Following the Roadmap: Possible Changes to Ground Vehicle Damage Models

the spalls are mostly ok, their damage on the other hand, aren’t. It’s not really a matter of hitting crews more than actually damaging them that is the problem.

Considering the fact that a lot of vehicles are still missing their spall liners, the idea of increasing the amount of spall seems really dumb.

New game mechanics like this can make the game more complicated and I think it might be better if the second and third votes are based on the simulation game mode. In addition, I hope to see such an announcement about the RP bonus in the coming days.

3 Likes

I think, at this point, that RP bonus is dead. It’s been the single most pushed back change. Gaijin doesn’t seem to ever want to implement it.

4 Likes

My apologies for offending you. Clearly you didn’t read my comment. Read the comment first, if you don’t think it’s an effect that can cause players physical discomfort, then you are wrong. You’re very welcome to debate me on why it isn’t a bad business decision as well.

I like how the models are going to get more high fidelity. If I can ask a small request, it would be great if it was tied to this suggestion Reducing dependency on targeting skill for certain modern vehicles, as to give an incentive to players to be willing to transition to the newer turret drive modules.

1 Like

I hope this will only really “apply” to early versions, seeing as those newer than the 2A4 had their hydraulic pumps replaced with power electronics:

3 Likes

Some already get few days of ban for this stupid, personal trips and insults.
If you cannot discuss without insulting each other, simply stop using our forum please.
No one needs personal trips here. Too hard for you? Go away to a place where such behaviour is tolerated.

11 Likes

Ok, there should be minimum spalling and minimum spall damaging.

Please note that the survey will be available until April 19th 13:00 GMT.

2 Likes

Think people need a reality check on Option 1 and 2. these go hand in hand. more modules on the lower penning IFVs means potentially these modules can obsorb the spalling/pen effects and when you couple this with no stun mechanic because people think this is gunna be like WoTs when it ONLY APPLIES to penetration/hit of crew well its going to be fun to watch WT cry over this one

I really like this idea , but yeah it would give headache to some people lol .Imo they should do something similar too Minecraft where you can change that too just the screen becoming black for a few seconds or something like that

I think they might want to fully balance everything and include it in the update because it might break the grind meta.

It doesn’t matter what the conditions are to trigger the effect and it doesn’t matter what the duration is. It’s a terrible idea and people don’t want it.

1 Like

To be fair, I am not particularly fond of being stunlocked by autocannon SPAA.

I don’t think you can legitimately use the term balance when referring to anything in War Thunder. I get that they do, but it’s not something actually in the game or its mechanics.

do you know if it will get tested on the dev server like the fox3s? A survey is fine, but it needs to be tested, and then make another survey to see if people agree with the way it’s implemented.

1 Like

its only terrible because your thinking its like WoTs method (its not) its also realistic and curbs spall liners effectiveness which is now hear to stay, cannot count HOW MANY times iver top attacked tanks with ATGMs and only breached (yellow crew) and they suffering nothing beyond breach repair at distance.

This mechanic benefits a lot of play styles but if you think its bad then dont come complaining when option 1 is added without option 2 because thats literally gunna be a fun one to see

1 Like

To the people who want to bring stun into the game over it’s realism, can you explain to me where do we draw the line? Where does the need for realism end? I am asking in good faith, since some are so into the idea of realism, that honestly placing mental health mechanics of the crew wouldn’t be enough.

6 Likes

Most of the time you won’t hit/injure any crew when shooting an Strv 122/2A7V skill liner. They either die directly or stay untouched. A stun won’t help in those cases.

1 Like