Following the Roadmap: Vehicle Research Bonuses

Waiting for all the people before who said, “noooooo, see they can’t do that because it’s only meant to make you try NEW nations” to concede they were wrong. But yeah, good changes.

Once you add in finishing nation trees as well as new ones like this they couldn’t make it any more lucrative in other ways though, because of the effect on time to research for foldered vehicles, which are already pretty cheap and the approach of racing through to the end then circling back getting the bonus means they all now qualify for this reduction too.

1 Like
  • The bonus should be calculated based on overall RP, not base RP. Then it would make sense. For me, the max real bonus would be ~25%, and that’s for top ranks.
  • Each nation with a top vehicle should add some value to the overall bonus. This could be a % to RP or an increase in the number of bonus battles. This bonus can be non-linear. For example, 5 bonus battles for the first nation, 4 for the second, etc.
  • I still don’t understand why we need bonus battles for nations I have no interest in right now. I think it would be better to make the bonus unrelated to the nation and increase the number of available battles. For example, instead of having 5 battles for each nation (of which I’ll only use 5, maybe 10), we could have 10 battles in total and spend them however we want.

This iteration is better than the previous one, but still mostly useless.

7 Likes

More accurately it’s a demotivator to keep paying for a game AFTER you top your first tree. Which, y’know, if you don’t like the F2P game enough to pay for it by that point… Maybe you… Shouldn’t pay anyway? Just putting it out there.

It just feels like another scenario where either the devs chose not to listen to really any of the feedback, or the CMs just didn’t take anything back to them. I’d love to hear from a Dev on why they didn’t make it based on total RP, like a majority of the comments in the last related post on this mechanic. Or why it wasn’t made into a permanent flat % bonus.

There’s still no season now for me to play half the nations in the game as who would want to slog through a mostly copy and paste nation anyways. There’s not much incentive or foreknowledge of “hey, at least my grind will be easier”.

1 Like

me, rinhord, is not paying for this game since the marketplace is out, so i dont really quialify as someone that could spend less… as i dont pay anything already…

but for marketing and making profit wiht this game, this system will decrease, as you saied it already, the value of getting a prem/prem acc after getting this bonus… so in the end they bit themself in the ass if the goal was to make more money.

Me personally, i want the grind to be in general less, so i want MORE bonus for ME, and that means i want to get MORE when you have prem/prem acc already, to speed up MY grind.

It doesn’t speed up F2P more, it speeds up both accounts the same amount. So a player with Premium is still advancing faster.

Do you buy premium specifically to advance faster than other players though? I mean I buy premium just to make my own grind quicker, I’m not really concerned with how long it takes other players.

2 Likes

I’d say give us +0.5% stackable passive RP and SL bonus for each rank fully spaded. Doesn’t matter nation or rank. Sounds fair for both sides IMO and it would reward longtime loyal players. It would certainly motivate me to start a new nation more than this.

1 Like

Does this mean that we must use last rank vehicle in respective top end line to gain research bonuses or we can use any of vehicle of tech tree where is top vehicle researched?
For example: I have researched Leopard 2A7V. Do I need to play this vehicle to have bonus or I can play Leopard 2K and have research bonuses anyway?
Or I have IJN Amagi, Mutsu and Fuso. Do I need to play any of them to have research bonuses or I can to play IJN Tone and have research bonuses aswell?

If anyboody know anything about this consern please answer.
I apreciate efort

After I grinded USSR planes to top tire I can say grinding anything beside america is waste of time. America is that much better. So yeah regarding researching other nations, maybe make them playable against USA otherwise its not appalling

Sorry but thats not true.

This system is accelerating f2p more then someone with a prem account.

Its simple math i explained earlier already…

The F2P car has 25HP and gets 100% of these 25HP more, so he starts the race now with 50HP, he is now twice as fast and cuts his time by half.

My Prem acc and Prem vehicle car has already 100HP and now gets also 25HP more, so my car is now only 25% faster and i safe only a quarter of my time.

Prem/tali car has: 100HP = 25 sec (gets 100% of 25HP as bonus)
125 HP = 18,75 sec (25% time Safed)

F2P car has: 25HP = 100 sec (gets 100% of 25HP as bonus)
50 HP = 50 sec (50% time Safed)

1 Like

(Not my game)

So if you get 8 kills a battle in a relatively long game, 13 mins, you get a 2,300 bonus…

That’s 20% increase with a premium vehicle and premium time.

So if you’re a very much above average player and get 8 kills/game for 5 games that gives 11,750 bonus RP a day.
Which is 1 extra game worth of RP.

People think this is good?

4 Likes

Hey, its 25% on toptier with a prem acc and tali. But no, most think its still bad.

Prem Acc and Tali Vehicle:
Rank 1-4: __ +6,25%
Rank 5: ____ +12.5%
Rank 6: ____ +18,75%
Rank 7-8: __ +25%

Prem Acc:
Rank 1-4: __ +12,5%
Rank 5: ____ +25%
Rank 6: ____ +37,5%
Rank 7-8: __ +50%

Well, that +100% research points in all game modes should have huge asterisk next to it.

At this point I think it’d be fair to add disclaimer that’d inform players that +100% from premium account

• doesn’t work for skill bonus,
  • doesn’t work for new nation bonus
  • doesn’t work for boosters (RP boosters only boost base RP and completely ignores premium account)
  • it should be also mentioned that it doesn’t influence things like RP from researching whole modification row for vehicle

as more and more exceptions are being added, simply saying +100% isn’t good description

3 Likes

Wow I was never even really excited for this bonus, but in its final form currently it’s insane. 5 games a day in air and ground seperately, combined with skill bonus, over the course of a year is essentially going to give you an entire free minor nation worth of research for free on top of your actual rp earned from gameplay. All 5 games were very fast, with the longest one being 10 minutes as well.

My sample of 5 ground games today at 9.7 France (I played absolutely horribly, but that will actually help reinforce how much of a buff to the grind this change is)

1st game: 1 kill, 1 cap, 3 assists = 626 bonus RP
2nd game: 3 kills, 3 assists 1 cap : 1459 vehicle research bonus + 292 skill bonus = 1751 bonus RP
3rd game : 2 assists : 408 vehicle research bonus = 408 Bonus RP
4th game: 7 kills 1 assist : 1739 vehicle research bonus + 1160 skill bonus = 2899 Bonus RP
5th game: 5 kills : 1683 vehicle research bonus + 338 skill bonus = 2021 Bonus RP

Total Ground RB bonus RP for 5 matches with the 75% rank modifier = 7705 RP

If you play at least 5 games a day for a year, this equates to 7705 x 365 = 2,812,325 Research for ground RB alone, in additional bonus research. That’s with very poor games included for at least 3 of the 5 daily matches as well. (Also, never forget that the skill bonus is permanent and there every game, I estimate I’ve made well over 1.5 million RP from it since its inception between air and ground)

Great change, this genuinely is a MASSIVE buff to the grind.

It dosnt change what u need to play to grind smt, it just gives you a bonus. no change in what u need to play or what u can research. U get the bonus on the stuff u research, not on what u play.

1 Like

Sorry but no its not a massive buff… a massive buff would mean you need 50% less time to grind.
This only gives you 5 battles a day and depending on your layout you get between 6.25% and 100% more exp for this very 5 battles.
Also skill bonus is also based on base RP, so its untouched by the nation bonus.

And if you only play 5 games a day… you need like 2-3 years to grind a nation.

again… :

Prem Acc and Tali Vehicle:
Rank 1-4: __ +6,25%
Rank 5: ____ +12.5%
Rank 6: ____ +18,75%
Rank 7-8: __ +25%

Prem Acc:
Rank 1-4: __ +12,5%
Rank 5: ____ +25%
Rank 6: ____ +37,5%
Rank 7-8: __ +50%

2 Likes

Can you explain the math on this…
How is 2.8mill RP = an entire minor nation.

That’s also a higher bonus than you would receive researching lower tiers.

Also a year to grind 1 TT seems like a long time.

Let’s say I want 1 tank, 1 heli and 1 CAS vehicle for my 12.7 lineup… How many games is that to get 1 TT there.

I hope you were being sarcastic. If not, what are you smoking? This “change” is another turd sandwich made by a company that has no respect for its players (even the paying ones) and actively works against them.

You have to spend tens of millions of RP just to reach top tier and now you get a tiny bonus for Rank I-III. Oh wait, that bonus is irrelevant because to get to top tier in that tree you’ve already researched and purchased Rank I-VI. So now you have your top tier plane but its “new” so you can’t get any bonus for it either. Not only that, but playing a Rank VIII aircraft to earn rank I-III means you get nothing anyway due to the RP penalty (25% of zero is still zero). This “bonus” does absolutely nothing especially for the smaller trees like Sweden and Israel.

1 Like

The bonus Is for more games (2 whole games) but Is still low because Is still based on the base RP.
Did i get It right?

1 Like

Wish we had a way to “dislike” or 👎 dev posts, like you can on Steam but also let it go into the negative. This just isn’t that useful or beneficial. The grind in the game is still a massive slog and there’s not much incentive to play half the nations with them being like 75% copy and paste. Why play China when it’s just US and Russian vehicles until Rank 7/8? Why play Israel when it’s mostly British and French vehicles until 9.7-10.0? And its air tree is just the US. Italy is a mix of the big three.

If the tech tree itself isnt interesting, and yet you want players to to either try it or grind it, then at least the grind needs to be improved. Which I why imagine the permanent flat % bonus RP increase so desirable but this is what we got after 13 plus months of development. It’s…disappointing.

8 Likes