Following the Roadmap: Research Bonuses Testing Has Concluded

im getting tired of this clowfiesta, muting the thread and going to actually do something fun

Ill show you what I mean with this image:

Spoiler

shot 2024.08.22 15.18.09

If your expecting players to not buy a single rank 8 vehicle till its “fully” complete then thats a flawed system period. that just promotes lack of learning and tbh low skill players at those higher BRs where premiums dont exist.

That’s what they should have done. Give away a daily booster ! But that would make it too obvious that they facked up the game economy a long while ago.

You should feel offended because they are mocking all of us with yet another anti consumer practice!

3 Likes

I think the idea is great, the execution however doesn’t feel super good.

I’ve played around with it a bit, and the 3 games per nation just isn’t worth doing.
Say I have 2 bad games, and 1 good, then I’ve essentially “wasted” 2 games worth of extra boost for my new nations.

This also applies if I really just want to focus one nation, the amount you get for 3 games is negligible.

I would have preferred a flat 10% bonus per nation you have top tier in, even if it only works for that specific tree. IE if you have tanks, it won’t work for planes. Sure it’ll seem slower to begin with, but as you get more nations to top tier it suddenly helps a lot.
Especially given how long it already takes just to get there

all im gonna say that i feel offended that i can be categorized in the same group as two of you by just saying “war thunder community”
me and you both are not the same. not in a single way.

Happy merry to be shat on. Don’t clap!

You’re in principle correct but factually wrong.

in that image, the only vehicles that takes the bonus away are Mig-29SMT and Su-27SM. the others you can buy and use and still have the bonus.

the bonus does not promote playing other nations… or are you being ignorant of the fact the Bonus doesnt even apply to anything Rank 3 or below…

How does one get to rank 4 in any nation (oh they have to play it) they have to play a nation in which said “nation bonus” has utterly NO USE if they are starting fresh at rank 1…

and even at Rank 4 which is a 25% bonus to “base RP” this means for the better part of what you are doing in a match that bonus can be as pathetic as a couple hundred RP to your chosen vehicle of research… wow a few hundred RP for vehicles that generally cost anywhere from 40-60K RP per vehicle

sure sounds like a great way to promote playing other nations kek

My main issue is the way the bonus are given to different tech trees. For army and aviation the bonus applies to 63% of the tech trees. For helicopters it is 100%. But for bluewater it’s 50% and coastal just 40%. This is discouraging, as naval research takes the longest time, specifically for coastal.

2 Likes

sadly its not, the Yak 141 takes the bonus as its end of line, the Su25SM3 is also end of line and Su-27/Mig29 would also take the bonus as its less than 2 steps away in the line from top tier so would be considered top vehicle due to BR.

Please read what they consider “top vehicles”

Wrong

Edit, the two BR steps to the yak 141 would be: 12.7 → 13.0 → 13.3 = not top BR.

Again, you are factually wrong, but the principle and sentiment of your intended message i agree with.

Edit 2:
The USA air tree though, if i want a CAS plane and unlock the AV-8B plus first i lose the bonus to the other 7(!) rank 8 planes which is bonkers.

You got nothing to research anyway

It’s neat, but it’d be even better if we could still get the bonus after getting a tech tree to top tier.

This mechanics may greatly reduce amount of time for geinding, but it needs some changes.

1. Bonus disappearing after getting top vehicles.
    This should not be a thing at all. For examle, I have been grinding France. And I got M4K. Alone.
Spoiler

Because of that I will not get any bonuses even if I have, 2 other top vehicles as well as two whole lines! And it was mentioned before that because of this system, it’s better to not buy top vehicles at all!

1. What count as a top vehicle.
    I understand why you made these requirements for counting vehicles as top. There is some lines, which ends up pretty early (like, bomber and interceptors lines in japanese tech tree). But in my opinion, requirement should be only by rank. Getting F-14B will take pretty much same amount of RP and time as getting F-16C or F-15C. And more than AV-8B+. Getting rewards for top vehicles after getting some rank IV planes should not be a thing, but not getting it after researching rank VIII plane should not be as well.

2. Amount of battles.
    I guess, logic behind only 3 battles per day per nation was smth like “they can paly 3 battles in each nation, so it’s up to 27 battles already. They can also play other types of vehicles, anf then it’s about 100 battles! Shoud be nice!”. The only problem is that players usually gring only 1 nation. They buy talismans/premiums and play dozens of battles in this one nation. So, if you still want to save amount of battles, players should choose in which nation they want to use their battles. They can choose once and play, like, 30 battles in this nation per day. They can also switch nation and play the rest of the battles on other nation. And game should tell people to choose new nation after getting all vehicles with bonus in this nation.

3. Bonus for rank I-III.
    Even if they “don’t take a lot of time” they should also get bonus reward. What was the point of the new system? Motivate people to grinf new nations. It will motivate much more if I see bonuses from first games, than if I know that I will get bonus somwhere in future. Bonus for rank I-III may be smaller, but it definetely should be.

With these changes this system may be much more benefitial for gamers

3 Likes

I stand corrected, yeah your right. I was getting confused with the GR7 being a lower BR but being considered end of line, forgot thats 13.0 in arcade and they go of “all modes”

1 Like

Hey. All of the feedback is being monitored and reviewed.

The previous post was just a snippet of how the initial tests of the mechanic would work and today is about finally opening the tests up for everyone where we can properly ensure it functions and also review in detail the metrics and numbers.

That’s unfortunately not the sort of thing that can be done in closed testing and requires a much larger scale test platform to first at least ensure everything is working as it should be.

5 Likes

No problem man! :)
This also showcases the really big issue with making things as convoluted as they have. not only is it hard to understand, it also creates arguments and fights between users.

1 Like

Yeah 100%, i think what concerns me now that ive seen the GR7, if one day gaijin upp the BR of lets say the F14B or the SU25SM3 where its less than 2 steps you could then just lose the bonus out of nowhere which I think is bs for anyone imo

if there keeping the 3x battles per vehicle type per nation (that’s going to get old saying this) theen at least give us the option of when to activate the booster ??? after a match maybe

Wow this Nation bonus is… really bad.

1. Why does it reduce xp bonus or dont even give for lower br? so you WANT us to sealclub?
  2. As a VET i 99% play only talis/prem stuff and have a prem acc, the 100% bonus ends up being a 25% … thats really not a lot and dont motivate me to play other nations and grind all the copy paste stuff again.
  3. When i play my GRB deck but play a plane it activates also the bonus for the plane, BUT I DONT WANT THAT. My GRB deck is often more then 2 ranks lower than my planes so i get not only really little EXP anyway cause GRB but i also get the FULL RANK PENALTY… WHY SHOULD I WANT A BONUS ON THAT? I want my Plane Bonus when I want and i dont want to be forced to play ARB before i play GRB… thats stupid.

Bonus to litte, not motivating, nation that has end of line vehicle gets nothing, plane bonus in GRB is dumb, 3 battles a day of this tiny bonus is not notacible

edit* youtube stomp and review bombing incoming?

6 Likes