Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

At the end of the article

Time, but not work…

And I’d presume those preparing the testing servers would not, in fact, be the same ones who’ve prepared the actual changes.

1 Like

This would be sensible in any other game but it just shows how low faith in the games Desv actually is.Everybody is too scared to even try it and I understand why.Hardy anything they have done with this game in the last two years was of benefit to anybody as far as this forum goes.
They messes with the maps and look what happened.

Being apprehensive is fine.

Being too scared to even test? That smells of either extreme paranoia, or fear that an overpowered toy may be put in line with the others…

4 Likes

It will take significant time, idk what do you understand, maybe you know how to Split yourself ? Lot of time includes lot of work and i dont think the developpement would finish with dev looking all the day on their screen. These guys were also working on something, and they would surely work on something else when the’ll be done

I can’t disagree but that extreme paranoia is all Gaijins work.It is the mood they have created and the amount of trust they have at present.

I would be most happy if they did not touch a thing ever again.

Not all devs cover the same sort of thing. Those working on the actual mechanics of the APHE rework have most likely already finished it.

The ones working with servers would be those doing the work, I believe. Setting up test servers and all.

2 Likes

They’re saying it will take lot of time to prepare the test if “yes” wins, they have definitly not finished the dev, either they wouldnt ask for it, and the dev who could work on it were working on something else before, and would work on something else after, and then this “After” would be delayed

OP compared to reality. The damage pattern is not realistic at all.

3 Likes

Being able to repair in seconds, and not having reliability issues isnt realistic, but it’s still here, so i dont see why isnt the fun argument good.
What i also see in his comment, and i join him on this point, is that better is enemy of good (that we would see it on test), and there are plenty of things that ppl would gaijin to do instead of this rework

2 Likes

I didn’t fight in WW2 so I wouldn’t know.Its a game.I don’t need a change to something that is a game basic and has always been the same last 3 years.

So why aren’t AP and APCR buffed to the same level?

4 Likes

Balance? Also i may got misunderstood and i think it’s m’y fault coz i didnt precise: doesnt mean we cant mix fun and realism, but this current system is realistic and fun enough to play with, according to the person (i Guess ?). Why would you expect apcr to have as same post pen effect as aphe but with better pen on the same tank ?
Also it’s not the same fight, it’s not because you nerf a shell that another shell will be better, it will affect the tanks, but not the shells themselves (except nerfed one of course). I mean, what would be the difference for ap and apcr After the change, i ask for the ammo themselves, not what does that changes for the tank carrying

I would expect APCR to at least destroy ammo when aimed directly at it, but nah, it just turns it yellow.

If you nerf a shell, all other shells will in fact be a little bit more effective in comparison. The best reality would be a buff to other shells and a change to APHE at the same time, but that clearly isn’t happening so an APHE change would be the best possible route.

AP would have a higher spread of damaging shrapnel, APCR would be more precise and have higher damage of shrapnel in a tighter cone. Absurdly easy solution to think of.

1 Like

Yes, compared to aphe, other shells would look better, but they wouldnt be better than before, it will be as hard to kill as before so yes in comparaison, but in fact still yellow ammo when you hit with apcr. If you nerf a shell, the tank carrying it will be worse, and the tank facing it will be better, that’s how i see it

Im talking about the change we are voting, and gaijin said these changes would only affect aphe

I didn’t mean I wanted APCR to have the same post pen as APHE. Its post pen should be buffed in the same way APHE is buffed. APCR and AP had similar post pen effects to APHE but the APHE had a secondary cone due to the filler. The reality is AP and APCR should do quite a bit more damage.

If APHE is left in its buffed state, AP and APCR should be buffed as well.

1 Like

Oh ok i see my Bad sorry

1 Like

Agreed, and I will always advocate for AP/APCR postpen buffs. APHE is fine, its actually effective, but everything else really needs buffs.

(Minus some APFSDS and APDS, which can be fine- i.e. 105mm APDS)

1 Like

Saying yes to everything isn’t any better. Not everything they have suggested for us to vote for should be an instantaneous “Yes” sometimes it just isn’t a good idea. If you fail to consider things and act like a sheep among the herd. Then you are creating more issues than there were.

The “tank” part of the tanks game comes in difficulty to pen. If you penned, armor already failed, the tank part didn’t do its job. Real lfie crews will 90%+ of the time bail out and the tank is done for the fight.