Following the Roadmap: Voting to Test our Proposed APHE Shell Changes

Indeed. People arguing that M18 would suffer for not one-hit killing everything because all of its opponents are drastically better in other ways… while not realising that this change could potentially drop M18 from 5.7 to 5.0 or even 4.7 if needed be.

3 Likes

That would mean even more changes and as we all know changes are bad, because changes are scary and Gaijin is incompetent…

4 Likes

Hellcat at 4.7 😍

2 Likes

Here’s the picture.

Left to right is M82/T41, T50 and T33.

2 Likes

That’s possible. But I’m not in favour of it being out of balance for months while Gaijin determines that. If I enjoy a range of vehicles this nerf absolutely will effect, as I do and it does, then yeah, I’m voting no.

That’s why I’m voting yes. The first lineis the right one in reality

2 Likes

Take the example of the Foch. It has solid shot, so it is unaffected by the changes, however nearly all lower BR vehicles will no longer me able to exploit its cupola weakness. This would lead to it doing better, and moving up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the same thing happened to the T95.

1 Like

Here’s a picture you might find interesting. These are recovered 76mm M62 rounds that were fired in testing. The major issue with the M62 is the poor heat treatment caused the round to perform inconsistently. @Peasant_wb you might like this too.

2 Likes

You can two shot the T95 through the cupola with solid shot. I see no reason for it to move up.

Nothing says it will go up. Your all ignoring that tanks will go down but immediately know without a doubt these will go up.

4 Likes

My man! If this change will be implemented they will balance the fact that the point of the shell will behave like a solid AP! So the engine will be disabled!

It also faces heatfs and apds so not all of a sudden invincible

I know it might not go up, but I was giving an example of what could happen.

Has the original document mentioned the total mass of the T50E1? I’m assuming it’s about the same as that of the other 2 shells.

Have you measured the volume and therefore the mass of T50E1 without its cap and windshield from this 3D model?

@Stona_WT

Wasn’t the poll suppose to close over an hour ago?

You sure ppl Can still vote ?

The percentages have shifted slightly in the last hour. No idea if there is a delay on them being tallied but there should have been some form of update from Gaijin by now at the very least.

Yep, maybe it’s also because they need to remove the botted votes
/half_s

True but also ignoring that nothing could happen or those tanks that can’t face it finally go down in br where many belong were it not for nuclear aphe rounds.

1 Like

The T50 is 24.1 lbs, same as the M82. The penetrator is 8.6 kg plus 140 grams for the filler and the weight of the fuse. It’s listed as the M68 but I can’t remember how much that weighs.