Following the Roadmap: Skill Bonuses in RP & Selectable Night Battles!

This!
i have 2K hours in this game and have unlocked all of Sweden (ground/air/helli) and nothing else. Sweden being one of the smaller nations as well.
At this rate it is going to take me the better part of the rest my life to unlock everything since they add about 10 new vehicles every 3 months. it is almost impossible to play enough to catch up with todays RP reward.

2 Likes

I think they are quick to forget when the COO said “we might have to shut the game down” half of the Reddit and Steam community said “do it.”

You can only poke the bear so many times before it bites.

2 Likes

@Stona_WT can we get an official answer from Gaijin on how long it is supposed to take to research an entire tree? A month? A year? 10 years? I’ve been playing on and off since 2013 with large gaps in playtime. I decided to give Warthunder a focus for the last year and a half, playing nearly every day when possible. From my own experience it has taken about a year to a year and a half to reach Rank V on a small tree like Sweden. It will take about 30 to 45 days to earn each plane in Rank VI and VII. Is that the expectation?

Based on my average earnings I calculated it would take 17 years to reach the F-14 on the American tree. Ridiculous. Quit making it harder for casual players to succeed in this game.

6 Likes

3 kills isn’t particularly hard to get and I don’t get the “it’d take years to get to the end of the tt” complaints, it depends entirely on your spendable time and if you’re willing to pay for premium

1 Like

I agree with your point, but not your argument. I literally do just that… I don’t capture bases.

Of course I won’t win if none on my team captures any points. But I rely on my team to capture points while I focus on killing the majority, because I know I am more useful to my team that way (since most of my teammates can’t get a kill if their lives depended on it). Hence why I rarely go for captures. And I usually do win.

But the teammates I have that do capture the bases are just as deserving of a bonus as I am. It’s a team effort after all.

The lifetime air RB stats show that the top kills per flyout is 3.8.

Averaging 3.0 will put you inside the top 20 of all time.

A standard pilot struggles to maintain 1.0.

The amount of extra RP given out will be negligible.

1 Like

Why are night battles only selectable for 10.0 and up?

Most 8.0s and up have NVDs.

You get an additional Rp bonus for free. So dont blame them.

since when is this for free?

it requires you to get kills. and then only the base RP is counted.
tier 1 3-5 kills is a lot to achieve, specifically in a Stock vehicle, when we NEED to farm RP to spade said vehicle.

sure this will help unlocking new vehicles with already spaded vehicles, to go for the max amount of kills. which in my opinion also completely misses the point, and excludes all other actions in a match as less desirable.

how many times do you see people complaining on forums because for certain events you need caps, kills, etc. and they do just that, everyone else be damned.

this to me is another nail in the coffin for a “teamplay” game.

it would have been far better if they:

1. included all sources RP, or
  2. calculated the bonus on the total RP earned that match;
  3. enable other sources / actions to increase the bonus tier level;

This like the other economic changes is going to cater to a certain type of playstyle which goes for max kills and nothing else, something I’m not particularly fond of.

in GFAB with the vast hordes of ODL (above a certain BR), good luck getting to T2 of this bonus scheme.

1 Like

I understand the removal of night battles when you couldnt choose… It doesnt matter if the tank has NVDs or not some players would like night battles at low ranks, so if night battles are optional there is no reason for BR limit. If players doesnt want to play night battles with a tank that has no NVDs? He can just turn them off…

1 Like

That’s true, I guess if you just are used to the lighting eventually you’ll get used to it and just get more RP/SL or whatever it is

good idea! BTW recently i posted a suggestion regarding creating a new battle-award based on the most dropped bomb load. But it was not even accpeted for discussion…

How? Are you playing 3 hours a week? Even that will unlock a top tier vehicle in a week or 2 depending on skill.

How are you playing and what are you playing? There is no way your playing those sorts of hours and taking a month to unlock anything, even a top tier

Arcade mostly, occasional RB for bombers but not often. I play maybe 1 to 2 hours a day or until all of my planes are destroyed and waiting for repair. Average earnings are between 2 and 4 k RP per game at Rank IV and above with an average play time of 4 to 6 minutes. With some planes at those tiers being around 100k RP to earn that is between 25 and 50 games. Waiting 1 to 2 days for repair adds to that time.

Even if you get 3 kills, the 15% is very insignificant either way and not likely to boost your progress.

Further clarification of your position on this will be necessary to avoid community backlash. Players expect what is promised to be given. If something is deemed not appropriate justification must be given.

If your justification is “we are afraid players will be able to grind faster than we want” we need to know specifically what you feel is the appropriate level of player frustration to encourage purchasing of premium / talismans / premium vehicles.

2 Likes

I do blame them, because this is what they do, people complain about the helicopter RP situation and then they do something different that doesn’t solve the core issue to distract from it, I predicted it word for word that it would happen and it did, the moment someone brought up the heli RP they brought up that GF can research them now.

This is the same thing, the problem is abysmal RP gain, the RP gain continues to be abysmal but now we’ll get the whole ‘‘oh but we gave you skill RP’’ which is nonsense.

I still believe captures in GRB / ARB should count towards this streak, they are equally as important as kills if not more so.

A 10 kill game previously before skill RP

A 9 kill game now with skill RP with less time modifier towards research

There is an increase.

I still think there will be value in encouraging players to play nations to top rank and rewarding that achievement by adding a bonus towards grinding a new nation. If a stacking bonus is something that needs to be avoided then make it a token that you can apply to a single tree and you won’t get a new one until you’ve done the same in another tree.