. It will survive ig, and not also it will, it has already happened to me (weirdly that it never to you…)
Let’s not speak about the fact that you missed a shoot on the front plate but you say 98% of the time, a shot that isnt deadly and on a much slower spot would one shot

Well, it’s curious, because the last ammunition depot of the Panther is precisely the one under the turret, so the explosion would most likely have hit there.

It’s never happened me when i hit in t34, and it never happened me in panther, we definitly dont play same wt, or you’re having bad faith

Players who do not carry ammo do so to avoid dying from AP, APCR ammo shots.

*and APHE
I dont know what do you have against current mechanic on this point

A question, do you use the BR-365K or the BR-365A with the 85mm cannon?

Im using k variant, any variant you use, you wont touch the ammo you hit since it isnt in this config. It’s 28 aphe and 2 he, more than enough for a game

So once again, ap arent all that bad, and anyway the aphe rework wouldnt set the ap/apcr better

I have always killed Panthers with the A on the mantlet, if they changed it recently I don’t know, since I haven’t used Soviets for almost a year.

But at least there would be some possibility of avoiding instakills.
I really don’t understand this obsession with not touching APHE, which in total is practically removing the damage in sphere for a cross-shaped damage, and it’s just creating a test, not implementing it directly.
The problem with the APHE is not the T-34 against the Panther or the ARL-44, it’s all of them in general, and whatever you find in front of you, depending on the tank with AP, you can almost equal the damage, but when you find enemies from the side, that’s where the APHE will have a huge advantage.

A piece of advice, change to the A variant, it’s much better in everything, you only carry a few K’s in case there is a tank that has more armor, but I think in any case what you pierce with the K you will do with the A, and if you don’t pierce with the A you won’t do it with the K either.

It’s not an obsession. Ppl can vote coz they prefer gaijin to focus on other rework/features than this one