Following the Roadmap: Skill Bonuses in RP & Selectable Night Battles!

Gaijin hasn’t reverted their changes. Silver lions in the current economy are astronomically easier to obtain. Research is “slow” but with the new skill bonus assuming you play well it is significantly increased compared to previously.

Stating that nothing has changed or that this announcement of not fulfilling the roadmap in its entirety is equivalent to a net negative change in the economy is nonsense.

How many games should it take to unlock an 11.7+ vehicle?

There is an increase.

If you get 10 kills yes, which is not an average match, most people do not get 10 kills, ever.

An extra 320 RP for an abysmal game is a net good.

Yeah, it’s also not a whole lot if I need 500.000 for modules and 400.000 for a vehicle… but lets get excited over getting 0.1% closer.

1 Like

There is a bonus at 3 kills, 6 kills, and 9 kills.

RP costs for modules is a separate issue from vehicle research. Yes it needs to be easier to grind modules especially at top tier.

400k RP

400 games at 1k RP a game

300 extra RP

That’s 93 less games played total

I think that’s a good increase

To get from rank 6 to rank 8 is what, 8 vehicles?

70-100 matches per vehicle. That’s 560-800 games.

93 - 133 hours of gameplay at 10 minutes per match. That’s 23 to 33 days of playing 4 hours per day.

Seems excessive as hell to me

Yep. With 6 kills I got a “bonus” of 628 RP. It would have been better if they brought back double RP weekends or something.

1 Like

I recommend taking the time to learn to play Air Realistic Battles the rewards are much better.

I fail at RB with fighters and I am marginal with bombers. The skill set is not there and I don’t have 10 years to learn it, nor do I want to compete against people that have been playing RB for 10 years. Besides, I would never get 6 kills in Air RB. That is reserved for Youtube content creators.

Waiting for the free repair is super inefficient, especially when the biggest rp boost you get is from acing the vehicles. The income now is insanely high and even before that the free repair is mostly for the last game of the day or your just making your life way harder then it needs to be. In this case the way your playing is the issue mate. Not having a go just trying to help because your really make it hard on yourself.

1 Like

I used to have auto-repair enabled but I’d frequently never make enough to cover and would end up with zero. So I disabled it and just wait it out so I can keep the SL without it being zero or without losing 60% or more of it to repair costs.

Even if I get one or two kills it does not cover repair above Rank IV if I lose a plane despite claims about SL increases. Its about SL management now instead of flying.

It’s nowhere near as bad right now even without premium

If you have premium time you can’t lose money any more so I assume your running without premium. Either way your profits should outweigh your losses. The new economy is insane for money making. Playing 4 days a week for about 4 hours at a time I made 12 million SL in the last week. I have premium time but even without there is no way your losing that much money every battle.

As for rp the acing of a vehicle reduces the grind by 20% with or without premium time. If you play a line up of 5 and ace them you will have gotten a plane for 0 research effectively. Acing 3 will get you your new plane really fast because you will cut down the rp needed to 40% of which you would have earned that in the time it takes to ace those 3 or even sooner.

I’ve been playing since 2016. And I have researched all air trees except for the latest update additions. I have researches all naval trees except for latest additions. I have researched US tank tree to the end and have reached T5-T6 in all other tank trees less Israel. So it seems it may be wrong to consider ourselves as representative for “the players”?

God forbid we actually catch up to the game. The humanity! 😲

2 Likes

If players are doing it and your not don’t you think it may be you that’s the problem? Especially when the differences are so extreme. In my experience it’s not the players skill but the way they play. There are mechanics in the game that make the grind quite fast but many don’t use them then say the game is too hard

I do have premium and yes you can lose money or make minimal profit. For example, I just played a Rank VI game at br 7.3. which got uptiered to 8.3. I faced G91s with missiles so the the game was lost before I started. I earned 16ksl (1 kill, 7 ground targets) but repair costs were around 11k SL(lost 3 planes). I could repair and get 5k SL or I can wait and keep the 16k. It makes more sense to maximize earnings and keep the 16k since I’ll need tens of millions of SL to earn the rest of the tree and modifications.

I have a life and a job. I don’t dedicate every day to this game. I’m sure many others feel the same way I do. We’re not all pre-teens that are willing to dedicate every waking hour to the game.

1 Like

I just got 5,200 RP in a game and that was with one kill and a 300% booster. The plane I am researching is 160k RP. Assuming I can get 5,200 for every game with or without a booster it would take 30 games or so to earn the plane. At one game a day that is 30 days. However most of the time I earn less than half that so double the time. It shouldn’t take that long for a casual player.

This right here. There is no consideration by Gaijin for this type of player.

And that’s my point. You don’t have to. But you just don’t want to get better or use the game mechanics available just demand more. I unlocked 9 vehicles in the last 8 days of game play tier 4 to 7 in various trees at about 4 hours a day, that about 32 hours for 8 vehicles. I’m not saying you have the time for that but that’s 4 hours for a high tier vehicle average.