Following the Roadmap: Research Bonuses Testing Has Concluded

But looking at the feedback gotten previously, is it even worth testing a mechanic that a big portion of the player base doesn’t want or want changed to the point of rendering the test moot?

Edit:
I’m genuinely asking here. I want this game to be the best it can be for everyone involved and i feel like wasting resources and time on something that wont be appreciated, wont help players much, doesn’t benefit Gaijin and in some cases even actively makes players feel bad and sad (because they have unlocked a “top” vehicle without knowing it and are now losing out on the bonus they were waiting for for so long) isn’t productive in the slightest.

10 Likes

Appreciate the response. It just seems…crazy that y’all went forward with a system the community seemed to universally not like. Hard to feel like any feedback was passed on if the same exact system that no one liked is the one being rolled out for testing.

Even here now, it’s not being received well.

8 Likes

“Hey, we broke the game economy, we’re bringing it back!”

3 Likes

Love It
No One Is Happy
Meanwhile gaijin Is like: Yeah, let test the system everyone hate

Litteraly the “it’s fine” meme

6 Likes

There just doesn’t seem to be any acknowledgment of feedback from this or the past topic. I get that the devs might be looking at it but a comment every now and then saying that you appreciate the feedback and are looking into it goes a long way into making your players feel like they are being listened to.

There’s been plenty of feedback on how this can be improved/how this bonus should be implemented but given that nothing has changed since the previous topic and now we can’t help but think that nothing is being listened to.

And since this a bunch of nerfs have been made to rewards so it just seems like all the progress that was made last year is being put down like Lenny, all tell me about the rabbits style.

11 Likes

Because it’s intentional. They expect such reaction.

1 Like

As we mentioned previously, all feedback is important and we very much appreciate all views and opinions on all changes to the game and proposals. This one is no exception to that and everyone on the team has indeed been following closely along as well as testing these mechanics ourselves over the last week or so in game, as you guys can now too.

In the last topic, we did drop by at several points to explain that the mechanic was still in it’s early phases of testing and we would be keeping you updated just with that shorter than usual blog to keep you informed of what was going on, as we know this feature is a positive one many players have been waiting for.

As this is such a large change to the games progression we do need to first test it’s functionality and make sure:
A) it actually functions
B) we can gather accurate and reliable figures and data that clearly show how much it impacts things.

A few suggestions previously were about changing this mechanism into something else entirely which is not something it was proposed to be or an option for it.

We do however want to ensure this test goes smoothly and will be monitoring all avenues (here and elsewhere) as well as closely checking the results of the testing period.

So we very much actively encourage everyone to give it a thorough test and also give us your thoughts on feedback after checking it out in game.

2 Likes

As someone that likes to play all nations , this won’t change anything for me , because i play around 6.0-8.0 and i dont see myself getting in the top of tree anytime soon 😭

3 Likes

While everyone understands how this system was first proposed but surely the overwhelming support for a different system that was suggested in the previous topic should have sparked the idea that maybe the original proposal was a bad idea and the suggestions that were getting support should be looked into.

Possibly a vote on (further) delaying the bonus in order for it to be replaced by a better system would be a good idea once the current test has finished?

8 Likes

7 year delay would be fine.

So long as we get a system that is worthwhile any further wait is fine personally

In the meantime, Gaijin’s executives are buying their 17th flat in Bali.

2 Likes

The research needs to be boosted, the 3 matches a day needs to be increased, and we need more RP reductions, especially when you frequently have situations like when your team is completely garbage and/or one-death leaves, everyone on the enemy team one-death leaves, you get bad maps, or all you get are uptiered matches.

*** This is mostly a GRB problem. ***

1 Like

I think the reason why you only get a bonus for 3 matches is because thats how many matches the devs play themselves

• before releasing a major update
2 Likes
  • Ever probably

Thank you for this answer!

I think the main issue is lack of specific “acknowledgment of feedback”. Just stating that you are reading all opinions and listening to feedback basically doesn’t tell us anything at all. You could behind the scenes be tossing all the figurative papers in the trashcan for all we know.

The response (i personally think) everyone is expecting is more to the akin of:
“Many users have stated concerns about X, the DEVS/Designers/etc feel the same and will be looking into possible changing it after testing”
and/or
“Many users have stated concerns about X, the DEVS/Designers/etc feel that this sort of change would affect the game to much to be viable to implement and so isn’t something we currently consider as an option. Although this might change in the future there is little chance of that being the case.”
and/or
“This is a thing we sadly overlooked during the design phase; and its to late to change / and we are looking to make a change to that soon/in the near future/further in the future”

Meaning; directly addressing the most commonly brought up views/issues/suggestions/feedback.
I would rather have a straight no than either “We are listening” and/or silence as neither of those really tell us anything.

this is great!
But as i previously stated:

So either the plan is to not change it enough for it to actually matter to many players or the tests will not give any result you can use in practise.

Why isn’t that an option?
There is the option of going “Oh, our bad, we had completely misunderstood what the community wanted and will be looking at a rework. We are going to release this one in the meantime / We are going to postpone it further to make relevant changes based on community feedback” is there not?

perhaps create a poll / feedback form based on the most asked questions and most voiced feedback?
or at least give a poll with options like “postpone a little further and make small changes”, “postpone longer and make an overhaul”, “release as is”, “realease as is but plan changes (big or small) in future” etc if applicable

Main point:
I think in general the community wants each specific concern addressed separately with short explanations as to why you are/are not considering that change/mechanic for this or a future update.

I’m trying my very best to be constructive here and i hope it helps at least in some capacity.

13 Likes

Dude, I’m sorry to say, but if Gaijin gave a dang, we’d certainly know by now!
They’re only trying to save time, because time is when people spend money!

“Is it better than nothing?”
“Yes”
“Will people spend money because of it?”
“Yes”
“Then, release it”

This says it all, they are not changing the system regardless of the out cry from the community. This system is useless unless some is grind all 10 nations at once. You should be rewarding the loyal players that play this game and complete the tree, not punish them for finishing the tree. Even since the first introduction to the rp bonus gaijin stated they will be a bonus for completing a tree. This is bs.

8 Likes